F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Time Trial Glitch

3 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Not the whole community. I'm not sure which is more stupid, to organize a league based on solely on TT results, or actually cheat your way into one just to get wrecked when things get going. I don't believe the problem is as big as you make it to be. What about them who spent a hundred hours to do a legit time for some league qualification?

League organizer can ask the drivers to provide a video of their lap. Problem solved (until a fix comes up).

The problem isnt solved, you clearly have no idea. How can every driver send in a video of a lap time they could of set a month or so ago and didnt get a clip of?

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I cba with you. Why so defensive. I've posted irrefutable proof of game breaking glitches and given you an explanation as to why it is bad. Are you involved in a league or the f1 community at all?

Yes you posted proof of a glitch - to the wrong place. Bug reports are in an another section and that's where they need to be posted if you want a fix. And yes, I'm in two leagues at the moment and by most post count you should be able to deduct that I am "involved in the community", more so than you.

I simply don't agree that everything needs to be reset ASAP because everyone is a cheater.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, zZ A M P Aa said:

The problem isnt solved, you clearly have no idea. How can every driver send in a video of a lap time they could of set a month or so ago and didnt get a clip of?

Sorry, but this sounds all a bit more like "oh, i'm not in the top10 anymore". You are right it should be patched, but no need to hurry. If you have so many corrupt people in a league i would leave it.

• Agree 1

Off topic but could some of the fast TT times on 2019 be fake too? It could possibly mean that I'm not really 10 seconds slower than the fastest time on the Silverstone leaderboard. 😉 Calm down everyone........I'm joking. The way I drive I deserve to be that slow. I do know however (from personal experience) that using flashback on 2019 DOES invalidate current lap time.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

I completely agree that if TT is bugged, and allowing Flashback, that it should be fixed. It was your claim that only League players should be using TT, and anyone not interested in setting record times should stay off it. 

Also, I don't see that League Owners' demands should be treated with any higher priority than other users. 

I didnt claim only league drivers should be using TT and I didnt say anyone should stay off it. I said the idea of it is to see where you stand on the leaderboard and that practice sessions are for practicing. 

33 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

What are you talking about, the only thing time trial is used for is to see where you stand on the leaderboard 🤷‍♂️ 

I use TT a lot for learning and getting better around tracks, and learning to drive without assists.

Regarding flashbacks I hadn't realised they could be used in TT. I actually don't know why they exist in any game mode and I never use them.

Basing league entry on TT times seems a bit of a bad idea though, as there is a big difference between being able to set a one-off fast lap time with no other cars on track, and races.

• Agree 2

I didnt claim only league drivers should be using TT and I didnt say anyone should stay off it. I said the idea of it is to see where you stand on the leaderboard and that practice sessions are for practicing. 

That's a very fine distinction. 

1 minute ago, Akkan74 said:

Sorry, but this sounds all a bit more like "oh, i'm not in the top10 anymore". You are right it should be patched, but no need to hurry. If you have so many corrupt people in a league i would leave it.

I wish I could say that. My best standing is nowhere near top 10, although it could be if I just use rewinds.

9 minutes ago, Scrogs said:

Off topic but could some of the fast TT times on 2019 be fake too? It could possibly mean that I'm not really 10 seconds slower than the fastest time on the Silverstone leaderboard. 😉 Calm down everyone........I'm joking. The way I drive I deserve to be that slow. I do know however (from personal experience) that using flashback on 2019 DOES invalidate current lap time.  

I was always able to set a faster time either through flashback or saving a midpoint and reloading in career mode, so it would not surprise me that this bug was/is in time trial. 

And I use TT to figure out car set ups and try different ways to tackle corners, so having flashback is a feature I like.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I'd like to know where these so called practice sessions are please?? If I want to practice a new track all on my lonesome with no other car around to wreck my practice I have to load a GP mode race with full practice sessions and use those? Heck GTFO!! TT is the place for this my friend. It's not always about setting the fastest time possible although that is what the mode is made for, but this is the best place for practicing.

On the other note, flashbacks should be made to invalidate the lap time if used and if it's by design not to, then this needs to be added as a suggestion, if it is made to and it is not, then that's a bug report so add that to your list of things to report along with gaining time under flashback. Simples!

