Jump to content
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Stupid Clare and Jeff comments

Recommended Posts

I'm sick of Clare and Jeff saying me "huuu what's wrong with you, why you hate practice.. even if I go for P1 and P2 full time and I be in it for whole time being and miss P3 they aske me why i have it so much..YH xD 

Another thing is I don't see point in making the track acclimatization programs, it's not giving me much r&d points, i get more for just driving the race and upgrading factory and making good calls at off track things 

Yea..i just wanted to make quick rant about those two unpolite people XD

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried simulating practice sessions but it was too. Ugh of a drop in development points and I got well behind on development.

My main issue with the points is surly the my team mate should be doing the programs as well, I get 500 plus for practice sessions and team mate get 100ish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Off track media etc is simply terrible in this game. It lacks attention to detail and is poorly coded. I qualify 15th, Williams, and the chick is like "bad luck out there today". Mind you, quali was bucketing down rain, yet the interview was in sunshine. (lack of attention to detail). Moreover, in P3, I crashed my car and had to retire after 3 laps, and I get told in the interview "Great work out there today". Like, CM need to overhaul the media system completely. Even Jeff (annoying AF) same voice and exact some instructions and remarks for the past 4 years. Not much has changed at all. Really dry and disappointing. I get it. The gameplay is core, but when the AI and media is trash, whats the point of having good gameplay (on track) You cant have one without the other. Having terrible AI, but good car handling? Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to express my thoughts. By AI, I am talking about how other cars perform on track. I just feel its an area that needs improvement

Edited by creweutah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, creweutah said:

Off track media etc is simply terrible in this game. It lacks attention to detail and is poorly coded. I qualify 15th, Williams, and the chick is like "bad luck out there today". Mind you, quali was bucketing down rain, yet the interview was in sunshine. (lack of attention to detail). Moreover, in P3, I crashed my car and had to retire after 3 laps, and I get told in the interview "Great work out there today". Like, CM need to overhaul the media system completely. Even Jeff (annoying AF) same voice and exact some instructions and remarks for the past 4 years. Not much has changed at all. Really dry and disappointing. I get it. The gameplay is core, but when the AI and media is trash, whats the point of having good gameplay (on track) You cant have one without the other. Having terrible AI, but good car handling? Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to express my thoughts. By AI, I am talking about how other cars perform on track. I just feel its an area that needs improvement

Agree

The interviews have been pretty bad so far, especially when it's stuff not on your favor where they seems to completely missed the mark on what they should ask and how you can answer, it really ruined the immersion when it's all over the place like that. 

May be instead of having cringy interviews that always repeat itself and have the same person to interview you, they should think of implementing something else that does the same effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Agree

The interviews have been pretty bad so far, especially when it's stuff not on your favor where they seems to completely missed the mark on what they should ask and how you can answer, it really ruined the immersion when it's all over the place like that. 

May be instead of having cringy interviews that always repeat itself and have the same person to interview you, they should think of implementing something else that does the same effect. 

Press conference style like they have in AO Tennis now would be better. Obviously a rethink of the questions needed. 

In the end it's like when FIFA brought in media interviews to manager career, at first it's shiny and immersive, until you realise it's as deep as puddle. 

ao-tennis-2-press-conference.jpg

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HATE Jeff. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

I honestly hope they get someone else to voice him next year.

He can be passive aggressive and sarcastic.

And I don't need every practice programme explaining at EVERY RACE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I like Will Buxton,

The Team order question always  comes up.

It's a bit disappointing, but I do love him in the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What’s really annoying for me is Jeff telling you rain is expected in 15 minutes when you are in your last lap of the race!

This is an example of what it is done in this game. Questions and sentences randomly chosen and out of their context.

This is how CM works. Every year, new features and bugs and glitches coming along and rarely fixed.

Very sad because this year the handling is really good and the fight with AI too.

Edited by philappleraily
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

New bugs but recycled audio and cut scenes. It's lazy.

Yep, has been recycled audio now for years. There's simply no excuses from CM. I can appreciate the 19>20 dev cycle, and Im grateful we even had a game released given the tough set of circumstances, but having the same audio now just used again and again for the past 4 years+ is not good enough. Same goes for AI, media, and of course the poor poor radio communications. #SackJeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drunk Jeff

"Box now. We're going to put you on new tyres."

20200730165826_1.thumb.jpg.24f2f0e8617b5deffdf6d7ee967f337c.jpg\

"There is a new strategy available on your MFD"

20200730170324_1.thumb.jpg.8428a13c4e23b230d51d37230dc0b1db.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

 

 

10 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Press conference style like they have in AO Tennis now would be better. Obviously a rethink of the questions needed. 

