F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

How do you qualify?

47 minutes ago, TheCroc84 said:

Yeah i pretty do real in and out laps (which also gives you 1/2% less usage on tyres if done properly) and only fast forward when no ones on a flying lap.  I always try to be on a run at the end of sessions too to avoid everything being simulated at the very end.  Bit annoying but the sim times aren't accurate enough compared to them running the session normally. 

Same here! Also when doing a real out lap you can try and time your run to not hit traffic or try and get a tow on a long straight . The amount of times I pressed flying lap and it put me in traffic is ridiculous so I don't bother anymore with that. 

• Like 1

Thinking aloud, one idea would be instead of having a scripted performance... thing, there is instead a system that calculates performance from the AI performance files, and that data is then applied to whatever upgrades each team has. This could be done while loading a weekend. Would probably only take 10 seconds maximum to process.

• Agree 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Ukbordoy said:

Just remember when using fast forward or the return to garage button in pause menu that the AI will qualify faster then they would have done otherwise as the game is guessing there time as opposed to then actually setting a time. I only fast forward when AI are on out laps or in laps, if any on fast lap I dont fast forward (you can tell this form one of the screens when you are on pits).

Yeah, I heard about this a few times.

But I can live with that. I am already in a weird postition. My Car in MyTeam at this point is way OP compard to the others. Yet I struggle to beat my teammate (Schumacher). He is basically at the same speed and sometimes even a few hundreds of a sec faster (in paractice at least) The rest is mostly a sceond off. So I don't mind the little nerf.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, Rango said:

I have always done one shot for quali on career in F1, but this year I've gone from this, to short, to full quali sessions. Yeah it takes longer but I'm enjoying the whole thing of will I make it into Q2/Q3 etc. Currently on 80 ai (think that's my limit until the car improves!) with only abs and pit assists (G920 wheel). 

I generally do short quali if car not good enough for top ten but of have time and it's a track I like I do full quali mainly cause I've noticed if do short quali the A1 all start on same tyre . But when do full quali some times the A1 start on different tyres . It's the one thing that annoys the most the A1 always start on same tyre . I mean how hard can it be for codies to add some variables to the game . Like the top teams do quali 2 on the medium tyre I'd have pace