Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 Big fps drops

Got a problem here. Game works fine, but when i start the race theres huge FPS drops (around 10fps).
theres no structure in it. It happens when it happens. I can drive a whole race without problems, but i also cant even race for 1km.

Intel i5 2500
ATI 7950OC
8GB ram

anyone?

Yes, same problem - the game is utterly unplayable for me. I tried 720p Ultra Low settings and its really laggy and unplayable.

Intel I7 4790K
MSI R9 280x
16Gb RAM

Here you can see the problem. i recorded it earlier today. First i can race. And from minute 12 its all bad.
.twitch.tv/lochtv/v/7231961

Yup, same here, already reported my issues in another thread
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7540/issue-f1-2015-pc-framerate-drops#latest

Glad this is being looked into :smile: 

DanH23 said:
Yes, same problem - the game is utterly unplayable for me. I tried 720p Ultra Low settings and its really laggy and unplayable.

Intel I7 4790K
MSI R9 280x
16Gb RAM
i have also an 4790K
280X
8GB RAm

works perfect for me without any fps drops :open_mouth: 

Blur93 said:
DanH23 said:

Intel I7 4790K
MSI R9 280x
16Gb RAM
i have also an 4790K
280X
8GB RAm

So its gamebased and not PC based ;)

Same problem here.

as soon as the lights turn green it drops from solid 70-80 fps to 7fps.

Intel i5 2500K
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

i wonder if Codemasters test their games before they release it... we had issues eversince F1 2010, for every freakin' year...

Edit: May this be AMD Radeon problem we're encountering? does this also happen on Nvidia cards? Does F1 2015 use the gameworks stuff from Nvidia? If so this is the second game after Project Cars that turned out to be unplayable with AMD cards...

Lochje said:
Blur93 said:
DanH23 said:

Intel I7 4790K
MSI R9 280x
16Gb RAM
i have also an 4790K
280X
8GB RAm

And there was me thinking my 280x couldnt support a game on 720p Ultra Low  :o ;)

Lochje said:
Blur93 said:
DanH23 said:

Intel I7 4790K
MSI R9 280x
16Gb RAM
i have also an 4790K
280X
8GB RAm

And there was me thinking my 280x couldnt support a game on 720p Ultra Low  :o ;)

It got (intended or not) better after the 7,4MB Patch earlier today, but i still encountered the issue at a 50% race after 28 of 29 laps... now i get to a point where i'm really disappointed...

Also check your grafic card drivers. its probably GPU who fucks it up ive updated my driver and works untill now

Reading this thread with interest. I posted the following on the general forum a few minutes ago and am now wondering if  the problem I am experiencing is game related and nothing to do with my PC spec - what do you think guys - is my quad core processor simply not good enough or is it a game issue ?
"Hi,
my son has bought the game and didn't read the specs required to run it. We have installed it on my PC which has an Intel quad core processor, 8gb ram and a GEOFORCE GTX280 1gb graphic card but even on the lowest possible settings, the game is running at about 1 frame every 5 seconds which obviously makes it totally unplayable. Am I doing something wrong by not selecting a particular setting or is my PC simply not good enough to run the game?
thanks"  

does look like you got the same issues as many. Tried update your game and grafic card drivers already ?

Same here. 
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
2x 780Ti in Surround 5870x1080
16GB RAM
on low I get maybe, MAYBE 50FPS.

And where is the MSAA option? What is this totally sub-standard SMAA/TAA BS guys? 

LiteralZero can we get a statement on thast please. How can you call this next gen if it does not even have the same options as last years title (wee are talking GFX options) - this is bad man. I'd look for another job, because with this type of business model I give your employer maybe 2-5 years to pack up in liquidation. Have a nice day.

Lochje said:
Got a problem here. Game works fine, but when i start the race theres huge FPS drops (around 10fps).
theres no structure in it. It happens when it happens. I can drive a whole race without problems, but i also cant even race for 1km.

Intel i5 2500
ATI 7950OC
8GB ram

anyone?
I have R9 280 and FX320 i can't get 30 fps in 1080p when i played ULTRA +60 fps in F1 2014 

I have the same Problem started a race with fine fps then it drops to 5-10 fps

Intel i7-3770k 3,5GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7950
8 GB RAM
Windows 7   64 Bit

I have these issues and the frame rate drops so low that it is unplayable - however, it is not in all game modes, I have only experienced it in Career and Time Trial so far. Would changing the Anti-Aliasing, Vsync and Anistropic Filtering settings help increase the frame rate? I don't really know what they do in detail so don't what is the best setting to choose for these.

Intel i7-4790K
AMD Radeon R9 270X
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64 bit

TomCur56 said:
I have these issues and the frame rate drops so low that it is unplayable - however, it is not in all game modes, I have only experienced it in Career and Time Trial so far. Would changing the Anti-Aliasing, Vsync and Anistropic Filtering settings help increase the frame rate? 
+1 on this... pretty sure I've only seen it in career so far, never on a quick race. Changing any/all of the graphics settings makes no difference at all for me... I even have a mid-session save where it happens, every time, two corners after the save point. (Also on an AMD R9 series GPU.)

Frame rate was pretty good before the latest patch, the latest patch frame rates are noticeably slower and game play is not as smooth. 

I7 3930
Radeon R9 290
24 GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64 bit

vraev said:
Is this similar to the fps issue you are having?? This is the problem with the game for me.

https://youtu.be/aFLLUFHY7hE
I've passed this over to dev, the video should be really helpful, with all the detail you gave and the on screen counters. So thanks for that.

Hopefully it can be fixed quickly! Apologies for this. 

Lots of fraps drop here too...
Intel 4690K 
Nvidia GTX 560
8GB Ram / 64 bits
I know my PC is not NASA's one but with medium/low settings I can't get more than 30 fps... I can play other actual games almost at highest settings...