In the end it's like when FIFA brought in media interviews to manager career, at first it's shiny and immersive, until you realise it's as deep as puddle. 

ao-tennis-2-press-conference.jpg

It would be lovely to see our character for a change. Preferably with a cool suit and color-matching sponsorship logos on it.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished not last in a Williams. 

 

Claire: “Bad luck today, that must be incredibly disappointing.”

 

***** I finished p17 in a Williams. I call that an alright result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff: You have have 2 laps of fuel left. Box soon.

Me: I told you i was boxing this lap/Im in the pit lane/Im in the garage - Turn around and you'll see me!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zon1bzh said:

As much as I like Will Buxton,

The Team order question always  comes up.

It's a bit disappointing, but I do love him in the game.

It is a nice feature to have Will interviewing us at the factory. However, when the team order question comes up, just like Tiametmarduk says, tell him: GET OUT OF MY FACTORY. 
 

Does anyone know what happens if you choose “no comment” to Claire’s questions? Particularly if you do it consistently. Does it affect their approach in the future?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

It is a nice feature to have Will interviewing us at the factory. However, when the team order question comes up, just like Tiametmarduk says, tell him: GET OUT OF MY FACTORY. 
 

Does anyone know what happens if you choose “no comment” to Claire’s questions? Particularly if you do it consistently. Does it affect their approach in the future?

Yes, you will have less pleasant questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, creweutah said:

Off track media etc is simply terrible in this game. It lacks attention to detail and is poorly coded. I qualify 15th, Williams, and the chick is like "bad luck out there today". Mind you, quali was bucketing down rain, yet the interview was in sunshine. (lack of attention to detail).

Williams have qualified very well this year. 15th is bad. Lack of attention to detail.

That rain was a passing shower, interviews conducted after break in the clouds. Lack of attention to detail.

17 hours ago, creweutah said:

Moreover, in P3, I crashed my car and had to retire after 3 laps,

Lack of attention to detail.

17 hours ago, creweutah said:

and I get told in the interview "Great work out there today".

I think sarcastic media is a feature this year 😋

17 hours ago, creweutah said:

Like, CM need to overhaul the media system completely. Even Jeff (annoying AF) same voice and exact some instructions and remarks for the past 4 years.

Have you listened to F1 team radio. It hasn't changed in 20 years.

17 hours ago, creweutah said:

Not much has changed at all. Really dry and disappointing. I get it. The gameplay is core, but when the AI and media is trash, whats the point of having good gameplay (on track) You cant have one without the other. Having terrible AI, but good car handling? Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to express my thoughts. By AI, I am talking about how other cars perform on track. I just feel its an area that needs improvement

On a serious note (thought I might as well start) with next gen consoles having VERY competent CPUs (FINALLY!) perhaps we'll actually see AI improve. The PC version is definitely held back in that regard, the AI could be much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the interviews should have been updated a bit more. I just had a race weekend at Monaco where I had interviews after pratice, quali and race and each time I was asked how I felt about it being my teammate's home race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Regarding Jeff, he is a bit annoying granted. But you can turn down how often he talks to you I believe. But yeah, I know jeff, I've been managing my fuel all race, I'm FULLY aware how many laps I have left!! 

Post practice interview: "You had a few bumps out there, what was the issue?" 

Me: umm, I skipped P3... 

Edited by Rango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clare with her "appreciate your time" comment and little smirk that I've heard so many times for how many years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turtlemoose said:

Clare with her "appreciate your time" comment and little smirk that I've heard so many times for how many years now.

exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, philappleraily said:

What’s really annoying for me is Jeff telling you rain is expected in 15 minutes when you are in your last lap of the race!

This is an example of what it is done in this game. Questions and sentences randomly chosen and out of their context.

This is how CM works. Every year, new features and bugs and glitches coming along and rarely fixed.

Very sad because this year the handling is really good and the fight with AI too.

Also to be told rain in 10 minutes then 10 minutes later to be told expect rain in 15 minutes lol, radar real teams have sometimes gets it wrong but not as often as game and why before race forecast will tell you rain in last quarter of race and it rains in first quarter( this been going on since at least 2018 edition) and happen for just about every wet weather race for rain been early..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChristianAnsell said:

Also to be told rain in 10 minutes then 10 minutes later to be told expect rain in 15 minutes lol, radar real teams have sometimes gets it wrong but not as often as game and why before race forecast will tell you rain in last quarter of race and it rains in first quarter( this been going on since at least 2018 edition) and happen for just about every wet weather race for rain been early..

Was told last night that rain was expected in 10 minutes, there were 3 minutes left in the quali session.. Thanks jeff I'll make sure to remember my umbrella 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to the game and quite like Clares' Scottish burr. I'm ok with the surly looking cameraman too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×