Jump to content Jump to content

Settings for Wheel (calibration and force feedback)


Recommended Posts

Hello,

what are your settings under calibration and force feedback in F1 2020. I've experimented a bit, but I'm not getting anywhere. I appreciate your tips for improvements.

I would also be interested in your settings in the Windows system controls (here especially for the Thrustmaster T300).

Many thanks.

Regards

Patrick1983

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What do you have the maximum wheel rotation set to?

With the saturation on zero (as in the video I linked to) does the rotation of your wheel mirror that in the game?

I’ve got it 360. Can’t remember if it matches but I know if I go around a bend that just requires the slight turn of the wheel I had to turn a lot more than normal but when I put saturation to 100 it was normal and turning wheel mirrors that on game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matty5792 said:

I’ve got it 360. Can’t remember if it matches but I know if I go around a bend that just requires the slight turn of the wheel I had to turn a lot more than normal but when I put saturation to 100 it was normal and turning wheel mirrors that on game.

Maybe try it on saturation at zero again next time you load up the game? I'm torn between if there is a fault with your wheel, or you just prefer it the way you've set it without it necessarily being how it should be. It really doesn't sound right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Maybe try it on saturation at zero again next time you load up the game? I'm torn between if there is a fault with your wheel, or you just prefer it the way you've set it without it necessarily being how it should be. It really doesn't sound right.

It definitely didn’t feel right at zero. I was watching someone on YouTube playing his my team career and he was doing similar although not with Thrustmaster wheel. Having to turn wheel way too much. The comments were telling him he needs to calibrate his wheel which I’m assuming he did because he wasn’t doing it in the next video. 

Edited by Matty5792
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matty5792 said:

It definitely didn’t feel right at zero. I was watching someone on YouTube playing his my team career and he was doing similar although not with Thrustmaster wheel. Having to turn wheel way too much. The comments were telling him he needs to calibrate his wheel which I’m assuming he did because he wasn’t doing it in the next video. 

I just tried setting saturation to 100 and as I thought I'd barely have to turn the wheel at all and it's totally out of sync with the on screen wheel. Yours is behaving as if the max rotation is not 360. I know you can set this on the wheel itself but I thought the game setting should supercede this. 

If how you have your wheel set now works OK I guess that's fine for you but for the benefit of others looking for settings I think it's important to realise this isn't normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Matty5792 said:

It definitely didn’t feel right at zero. I was watching someone on YouTube playing his my team career and he was doing similar although not with Thrustmaster wheel. Having to turn wheel way too much. The comments were telling him he needs to calibrate his wheel which I’m assuming he did because he wasn’t doing it in the next video. 

Out of interest, what is your in game setting for steering linearity? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...