Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Time Trial Leaderboards Fail to Load (0 players)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I first go into time trials, the leaderboards load up fine and there are no issues. However, if I decide to move to a new track (through 'Changing Car and Track Selection'), I find that pretty much most of the time, the leaderboards fail to load. The interface will say 'Downloading Data' (I believe), but no data will actually download. The 'Downloading Data' widget will disappear from the top left and no data will be shown. No data will be shown on both the Global and Friends leaderboard. 

2.       Platform

PS4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

This has happened >10 times, following the above steps in 1.

I think that it occurs when I have been on the initial time trial track for a good while. 

I believe that the issue has also happened, albeit more rarely (or at least less noticeably) when I have stayed on the one original track for an extended period, as I have think the 'You are now X on the Leaderboard' stops showing up, and the ghost that isn't my car is an old, slower ghost.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I have tried quitting time trials, and going back into time trials. This either a) unfortunately doesn't resolve the issue or b) I get stuck on 'Communicating with Online Services' when I quit the time trial, and aren't able to attempt to go back into time trial. (this is different to the noted Multiplayer Racing issue I believe, as this just happens in the menus). The only resolution I've found is a full restart of the game.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29 + pedals.
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

Time trial leaderboards don't load any results, trying from car select screen and when at circuit. On leaderboard screen all you see is 0 players. It used to work previously. 

2. Platform.

Google Stadia.

3. What version of the game are you using? 

4. Game mode?

Time trial. 

5. What are you replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. 

Since the 1.06 update it never loads any times. With 1.04 and 1.05 is was buggy but occasionally would load the times. I have tried to load them up over 10 times a day for the few days. Trying at every circuit and with every car. 

6. What troubleshooting have you attempted? 

I have exited game and re opened numerous times. Have also tried it from Chromecast ultra on my TV, my phone and my surface pro laptop. Same result everytime. 

7. What peripherals are you using? 

Stadia controller. 

8. Any screenshot of the issue? 

Attached. 

15961209983547925377059307576975.jpg

Question if I can @Worthingtonio, I've tried to replicate this with the below. Am I doing anything differently to your replication method:

1./ Time trail > Any car > Any track - Russia for example.

2./ Set lap on Track 1

3./ Pause game > Car track selection > Change to track 2

4./ Set lap on Track 2

5./ End Session

6./ Check Leaderboards.

If it was this, it works as designed on PC. I can try on Xbox if this is the right method.

Hi @BarryBL, thanks for the response. 

I don’t think your replication method would cause the issue, as it seems to be spending an extended period in time trial that causes it. Also, whilst the leaderboard after ending the session also doesn’t load, looking at the leaderboards (to copy a setup for example) through the Session Info screen of the same session had the issue.

I experienced it again today on my lunch, but it appeared to be slightly different circumstances, whereby I went onto Bahrain Short by accident, and instantly switched over when I could to Bahrain (instead of, say a 50/50 split in terms of time spent on each track). All the lap times and leaderboards etc were loading, but at some point in the session they weren’t. 

This leads me to believe that this in fact could be replicated just by spending an extended period of time on one track, so I’ll see if that is the case this evening. If this is the case, then I believe this could be tied in with the looping “Communicating with Online Services” I get after quitting time trial (when the leaderboards fail to load), so could be a more general connectivity issue?

To save you time, I’ll do some more testing tonight to try and more consistently recreate the issue and get back to you. 

• Like 1

Hi @BarryBL,

So I’ve just confirmed that this issue is still the case even with staying on one track. From the looks of it, it seems like it could be a more inherent issue with the connection to online services which means the leaderboards can’t load?

19:10 Load up Hanoi, all leaderboards load. Load car setup from saved car setups (not from leaderboard)

19:11 Start flying lap 

19:13 Restarted lap

19:13-19:20 Multiple flying laps

19:20 Check leaderboards, ‘Downloading Content’ loops seemingly indefinitely. Will leave for 5 minutes to see if anything happens. 

19:25 Still ‘Downloading content’ with ‘Total: 0 Players’. Press circle to go back to the car screen. Press square to go back into session info. ‘Downloading content’ has disappeared, and there is still Total: 0 players. 

19:26 End session, ‘Communicating with online services’ loops indefinitely and I can’t get back onto the F1 menus. Only a close application and restart fixes.