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, martbloke said:

I'd like to know where these so called practice sessions are please?? If I want to practice a new track all on my lonesome with no other car around to wreck my practice I have to load a GP mode race with full practice sessions and use those? Heck GTFO!! TT is the place for this my friend. It's not always about setting the fastest time possible although that is what the mode is made for, but this is the best place for practicing.

On the other note, flashbacks should be made to invalidate the lap time if used and if it's by design not to, then this needs to be added as a suggestion, if it is made to and it is not, then that's a bug report. Simples!

There is no practice mode. Part of the problem. You have to force it yourself using a private unranked lobby. But its do able and the cars are more realistic to drive than they are on TT. 

There is no practice mode. Part of the problem. You have to force it yourself using a private unranked lobby. But its do able and the cars are more realistic to drive than they are on TT. 

This would be a great solution if it was possible to do it solo. The thing is at the moment you always need someone else in the lobby as well - something I hope they change in the future. I'd much prefer using my league car over the Merc because the views are different in cockpit.

Sorry did I mention online practice? Nope. I have never driven Zandvoort nor Hanoi so I would want to practice those and have no interest in online play so why do I need to create an online lobby when I have an Offline TT mode where I can drive these and practice these on my own without interference? I don't.

• Agree 1

You only found out about this now? This is at least 3 years old. I reported it back then but nothing happened.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Sorry did I mention online practice? Nope. I have never driven Zandvoort nor Hanoi so I would want to practice those and have no interest in online play so why do I need to create an online lobby when I have an Offline TT mode where I can drive these and practice these on my own without interference? I don't.

Because TT isnt realistic the cars are jacked up to scenario 7 they just dont drive like that in the normal game. 

Because TT isnt realistic the cars are jacked up to scenario 7 they just dont drive like that in the normal game. 

But we set them up how we want, and we're not trying to compete with TT times.. 

Time trial serves as a leaderboard and as practice.

This is all solved by invalidating your lap once you use the flashback.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, janbonator said:

This would be a great solution if it was possible to do it solo. The thing is at the moment you always need someone else in the lobby as well - something I hope they change in the future. I'd much prefer using my league car over the Merc because the views are different in cockpit.

Practice sessions can be launched solo. That is the only way to practice on the game with a realistic car.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Practice sessions can be launched solo. That is the only way to practice on the game with a realistic car.

Oh, that's very good to know, thanks. I tried it a week ago or so and it just wouldn't let me start the session before there was another player in.

The problem with practice sessions though is the lack of grip on track.

Edited by janbonator

@zZ A M P Aa also btw if you are complaining so much, why haven't you posted a complete bug report in the Gameplay Issues and Bugs TA sub-forum? That's how this will be fixed.

• Agree 1

Just now, Costa said:

@zZ A M P Aa also btw if you are complaining so much, why haven't you posted a complete bug report in the Gameplay Issues and Bugs TA sub-forum? That's how this will be fixed.

I put 6 bugs in there today and as far as I know codemasters are aware of this.

I put 6 bugs in there today and as far as I know codemasters are aware of this.

You posted 6 bugs in one post and didn't bother to use the bug template and decided to bugger off once someone told you to use it. How do you expect them to replicate if you don't provide full details?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Yes exactly. There is a glitch right now where if you rewind a flashback in TT you gain time. 1.12 at monza and 57 sec at austria. 

If you have experienced the issue @zZ A M P Aa, please:

•  Use the right hand search bar to check if someone has posted a bug already for you to add a completed report on.
  •  Failing that, post a full complete bug report so I can pass to developers for investigation.

We do ask if you see a issue to report it in full. This is critical in replication, diagnosis and gives us a chance to remedy. Without a complete report, it becomes more difficult to establish and replicate the issue. We have to find a consistent and reliable replication method, so we can identify the issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costa said:

You posted 6 bugs in one post and didn't bother to use the bug template and decided to bugger off once someone told you to use it. How do you expect them to replicate if you don't provide full details?

The videos are self explanatory and 30 seconds long. You could see all of them in less than 4 mins. 

• Disagree 1

The videos are self explanatory and 30 seconds long. You could see all of them in less than 4 mins. 

And if they don't know how to get to it they will never be able to reproduce it, which means it will continue in the game and won't be fixed.

Use your brain please