F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Time Trial Glitch

Are the leaderboards going to be reset? Also why is the flashback feature even available in TT? How many people have use that to set hot laps. When is the patch coming out to fix this? A lot of people have cheated league trials with fake TTs.

Flashback is enabled in TT because it's not explicitly a leaderboard competition mode, while many players may use it as that, many don't, and it works more as a either a learning mode, or improving your lap times etc. Therefore no reason to remove flashback from this IMO. 

However, it invalidates lap times. When you use it, you should even get a message telling you this, lap invalidated due to flashback use, or whatever it is. 

Is this not happening currently?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

What are you talking about, the only thing time trial is used for is to see where you stand on the leaderboard 🤷‍♂️ 

• Disagree 7

Nobody needs flashback in TT. Practice sessions are for practicing. If you are using flashbacks it shouldn't be anywhere near an online/competitive arena and offline modes only. 

• Disagree 4

Just now, zZ A M P Aa said:

Nobody needs flashback in TT. Practice sessions are for practicing. If you are using flashbacks it shouldn't be anywhere near an online/competitive arena and offline modes only. 

Again, TT is not an explicitly 'online/competitive area'. Flashback has always been in TT,  and blocks laps being recorded with it. 

If you want it removed, suggestions forum is right next door fella, but it's not a bug. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Again, TT is not an explicitly 'online/competitive area'. Flashback has always been in TT,  and blocks laps being recorded with it. 

If you want it removed, suggestions forum is right next door fella, but it's not a bug. 

You're telling me a 57 second lap around the Red Bull ring isn't a bug? 

1 minute ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I'm telling you that as long as the system is working correctly, Flashback wasn't used to do it. 

5 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Blimey - Entitled much? 

How about all the league owners who have been setting up for months only to find out that all the TT times sent in by drivers could be false and they have to start it all again? Leagues are already pushing start dates back because of bugs it's not cool. 

I doubt the leaderboards will be reset. It's very rare for CM to do so. I hope they'd leave it alone and somehow find a way to root out the cheaters. Using this glitch requires intent, it can't be done by accident - I wouldn't mind if those most abusive would be banned.

Just now, KNT2011 said:

I'm telling you that as long as the system is working correctly, Flashback wasn't used to do it. 

I suppose this is fake then? And a 1.12 around monza is realistic?

IMG_20200730_130414.jpg

4 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

What has it to do with flashbacks? Do you want to say you can achieve a round under a minute by using flashbacks?

Just now, Akkan74 said:

What has it to do with flashbacks? Do you want to say you can achieve a round under a minute by using flashbacks?

It's better not to put the method out in public display..

1 minute ago, Akkan74 said:

Yes exactly. There is a glitch right now where if you rewind a flashback in TT you gain time. 1.12 at monza and 57 sec at austria. 

Yes exactly. There is a glitch right now where if you rewind a flashback in TT you gain time. 1.12 at monza and 57 sec at austria. 

ok. This shouldn't be possible and CM has to look into it. Have you filled a bug report?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

You realize that by spreading this in a public domain you will only make the problem worse?

Just now, janbonator said:

You realize that by spreading this in a public domain you will only make the problem worse?

This has been all over Twitter since last night. How I'm the first person to post it here is beyond me. If more people see it then CM will patch it. All they need to do is remove flashbacks from time trial and reset the leaderboards. There is no need for them to be there. 

• Disagree 1

This has been all over Twitter since last night. How I'm the first person to post it here is beyond me. If more people see it then CM will patch it. All they need to do is remove flashbacks from time trial and reset the leaderboards. There is no need for them to be there. 

I guess you then assume that a majority or even a meaningful portion of the player base actually follows some content creators on twitter. Flashbacks have always been in TT, so that's not a problem per se. If they can't fix it, then remove it. CM will not release a patch any sooner even if you bought an ad for it in the New York Times. They just released a patch on Monday. Why is it so important to reset the leaderboards asap, when the bug came "known" just last night? Some people have spent a ton of time doing legitimate laptimes, and resetting them because of a few bug abusers is not a light choice.

• Agree 1

I guess you then assume that a majority or even a meaningful portion of the player base actually follows some content creators on twitter. Flashbacks have always been in TT, so that's not a problem per se. If they can't fix it, then remove it. CM will not release a patch any sooner even if you bought an ad for it in the New York Times. They just released a patch on Monday. Why is it so important to reset the leaderboards asap, when the bug came "known" just last night? Some people have spent a ton of time doing legitimate laptimes, and resetting them because of a few bug abusers is not a light choice.

Erm because hundreds of league owners who have built their tiers and driver line ups based on times set in time trial are now screwed as anyone could of set fake times. The whole community has been pushed back by this it is crazy.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Erm because hundreds of league owners who have built their tiers and driver line ups based on times set in time trial are now screwed as anyone could of set fake times. The whole community has been pushed back by this it is crazy.

Not the whole community. I'm not sure which is more stupid, to organize a league based on solely on TT results, or actually cheat your way into one just to get wrecked when things get going. I don't believe the problem is as big as you make it to be. What about them who spent a hundred hours to do a legit time for some league qualification?

League organizer can ask the drivers to provide a video of their lap. Problem solved (until a fix comes up).

Edited by janbonator
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Not the whole community. I'm not sure which is more stupid, to organize a league based on solely on TT results, or actually cheat your way into one just to get wrecked when things get going. I don't believe the problem is as big as you make it to be. What about them who spent a hundred hours to do a legit time for some league qualification?

I cba with you. Why so defensive. I've posted irrefutable proof of game breaking glitches and given you an explanation as to why it is bad. Are you involved in a league or the f1 community at all?

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

This is always a bit lame reason for me. People in a league should have a bit of a codex to not cheat. On the other hand which advantage do i have by cheating in a league? Afterwards i will get eaten by other players during league races.

18 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

How about all the league owners who have been setting up for months only to find out that all the TT times sent in by drivers could be false and they have to start it all again? Leagues are already pushing start dates back because of bugs it's not cool. 

I completely agree that if TT is bugged, and allowing Flashback, that it should be fixed. It was your claim that only League players should be using TT, and anyone not interested in setting record times should stay off it. 

Also, I don't see that League Owners' demands should be treated with any higher priority than other users. 

• Like 3