Sign in to follow this  

Would you like to see a full blown IndyCar game form Codemasters?

How boring would that be, where's the skill in that?

Round and round and round and round......zzzzzzzz!

Whoops I just dropped off.

I voted YES, but their isn't enough interest buy the community which is evidenced by the lack of interest in the feature both in grid 2 and grid auto sport!  i love open wheel but the community doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm.  They should focus on a Touring car game.

I voted no,

I watch sometimes a indycar race, when not doing ovals, so boring.
CM should put all their energy and skills in the current F1 games, deserving to be a full blown F1 experience without bugs etc. :)

The last Indycar game on the original Xbow was buggy and never patched. Nothing changes, better not to make any more games and get our hopes up...

Santarini said:
IndyCar has plenty of fans from all over the world, and they haven't had a true IndyCar game in at least ten years.

If done well, it would succeed.
True...Last Indycar game was 2003 by Codemasters...
Actually, the last IndyCar game by Codemasters was called "IndyCar Series 2005" according to the box it was released in 2004!

This PS2 game was stunning and I loved it but it was let down by the fact that there where no road tracks in the series such as the famous "IndyCar" tracks Watkins Glen, and Laguna Seca! Also strangely for Codemasters when that question was raised by many people (shortly after its release) they actually made a statement to the effect that the "IndyCar series" did not in fact run on road circuits! Odd that they responded! Not odd that they lied in light of the profusion of lies they have told us since!

Codemasters can also lay claim to another of my favourite games, namely the brilliant, "NasCar2 06 Total Team Control" in which you could (using a mike) talk to your pit crew and team mates to advise you were coming into the pits, and ask your team mates to assist you things like "Bump Drafting" and dropping back down the field to pace you back to the front, for instance after a pit stop.

I am English and I adore Oval racing! "IndyCar 2005" has one of the most comprehensive car set up features I have ever seen including the ability to change tyre pressures for each wheel, In fact springs, dampeners and  ride height were also adjusted for all four corners (wheels) individually. In addition there was a fully functioning flag, cautions and penalty system. and the ability, in the pits to select which tyres would be changed, which damaged parts would be changed and how much fuel would be delivered. 

"If done well it would succeed."  If  "IndyCar Series 2005" was re-vamped to the current year and had the missing road tracks added to it I would run to the shops to buy a PS4 and probably a Thrustmasted TSR 500 Wheel with a wheel and peddle stand/rack to boot! This game, if it was re-made completely for the current gen systems  including the road tracks , It is good enough to succeed! 

I vote Yes!  

I would have to respectfully vote no.  Although I love the Indy cars it would turn out like the F1 games for me.  I love them but after a while I get tired of just vanilla ice cream.  I prefer the variety in GAS, FM series etc.  And with GAS I can run dozens of tracks in my IndyCars.  I run the street tracks all the time in Custom Cup.  Some night scenarios would be nice but I digress.

I vote yes because well, the truth is we have not had an indycar game for like 10 years now and when I played on my ps2 was really amizing. As of today, in both grid 2 and autosport did good with indy cars in the game but it will be a lot better that indycar has its own racing simulation similar to f1's because grid its not enough were, I mean the series having its own season which is the same racing schedule the sport runs, have victory celebrations, run in lower divisions such as indy lights and pro mazda series, race to the top (start in the lowest division to the highest), and create your own driver and car (either chevy or honda) with a lot of sponsors to choose from. And also create your own custom team. Trust me, I'm a huge fan of NASCAR, IndyCar, Formula 1, and lots of racing categories around the world and I played some simulations of those categories and have a lot of brillant ideas of it. Cool and legit ideas of my own. So if there will be an IndyCar simulation in the near future. Maybe my vote and ideas I shared out helped.

Would anyone like to see a btcc game with formula Renault, Clio cup, ginettas, - plus online, that would be cool

Not in a million years.  In two million, maybe, but not a million.  They've given no indication they'll figure out how to make a non-rally racing sim in the next one million years.

I believe code masters should make a IndyCar Series game. As a resident of Long Beach, CA indy cars have been race in our city streets for 44 consecutive years. The track layout has changed 8 times. Yes I'm young only being 21 years, but I've been to 21 IndyCar races two blocks from my house. 

ImdyCar racing is bigger then the U.S. and Canada. They have raced in Japan, Mexico, Brazil. There's a following worldwide. 

If if the game is done correctly, with the all the ovals and road & street courses, pit stops with tire (all three tire compounds) and fuel strategy. Full damage cautions. 

Don't get me wrong, F1 is a great game but IndyCar would be better because they aren't different manufactures. So Ferrari, red bull and Mercedes don't blow caterham, lotus and sauber out of the water. It's either chevy or honda, driver skill and aerokit. 

Make IndyCar!!

I would just be happy if Indy Series 2005 would worked in Windows 10. But they need an updated version. Why wont this game work in win 10? 

I would just be happy if Indy Series 2005 would worked in Windows 10. But they need an updated version. Why wont this game work in win 10? 
What's the problem? If you're talking the original Indycar Series game (as 2005 was Xbox only). It works on my Win10 64bit I think.

P.S. the most recent official Indycar that Codemasters did was 4 ovals and cars in ToCA Race Driver 3 in 2006.

Yes

Indycar fans would buy this game. 
Motorsport fanatics would buy this game. 
F1 fans would give this a try. 

Isnt Projects Cars 2 going to be the official game of the Indycar series? I remember reading Ian Bell saying that. It won't have all the tracks from the season but it will have all the teams and drivers. Either way my vote is no. Let them get things right in their F1 games first then we'll see.

I'm a little late in responding to this Poll, but it seems clear that a majority of those responding would like to see an IndyCar series game.    Those against doing it didn't seem to have very good arguments other than a personal lack of interest or interest in other racing styles.   I think Codemasters could do a great job and provide the ability to race on some tracks that are not available in other racing games (such as Mid-Ohio).   So, my message to Codemasters is...   JUST DO IT!

YES YES YES definitely - I m a big Indycar Fan  from Europe !!!
The new Cars for 2018 looking awesome !!!
and please also a Mac OSX Version °!°
"IndyCar 2005" has one of the most comprehensive car set up features I have ever seen including the ability to change tyre pressures for each wheel, In fact springs, dampeners and  ride height were also adjusted for all four corners (wheels) individually.
but Grid 2 Indycar Pack is disappointing - because without the possibility of setups !!!
so i hope there will be a Indycar Racing 2018 at the end of next year !!!
best wishes,
Fernando Alonso

p.s. new Indycar Game !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPBZnH-qerM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KL-2_8l0k
ask the Fans : 145.515 views !!!

LOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new car looks amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39lMTvu4vV0