F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

MyTeam contract renewal

Hello,

I just noticed, after spending almost all my money on department upgrades, that my second driver's contract is due to expire next week. I will not have enough money by then, what will happen? Will I be able to go ahead on a negative balance?

• Agree 1

I think a reserve driver steps up to the seat. Never saw it happened and I assume it's a fictional character.

And a bad one. The game actually says that, warning you to be wise on the finances side of things as reserve drivers perform poorly.

There was another post about this, and as a result I actually paid attention to the data that comes up when you're at HQ.  It shows that your team mate's contract is up on July 6th (for me), which at the time gave me 8 weeks to save the money for a new driver.

Most people don't necessarily see that information, and it's a nasty sticker-shock when you get the news with no warning.

Maybe add something to remind the player that a new driver will be needed in X weeks, so might want to consider saving for that.

10 hours ago, nuNceP said:

Hello,

I just noticed, after spending almost all my money on department upgrades, that my second driver's contract is due to expire next week. I will not have enough money by then, what will happen? Will I be able to go ahead on a negative balance?

12 hours ago, DrDraken said:

There was another post about this, and as a result I actually paid attention to the data that comes up when you're at HQ.  It shows that your team mate's contract is up on July 6th (for me), which at the time gave me 8 weeks to save the money for a new driver.

Most people don't necessarily see that information, and it's a nasty sticker-shock when you get the news with no warning.

Maybe add something to remind the player that a new driver will be needed in X weeks, so might want to consider saving for that.

What is missing is a business advisor. You get warnings that you don't have enough money to pay your second driver but the business side can be so overwhelming you forget to do stuff. The business side of MyTeam works well except for the fact that you can't go bankrupt. But when you step into the business side of MyTeam you are left on your own whilst no one ever has managed an F1 team this way.

There is some basic help but a lot of game mechanics are not well explained. I hope they really polish out My Team. Because it's a mess, but a beautiful mess. I read about people who can't even get their second driver te renew their contracts whilst it's actually obvious what you should do to retain them but it is only clear how to do that once you finished negotiations.

• Like 1

Well, if was given the chance to have save games in the office that would have helped. Unfortunately, once I clicked on that second upgrade I wasn't able to revert it, even though it was just commisioned and the delivery will be next week. It would have been enough to have the possibility to undo the upgrade request and get back the money, heh sucks big time.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Ok so straight away. Crashes out in Bahrain gets -$30k in damage. Crashes out in Hanoi gets -$10k in damage. WTAF!! should surely be higher in damages if you crash out 1st off and then be consistent.

EDIT: now I've watched the whole video, it confirms my suspicions that there's no real need to watch what you are spending. Get money, invest it all and don't worry about any negative cashflow. Yes you may not be able to invest anything until you start getting a positive cashflow BUT I'm sure your acclaim continues to increase and so you can attract more sponsors offering more money so there's your positive cashflow sorted.

That's actually quite poor and makes the mode too easy to get up the rankings with no real risk of stagnating at the bottom IMO. A blip on a very good mode and hope that sort that and iron it out. I'm putting it down to being their 1st try at this mode so will give some slack but needs to be improved either later on in this game development in patches or for the next game.

Edited by martbloke