F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Classic F1 Season 2000

I once went to play a classic car championship, but I was disappointed. I would like to play a championship with cars from the same season and with all the drivers of the season. Maybe a grid with F1 2000 or F1 2005 or 2006 etc. I would not ask for the circuits of the time, it would be asking a lot I know.

And you, what do you think of that? Do you think that would be a good idea?
Would it be possible for Codemasters to do a classic season?

I mean, to be fair to CM, that's basically a new game in itself, I however would be very interested in something like this as a paid DLC instead of podium pass stuff.

• Agree 3

Whilst this would be great I believe Codemasters would have to individually licence each team and driver and the amount of work involved is unlikely to be paid back in additional sales. People are interested in and would be willing to pay to drive iconic classic cars, but how many people would pay extra to drive a 2000 Minardi?

• Agree 4

@hobsgrg is spot on as far as I know. The licenses are basically limited copyright for a limited number os usages (i.e. games) and everything current season, from cars to drivers and circuits, seems to be negotiated in a bundle with FOM. Reintroducing Hockenheim for instance is not a two-clicks job. I mean, technically it could be, but before that it is a hours long back and forth negotiations with multiple licensor and making sure the usage of one IP won't breach the terms the licensee got on the usage of another IP + money job. 

Personally I'd love more cars from the KERS and the V8 era as they all look, sound and perform awesome.

• Agree 1

I would drive that 2000 Minardi...what a lovely idea for myteam

• Agree 1