F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

What does teammate's acclaim actually do?

Posted (edited)

I've been replaying MyTeam mode over and over to test out different stuff, and just noticed how our teammate's natural ability growth (Not the +) doesn't tide with their acclaim level when they lvl up, the stats just increased on their own over time. Then what's the actual point to level up their acclaim lvl? Is it related to how much acclaim exp they could bring to our team? 

By the way, for those who missed the discussion about training activities, those only temporarily increase teammate's stat (The + stat) for one race, only the ones from facilities will stay until they left (but will apply to your next teammate).

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm only aware by my own team that 2nd driver adds acclaim to the overall team % so higher level means more % added to overall team acclaim which increases overall income and winnings for main sponsor. Also puzzled me that the 2nd driver has a perk table too but no option to upgrade. But I've not tested if the 2nd driver can become the 1st driver and take over the perk and R&D guidance. Curious if this is an area you tested yet? If the other driver can be put into 1st role by outperforming the player if they take all those bonus extras on board. As it is currently for me 2nd driver can help contribute to all areas. They add R&D points in practice sessions and add to team acclaim but the amount or % is much less. Though my first race I did qualify ahead but added parts penalties so started behind, but then finished the race ahead of my team mate but they actually got more acclaim than me. In fact it took me to race 3 to get ahead of my team mates acclaim income %. This could be to do with starting acclaim level though as I didn't pay much attention to that. Assuming the created player starts at zero. I am happy though that my driver Tatiana Calderón is clean and consistent (not fast though) so the income is consistent in rising as her acclaim level grows. I'm definitely going to pay more attention to it now lol I'm all for trying to perfect my team.

Edited by Carystus
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Carystus said:

I'm only aware by my own team that 2nd driver adds acclaim to the overall team % so higher level means more % added to overall team acclaim which increases overall income and winnings for main sponsor. Also puzzled me that the 2nd driver has a perk table too but no option to upgrade. But I've not tested if the 2nd driver can become the 1st driver and take over the perk and R&D guidance. Curious if this is an area you tested yet? If the other driver can be put into 1st role by outperforming the player if they take all those bonus extras on board. As it is currently for me 2nd driver can help contribute to all areas. They add R&D points in practice sessions and add to team acclaim but the amount or % is much less. Though my first race I did qualify ahead but added parts penalties so started behind, but then finished the race ahead of my team mate but they actually got more acclaim than me. In fact it took me to race 3 to get ahead of my team mates acclaim income %. This could be to do with starting acclaim level though as I didn't pay much attention to that. Assuming the created player starts at zero. I am happy though that my driver Tatiana Calderón is clean and consistent (not fast though) so the income is consistent in rising as her acclaim level grows. I'm definitely going to pay more attention to it now lol I'm all for trying to perfect my team.

I haven't test that area yet but I've been planning to assist my teammate to get the world champion once our R&D reaches certain level. Though I doubt the perk table works for them since it includes interview question abilities which I don't think they need it.

Mick just retired randomly from a race where he was 7th place and I was 5th with only 6 laps left, his acclaim decreased a little after that.

• Like 1

Any money given above the contract to the driver contributes to help increase the driver perks. At least as far as I understand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

I've been replaying MyTeam mode over and over to test out different stuff, and just noticed how our teammate's natural ability growth (Not the +) doesn't tide with their acclaim level when they lvl up, the stats just increased on their own over time. Then what's the actual point to level up their acclaim lvl? Is it related to how much acclaim exp they could bring to our team? 

By the way, for those who missed the discussion about training activities, those only temporarily increase teammate's stat (The + stat) for one race, only the ones from facilities will stay until they left (but will apply to your next teammate).

Hello

Yours and your teammates Acclaim are added together to give your team a total, then can be used to unlock more sponsor space etc.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, F1 Car Setup said:

Hello

Yours and your teammates Acclaim are added together to give your team a total, then can be used to unlock more sponsor space etc.

Thanks,

I guess that clears thing up, sounds like the better idea is to just hire new drivers with higher acclaim level than spending precious non-race days to level them up...unless you're dead set into trying to train one specific driver.

I do still need more hints or data to see how their results affect their acclaim gain...atm it seems a bit inconsistent.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1

If we could see acclaim in numbers and how it's broken down it would be the best. As for how it seems to work is related to your performance in relation to the car performance and expected position, maybe rivalries can play a part too

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

I haven't test that area yet but I've been planning to assist my teammate to get the world champion once our R&D reaches certain level. Though I doubt the perk table works for them since it includes interview question abilities which I don't think they need it.

In the Corporate Drivers screen where you browse the list of drivers, you can toggle to show their driver perks - some of the drivers do have one or two level one perks at the start.  The narrator or help seems to indicate that the AI drivers can spend their own money from their contract income to increase their perks - I haven't seen yet if those with perks just keep the same ones at the same level, or if they do change with time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flash42G said:

In the Corporate Drivers screen where you browse the list of drivers, you can toggle to show their driver perks - some of the drivers do have one or two level one perks at the start.  The narrator or help seems to indicate that the AI drivers can spend their own money from their contract income to increase their perks - I haven't seen yet if those with perks just keep the same ones at the same level, or if they do change with time.

Interesting, I haven't got far enough into the career to see that happens, I'm gonna stick with Mick and see how it goes, if he does earn new perks I'll report it back here...it's gonna take a while though, especially how he's not doing all that well at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

Nice info everyone 👍 I'm very interested in all of this. And just suddenly my acclaim %, though states the same number, is suddenly increasing much slower on the bar marker. So a breakdown would really help there for sure. I'm also sticking with my first choice driver. I've got all level 2 2nd driver department unlocked and its really showing in race results. Still no perks showing for her but if they start using their own contract money this would be brilliant! Nearly finished season 2 so see how far I can get with my prize money as I'm on target with all sponsors. But I'm annoyed I still can't choose to offer better or longer contracts. Its still half season only. Wondering if anyone has got different options available to 2nd driver contracts?

You mean at creation? Its randomized the pool which you can select