Jump to content Jump to content

Full OSD in cockpit view

Can we please have full OSD in cockpit view. If you adjust correct FOV and camera position, you cant see the indicators on the in game wheel, because you own real life wheel is blocking the view.

Im talking about this OSD

Huomautus 2020-07-29 170600.png

Edited by Karppuuna
3 minutes ago, Karppuuna said:

Like i said in my post, your own wheel is blocking the in game wheel when driving with correct FOV and camera angle. 

Simdashboard, or another telemetry app, might be your answer.  I use it on my phone, and place my phone above my wheel so I can see it while driving.  You can have all sorts of info on the display, totally customizable.  The free version allows you to have only a couple things on the display at once.  If all you need is the revs and DRS, or Gear and Revs, that would work for you.  If you want more data, you have to upgrade, but it's very inexpensive and (in my opinion) totally worth the couple bucks.

1 hour ago, Karppuuna said:

I think it's almost zero work to codemasters enable that in cockpit view. They enable it in Dirt Rally 2.0 when people was asking for it.

In the world of video games, nothing is "almost zero work."  Hopefully this will get put in as a suggestion.  In the mean time, there are other workarounds that might help.  I suppose eventually, the best solution would be to pick up a top-end wheel with a display built in.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Moved to suggestions as not a bug. 

All of that information is on your wheel, adding the sound for the DRS indication noise. I'd see it as unnecessary use of space imo.

I actually disagree with this Barry. As pointed out by the original poster, once you place the FOV in the correct posistion with the cockpit view, a lot of the information can be obscured on the in game wheel. It is something I honestly believe should be added, as it can be posistion exactly where the end user needs it then. At the end of the day, shouldnt it all be about providing the end user the option to play how they wish?

This is what I can see if i use cockpit view on my triple screens with NV surround, the wheel posistion is right for me, as is the in game view

20200729_173859.thumb.jpg.e99bff17624a06529adffc97db5f27d1.jpg

When I play on a single screen, it isnt an issue as I use Tcam normally, when when playing in cockpit view, it is highly important to have the correct FOV where possible; which can lead to in car instrument panels no longer been visible. So having the onscreen OSD is a viable solution to those that need it. Thankfully in my case, I already owned Sim Dashboard; as there are just some racing games that I can play at all with information on screen (Dirt Rally 2.0 for example). But not everyone owns that software, or even has spare mobile devices that they can just setup and use alongside the game telemtry output.

Linked are a couple of videos that explain the need for as correct an FOV as possible while sim racing, and why its important for things such as depth perception and sense of speed -

1 hour ago, DrDraken said:

Simdashboard, or another telemetry app, might be your answer.  I use it on my phone, and place my phone above my wheel so I can see it while driving.  You can have all sorts of info on the display, totally customizable.  The free version allows you to have only a couple things on the display at once.  If all you need is the revs and DRS, or Gear and Revs, that would work for you.  If you want more data, you have to upgrade, but it's very inexpensive and (in my opinion) totally worth the couple bucks.

I use sim dashboard myself, I use an old galaxy S6 with a phone camera mount and boom arm just infront of my wheel to show me the same information that the ingame steering wheel does, I also use an old Asus 10 inch android tablet to show me car damage, brake temps, and tire wear/temp data as well. As it saves having to look through the MFD while trying to drive. Something I have yet to master in the F1 games, lol.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 10:10 AM, Karppuuna said:

Can we please have full OSD in cockpit view. If you adjust correct FOV and camera position, you cant see the indicators on the in game wheel, because you own real life wheel is blocking the view.

Im talking about this OSD

Huomautus 2020-07-29 170600.png

In patch 1.09 they added the feature which allows you to see the full HUD in cockpit view. See this pic!

978176929_FullHUDinCockpit.png.120dbc35f862300c4ac03f06e6aeb07f.png

Now all the cockpit users can have full HUD!

On 7/29/2020 at 12:52 PM, Ialyrn said:

I actually disagree with this Barry. As pointed out by the original poster, once you place the FOV in the correct posistion with the cockpit view, a lot of the information can be obscured on the in game wheel. It is something I honestly believe should be added, as it can be posistion exactly where the end user needs it then. At the end of the day, shouldnt it all be about providing the end user the option to play how they wish?

This is what I can see if i use cockpit view on my triple screens with NV surround, the wheel posistion is right for me, as is the in game view

20200729_173859.thumb.jpg.e99bff17624a06529adffc97db5f27d1.jpg

When I play on a single screen, it isnt an issue as I use Tcam normally, when when playing in cockpit view, it is highly important to have the correct FOV where possible; which can lead to in car instrument panels no longer been visible. So having the onscreen OSD is a viable solution to those that need it. Thankfully in my case, I already owned Sim Dashboard; as there are just some racing games that I can play at all with information on screen (Dirt Rally 2.0 for example). But not everyone owns that software, or even has spare mobile devices that they can just setup and use alongside the game telemtry output.

Linked are a couple of videos that explain the need for as correct an FOV as possible while sim racing, and why its important for things such as depth perception and sense of speed -

I use sim dashboard myself, I use an old galaxy S6 with a phone camera mount and boom arm just infront of my wheel to show me the same information that the ingame steering wheel does, I also use an old Asus 10 inch android tablet to show me car damage, brake temps, and tire wear/temp data as well. As it saves having to look through the MFD while trying to drive. Something I have yet to master in the F1 games, lol.

Check this pic of the FULL HUD in cockpit view. This was added in patch 1.09. Thank you so much @BarryBL! Codies are my favorite devs cuz they listen to the players' requests! They are such player-friendly devs. Thank you! 😀😉

978176929_FullHUDinCockpit.png.120dbc35f862300c4ac03f06e6aeb07f.png

• Like 1