F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Unrealistic and annoying throttle application

3 hours ago, TSR Zinker said:

Nailed it.

Maybe someone has advice if I can do something with my wheel seetings to fox the throttle/acceleration issue?

I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX Pro

10 minutes ago, janbonator said:

You can try adding some linearity to the throttle. I suggest starting off with small adjustments, say 5% at first. I've done it with the brakes because my brake pedal is atrocious (G29).

Linearity is the best option on both. I'm on 50 for Brake and 50 for Throttle. Throttle feels nearly right (I still have to ease onto it out of corners) and I have a bit more work to do on the brakes.

As for car settings, try changing Differential and Brake Bias (lower % numbers on both) on the MFD. I would say 50% Differential is essential in Multiplayer so that you don't get spun out from rear-end contact with other cars.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Linearity is the best option on both. I'm on 50 for Brake and 50 for Throttle. Throttle feels nearly right (I still have to ease onto it out of corners) and I have a bit more work to do on the brakes.

As for car settings, try changing Differential and Brake Bias (lower % numbers on both) on the MFD. I would say 50% Differential is essential in Multiplayer so that you don't get spun out from rear-end contact with other cars.

That's an interesting point. I often have diff settings around 70 and on some tracks even higher. Never really thought how it would effect contact situations.

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 10:20 AM, David Greco CM said:

I go by the words of George Russell that said F1 2020 handling is very close to the real stuff this year. It can still be improved and it will for sure.

Plus that video ain't the real telemetry, can't be taken as reference. Is a good indication but not good enough for me to accept it as reference in order to do the handling. I pretty much go by feedback from real drivers whenever I can.

I'm sorry David but theirs got to be something wrong with the Logitech G29 theirs so many complaining about this issue, the other wheels seem fine but as I've posted many times on the forums without a response it seems like a fundamental issue with your game and that particular wheel, I have friends who have the G29 and are having the same issues when you try to accelerate out of a slow speed corner the rear just wants to spin no matter how lightly to go on the throttle, even going up a couple of gears mid way through the RPM range the rear just snaps, it's really concerning and it also loses you nearly a second a lap, please look into this.

Edited by SlendermanXXI
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, SlendermanXXI said:

I'm sorry David but theirs got to be something wrong with the Logitech G29 theirs so many complaining about this issue, the other wheels seem fine but as I've posted many times on the forums without a response it seems like a fundamental issue with your game and that particular wheel, I have friends who have the G29 and are having the same issues when you try to accelerate out of a slow speed corner the rear just wants to spin no matter how lightly to go on the throttle, even going up a couple of gears mid way through the RPM range the rear just snaps, it's really concerning and it also loses you nearly a second a lap, please look into this.

100% agree with what you said and that's the main reason I created this topic. Some tracks are fine, others are painful. Hairpins in general (or China/Zandvoort) are very bad.

I'd also extend this to other entry level Thrustmaster FFB wheels (TMX with T3PA pedals) as an example.

I watched a lot of footage and live multiplayer test sessions with people that use Fanatec wheels, the whole rear and overall balance looks much more stable for them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, TSR Zinker said:

I'd also extend this to other entry level Thrustmaster FFB wheels (TMX with T3PA pedals) as an example.

I use the T3PA pedals (pro version, but also have the none pro versions too.), and I am not having an issue with getting the power down. I was when I first started playing the game, but then I only ever made it up to like 15 hours (give or take) in past F1 titles, so my experiance was lacking. Now its not a problem at all. I drive without TCS or ABS. Currently at 60 hours in F1 2020, so its a big jump in play time for me.

I own a G920, I may plug it in and test it. The pedals for the G920 and the G29 are identical. But I cant see where they would be giving a problem. Only thing I can think of, is people not calibrating their pedals before playing. The wheel may self calibrate at first start up, but the pedals need to be calibrated manually by pressing all pedals to their maximum prior to racing. Otherwise they will go to 100% throw with barely a touch. This is the same on any wheel/pedal combination. Even USB standalone pedals like the new T-LCM's or the Fanatec pedals with USB adaptor.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'd also have to mostly disagree.

Where I don't disagree is how setups are optimized in the game. If you notice, the default setup has a pretty soft rear suspension. Unfortunately it seems pretty clear that for most players, running hard rear suspension and super soft front suspension gives superior handling to the cars in most tracks. The game is in fact realistic in how setups affect handling, and since most people are going to copy TT setups at most tracks, they will find themselves driving a very unstable car. I don't believe this is representative of an issue with the game. In fact it is super realistic regarding terminal understeer. The issue comes down to how most players on controllers and non-bank-breaking wheels are unable to feel for the front grip limit. So running super soft suspension gives a much higher traction budget to work with.

I am lucky to have been able to upgrade my wheel to a fanatec last week, and while I was very prone to spinning on my G29, the FFB on the fanatec is so refined that after a few days of getting used to it, I found myself running laps in a singapore thunderstorm like max verstappen in Brazil. Not much faster, but much much more consistent. So it really is very realistic, and the realism of terminal understeer is causing many people to oversetup, overdrive, and spin. Codemasters could fix it, but it would make the game less not more realistic. What isn't realistic is expecting yourself to have the throttle control of an F1 driver.

Edited by Foldiman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, Foldiman said:

I'd also have to mostly disagree.

Where I don't disagree is how setups are optimized in the game. If you notice, the default setup has a pretty soft rear suspension. Unfortunately it seems pretty clear that for most players, running hard rear suspension and super soft front suspension gives superior handling to the cars in most tracks. The game is in fact realistic in how setups affect handling, and since most people are going to copy TT setups at most tracks, they will find themselves driving a very unstable car. 

This.

All the issues can be dialled out by correctly setting the car up.

Edited by SIMRACER123

Not exactly related but then you get people bashing on developers – any dev, really – demanding fixes without disclosing the full mise en scene of how they encountered the issue. The margin for PICNIC is so huge yet people complain to fill in a decent bug report to feed the issues back to the devs.

PICNIC – problem in the chair not in the car.