F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

How do you qualify?

I have always done one shot for quali on career in F1, but this year I've gone from this, to short, to full quali sessions. Yeah it takes longer but I'm enjoying the whole thing of will I make it into Q2/Q3 etc. Currently on 80 ai (think that's my limit until the car improves!) with only abs and pit assists (G920 wheel). 

I always do full, think it's a great system, really entertaining. 

In game and real life. 

I remember old qualy when noone go out for 50 minutes and camera look at scenery. 

This way much better!

• Like 1

Short Qualifying for me.

Garage > Flying Lap

Set a time, and then try and best it on the second lap before returning to Garage.

Swap tyres, repeat process.

For final run, take all the fuel out, swap tyres and go for one flat-out attempt.

• Like 1

Full qualy, with running depending of the team:

Weak team:

Q1 - wait 2min, do outlap and 1 fast lap, wait until 2-3 min until the end and go out again

Q2 - do one fast lap at start, if around 11th do another in last min, if not that's it

Q3 - one lap, whatever I get valid or not, don't know how I got there anyway :classic_biggrin:

Middle team:

Q1 - same as Q1 above

Q2 - same as Q1

Q3 - same as Q1

Top team:

Q1 - wait for first wave to go in pit, then drive one lap

Q2 - same as Q2 above

Q3 - same as Q2

• Like 1

Short quali > flying lap > go to garage > ffwd > click flying lap > remember to swap tyres > click flying lap again > set final lap time > get out qualified by my rival > makes a sad face

• Haha 2

Usually I’ll do full Qualifying while doing full outlaps and in laps. But sometimes I can’t be bothered and I’ll just do Short Qualifying and use the “flying lap” and “return to garage” options. Really depends on how I’m feeling I guess. 

Always full Quali, drive inlap and outlap and wait all the time. I find it really entertaining, but it takes a bit of time.

top team:

Q1 - hot lap at the beginning of session... hot lap at the end of the session if need it

Q2 - hot lap at the beginning of session on the Q1 tyres, hot lap at the end of session on fresh tyres (soft) OR fresh medium at the beginning (1 try)

Q3 - hot lap at the beginning of session on the Q1 tyres, hot lap at the end of session on fresh Q3 tyres

Currently just one shot while I'm learning but I think I'd probably do full qualifying when I get round to doing a career mode.

I do full qualifying, with out and inlaps done too! usually I FFW the rest of the qualifying, but in MyTeam usually I observer my teammate and some rivals for a time