Sign in to follow this  

My personal feedback @ half of season 2

I want to give my feedback on what needs to be balanced in the game, I'm at half of the second season in the MyTeam career. I'm playing 50% races, right now at 97 difficulty, all assists off (with the exception of TC in wet races).

• AI difficulty is unbalanced in quali vs race. They are too fast in quali, I always qualify in 13th-18th place and in the race my pace is in the range of the top 6 drivers.
  • AI too fast on race start. The AI starts too fast whent he lights go off. I have to fight against the wheels spinning and I'm still slower than them, looks like they have perfect grip and can go full throttle from first gear.
  • AI too slow the first lap. The AI is just too slow the first lap, their braking points are too early and they don't carry any speed through the corners, overtaking is too easy.
  • AI too slow when weather changes. When the weather changes from cloudy to rain, It looks like the AI immediately feels the loss in grip when the first drops of water come down and lose pace, while I'm able to keep the dry pace for 1-2 laps. The same happens when it stops raining, they start pushing as it stops, while I have to wait for the track to dry up.
  • AI too fast when weather stabilises. After a while, the tarmac becomes wet, and the AI, even though they lost pace when it was still dry, are too fast. I have to turn on traction control so I can push hard but they are still much faster.
  • 1-stop strategies are too effective. Even with longer 50% races (compared to 25%) one-stop strategies are the way to go. It's much better to get P11 in quali so you can do the strategy you want and go M + H than to get P1 and run S+M+M. A part from the drivers in the top 3 teams, the others that qualified in the top 10 (2-stops strategy) will drop places and arrive behind the drivers that qualified 10+ (1-stop strategy), even if they have better cars. It has been a solid pattern through many races now.
  • Agree 2

I can confirm what you have written is also the case at 50, 60, and 70 AI (I've been working my way up).

I qualify low, but finish the race much higher.

The AI seem to start at the instant the lights go out.  I watched a replay of my race the other night and as soon as the lights went out, the AI cars started moving.  I have excellent reflexes, but they're so fast off the line any team would ask for the stewards to have a look at the telemetry to check for a jumped start.  But then, once they get going, they don't seem to keep that pace.

AI performance in the wet seems to have dropped off too much.  I'm not that good in the rain, but I am better than most of the AI.  Whereas in dry conditions, not as good.  Maybe boost them a bit in the rain.

Can't comment on the last two points as I haven't had that much experience in mixed weather conditions, and I haven't run a one-stopper yet.

5 hours ago, Simgiov said:

I agree with all those points apart from the AI starting off too quick. I usually start off much quicker than the AI and overtake 2-3 cars at least on the straight. (92% AI)

Apart from this, I find the AI needs lots of work and its been the same old now for the last 3 years. Quali AI are on steroids, yet when it comes to the race, its a different story. Do CM ever put in the work to improve arguably the most important aspect of the game? AI

I think it's damning that Codemasters have basically not improved the AI model since F1 2014. 6 years and no progress.

After the first corner, they still ridiculously queue up on their racing line, making it so easy to go up in the inside.

They can't race wheel to wheel - if they try and overtake on the inside they get trapped on the apex. 

If it is just starting to rain, the model makes them pit at their scheduled time anyway.

It's not good enough. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, creweutah said:

I agree with all those points apart from the AI starting off too quick. I usually start off much quicker than the AI and overtake 2-3 cars at least on the straight. (92% AI)

Apart from this, I find the AI needs lots of work and its been the same old now for the last 3 years. Quali AI are on steroids, yet when it comes to the race, its a different story. Do CM ever put in the work to improve arguably the most important aspect of the game? AI

Yeah same. I outperform the car massively on lap 1 and then it's downhill from there

11 hours ago, JosephAgnello said:

I think it's damning that Codemasters have basically not improved the AI model since F1 2014. 6 years and no progress.

After the first corner, they still ridiculously queue up on their racing line, making it so easy to go up in the inside.

They can't race wheel to wheel - if they try and overtake on the inside they get trapped on the apex. 

If it is just starting to rain, the model makes them pit at their scheduled time anyway. 

It's not good enough.  

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately the AI is so poor, probably because CM realise multiplayer is their core right now. Provide me another reason why the AI has been so daft for the past 5-7 years without significant improvement. Critical, but it is ruining the immersion for me and I can't get into a driver career or MT save. So much wrong with the core game right now (AI)

I quite don’t agree with the AI. I always have great fight with them trying to block me when I want to overtake.

This is not perfect but improved over last year.

What needs to be improved is the race strategy of the AI, the in and out laps (completely crazy) and ok on this point, I agree. CM did not modify it since years now.

• Agree 1