Jump to content
F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

In F2, it's almost impossible to win starts against AI. They are extremely overpowered!

Recommended Posts

Completely different from F1 races. In F2, 9 out of 10 times the AI will have better starts than you. It's impossible to match their reaction, even without using traction control!

In F1, without traction control, it's relatively easy to have great starts. But in F2 this is just impossible!

Anyone else?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, that's why i want a working clutch during practice sessions, so it will be possible to practice the starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJB72 said:

I agree, that's why i want a working clutch during practice sessions, so it will be possible to practice the starts

Honestly, go to Grand Prix mode and simply restart the race constantly. I'm doing this to practice, as I did in the past with F1 cars.

I'm able to have excellent starts in F1 cars, but in F2 even when I have the most perfect traction (no assists), it's not possible to match their speed. 

It's so frustrating. I'm thinking about posting a bug report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you doing a formation lap?  Check your tire temperatures at the start - In last year's F1 2019 game, your F2 car shows up on the grid with cold tires with terrible grip, and it seems the AI cars are simulated with a formation lap and warm tires?  If YOU do a formation lap and warm up the tires, you'll have a lot better traction and get better starts.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you applying the throttle on car launch? As per David Greco himself (and after feedback from Lando Norris) F2 cars work differently. You need to go full throttle, let it go completely then resume your throttle application for it to bite the tarmac right and proper traction. He talks about it in the pinned thread here.

I have yet to drive a F2 car in this game though.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Flash42G said:

Are you doing a formation lap?  Check your tire temperatures at the start - In last year's F1 2019 game, your F2 car shows up on the grid with cold tires with terrible grip, and it seems the AI cars are simulated with a formation lap and warm tires?  If YOU do a formation lap and warm up the tires, you'll have a lot better traction and get better starts.

Thanks for the tip. I will check this in 2020 using replay mode.

Last days I tested using Grand Prix mode, without formation lap. But in my F2 career I do it and it's still insane how much they are overpowered. But I will also check to compare the temperatures, since I don't remember if I was warming up my tires or not. 

On 7/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, marioho said:

How are you applying the throttle on car launch? As per David Greco himself (and after feedback from Lando Norris) F2 cars work differently. You need to go full throttle, let it go completely then resume your throttle application for it to bite the tarmac right and proper traction. He talks about it in the pinned thread here.

I have yet to drive a F2 car in this game though.

Thanks! I will search this thread for these info.

After getting frustrated, I started to not apply full throttle. Noticed that I was better when applying just a bit and I also noticed other people are doing this on YouTube gameplay videos in F2 cars.

It's like avoiding the initial tires spin at all can actually improve the traction. Maybe because I'm totally unassisted. But recently I also noticed that going full and letting it go completely is also good, but I'm still struggling.

I even thought that the recommended start RPM instruction was wrong/broken.

Edited by viniciusrsouza
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×