Hello @BarryBL,

As a french, I’m sorry for my approximative English speaking..

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

Globally the same issue than @Worthingtonio :

I’ve downloaded the “F1 2020” game Thursday and have played it about 20 hours. In time trial mode, the lap-time tab appears blank in different cases:

- sometimes (~25%) directly in the race selection main menu,

- sometimes (~50%) as soon as I join the « stand » (« garage »?),

- mostly (~75%) after running a few laps and coming back to the stand,

- always (100%) when I change race and car selection from the stand.

2.       Platform 
PlayStation 4 Slim 500

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Systematic in each game session (more than 4 times): see 1.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?
  - ADSL Ethernet

- Download around 50-100Mb/s

- Upload around 5-10Mb/s

- Game uploaded with PSNetwork

The only way I’ve found to try to solve the issue is to quit the game, and eventually restart the PS4: but not always work.

7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

See video attached

8.         [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.

-not concerned-

Tell me if you need more details.
Thank you!

Hi @BarryBL,

hope you’re well. 

After now getting into online a lot more, I’m pretty confident that this is actually a ‘Connecting to online services’ bug. As in both ranked and unranked, I can stay in a lobby for a good while, but as soon as I leave, I get the ‘connecting to online services’ forever and can’t get back to the menus. 

I have exactly the same problem as worthingtonio. Leaderboard of time trial doesn't charge 9 times out of 10. 
I have also suspected it to be an online connection problem from the PS4 to codemasters servers, but I could be wrong. This problem has been going on since launch.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:16 AM, Meelty said:

I have exactly the same problem as worthingtonio. Leaderboard of time trial doesn't charge 9 times out of 10. 
I have also suspected it to be an online connection problem from the PS4 to codemasters servers, but I could be wrong. This problem has been going on since launch.

Hi @Meelty,

Out of interest, who is your internet service provider?

I have this issue still with leaderboards never loading. Internet service provider is Virgin media. Any update on a fix yet?

Are they always blank? because I have this issue on Xbox as well on initially loading them, but it fixes itself in less than a minute.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Are they always blank? because I have this issue on Xbox as well on initially loading them, but it fixes itself in less than a minute.

Hey, in fact its the other way round.

My leaderboards will initially load after a few seconds, but eventually, they fail to load (as described above).

On stadia. Always blank. Can never see times at all. Has been this was for weeks. 

Hi @BarryBL,

Have you been able to recreate this? It’s still quite a significant issue! I’m forced to frequently close the application and restart throughout a session.

Thanks,

James

On 8/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, syl2zero said:

Hello @BarryBL,

As a french, I’m sorry for my approximative English speaking..

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

Globally the same issue than @Worthingtonio :

I’ve downloaded the “F1 2020” game Thursday and have played it about 20 hours. In time trial mode, the lap-time tab appears blank in different cases:

- sometimes (~25%) directly in the race selection main menu,

- sometimes (~50%) as soon as I join the « stand » (« garage »?),

- mostly (~75%) after running a few laps and coming back to the stand,

- always (100%) when I change race and car selection from the stand.

2.       Platform 
PlayStation 4 Slim 500

4.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial

Systematic in each game session (more than 4 times): see 1.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?
  - ADSL Ethernet

- Download around 50-100Mb/s

- Upload around 5-10Mb/s

- Game uploaded with PSNetwork

The only way I’ve found to try to solve the issue is to quit the game, and eventually restart the PS4: but not always work.

7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

See video attached

8.         [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.

-not concerned-

Tell me if you need more details.
Thank you!

FullSizeRender.mov

Hi,

i have the same problem as syl2zero, besides this some times the loading screens freeze.

I'm on a PS4 slim 500 GB and version software 1.09.

i also tried to uninstall and reinstall with no results, is there any other solution?

Thanks.

Hey @BarryBL,

Hope you’re well. 

As an update for this, I opened the ports recommended, but unfortunately I am still getting this bug whereby the leaderboards stop loading (and the game indefinitely hangs on Communicating with Online services after exiting time trial). 

Do you have any other recommendations for a possible fix? 

Would providing Report Codes help in solving network issues like this? If so I’m happy to gather a list of report codes from my time trial sessions this week 🙂 

• Agree 1