Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Every time the safety comes out my game drops to like 720p 30Fps, is this my xbox or a known bug?

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I've just had this too. Absolutely horrible to drive with. @Thomas202 Nothing will be done without a bug report so please complete one too.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

- Driving in My Team, Race 4 in China. Lap 14 of 50% race and a safety car was triggered. As soon as the safety car was triggered, the frame rate drops and stutters horribly making it really difficult to drive. I had to pause for a couple of minutes to rest my eyes.

2.       Platform

- Xbox One X. (4k HDR TV as this may be relevant)

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

- My Team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

- issue occurred on subsequent safety cars in Zandvort and Spain although did not appear as severe as China

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

- created a mid session save while the SC was out. Quit the game and relaunched my team mode and resumed from the save. Frame rate issue persists. Issue solved itself when SC ended.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

- Logitech G920

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

- Did take a capture but it's not obvious, likely because capture taken in 1080p. Not sure what frame rate the Xbox uses on captures, possibly 30

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This occurred again in the next race at Zandvort, although didn't seem as severe as China. Problem only exists during SC period.

I remember having the same problem last year with the SC. As CM are making the same mistakes over the years, maybe you could check if the telemetry UDP is off in the game settings. Maybe it could help.

21 hours ago, philappleraily said:

I remember having the same problem last year with the SC. As CM are making the same mistakes over the years, maybe you could check if the telemetry UDP is off in the game settings. Maybe it could help.

Fwiw, UDP telemetry data was turned off.

1 hour ago, TasmanianTiger said:

Another thread about this topic 

With video evidence

Thanks @TasmanianTiger. Although likely related, I'd argue that this issue doesn't completely match this topic as the OP of that topic stated random stutters and FPS drops.

The issue I'm having only occurs during the SC. As soon as the safety car ends, everything goes back to normal again.

Posted (edited)

Then maybe ive put the wrong evidence at the wrong post, cause what you describe is exactly what happened during the video haha. I will post the clips here too then. 

Edited by TasmanianTiger

Okay I have created two clips. Unfortunately it is 30 fps so you dont see the extreme dip (and rise in fps after SC goes back in) in fps on the main screen. HOWEVER, the virtual mirror its fps is always half of the main view I noticed, so I used that to my advantage. The mirror indeed VISIBLY changes in fps in both clips between 30 and 15 fps.

As I already mentioned, this is a HUGE performance drop, and has way more impact than visible on the clips. 

And here the fps goes back up

Take notice how the Haas in the mirror comes nearer at 10fps, until the safety car goes in and the haas completes its catching up to the pack at 30fps. Again this problem affects the entire screen its fps massively, its just not visible on the video. It also happens during the formation lap and the pitstop, but there the performance drops vary per track

Thanks @TasmanianTiger. You're having the exact same issue as me. I've recorded it too, but I really can't see it in the capture, but while driving it's real bad.

@BarryBL what does it take to get an acknowledgement to this?

• Agree 1

Bug reported and with developers. Apologies for the delay guys.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1