F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Ditch Hanoi bring back hockenheimring

Before I bought the game I watched few videos of people driving Hanoi and thought maybe it ain't to bad but after buying the game and driving 30 plus tt laps around it I have to agree with the majority it is a shocking race track sector 3 is kind of half decent flow etc but first 2 sector are hideous I can see why zandervort was brought in fun track to drive probably dull races but will generate money with verstappen fans but Hanoi will be dull and is a absolute grind to drive whilst hockenheimring was a great track to drive baffles me the logic of dropping hockenheimring ring for this track and also the designer of this track needs to give his head a shake as he has royaly ****** up with this 1 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Zandvoort is really fun and this may shock you (sarcasm), but Tilke didn't touch any of it.

Seems like older our Hermann boy gets, worse designs he comes up with.

• Thanks 2

That is what happens when you give one man the power to design circuits and the F1 is so political.

Totally agree with you.

Thanks CM (and COVID) to have the opportunity to have a 16 (or 10) calendar races. I can get rid of Hanoi, Singapore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

For a moment I thought people would actually be readying their pitchforks to demand Codemasters to switch those two around 😅

Coincidentally I just did Hanoi again yesterday. My second time on it, My Team season 2. I may be feverish but I actually had a blast on it. The first few turns were a challenge until I got the groove right and went on to enjoy them. Sectors 2 and 3 ranged from a blandish ok to "heh, that's nice". Overall I'm finding it a good track to race against 2-4 cars, but a pain in the ass if you find traffic. Trains in Hanoi are not conductive to good racing at all. 

As it stands, I'm liking it better than Azerbaijan and even Spain.

Did not expect it at all. Even more so being a pad player.  

• Agree 2

Still haven't raced Hanoi yet as have been playing F2 and only just about to start an F1 season but yeah you's are really selling it to me guys :classic_laugh:

Can't be that bad surely?!??!

Gutted to lose Hockenheim, one of my favourite circuits to drive though absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Still haven't raced Hanoi yet as have been playing F2 and only just about to start an F1 season but yeah you's are really selling it to me guys :classic_laugh:

Gutted to lose Hockenheim, one of my favourite circuits to drive though absolutely. 

I'm a huge fan of real F1 races at Hockenheim, but as much as I like it, I didn't enjoy driving it. Especially Sector 3.  So narrow.  But that being said yeah... as much as you liked it I probably disliked it and I still prefer it over Hanoi.

• Haha 1

@petro1319 the thing with Hockenheim for me is that Sector 3 as well. It's a blast of a circuit everywhere else, even the hairpins are a joy. But for the life of me I could not help but to get frustrated at turns 14 to 16. I have improved since than and I may enjoy it way more with a wheel, but my past experiences with it ever since I cranked up the difficulty were not healthy.

7 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Before I bought the game I watched few videos of people driving Hanoi and thought maybe it ain't to bad but after buying the game and driving 30 plus tt laps around it I have to agree with the majority it is a shocking race track sector 3 is kind of half decent flow etc but first 2 sector are hideous I can see why zandervort was brought in fun track to drive probably dull races but will generate money with verstappen fans but Hanoi will be dull and is a absolute grind to drive whilst hockenheimring was a great track to drive baffles me the logic of dropping hockenheimring ring for this track and also the designer of this track needs to give his head a shake as he has royaly ****** up with this 1 

It seems rather harsh to decide a track is rubbish before you've even tried a race on it? I'd also be very interested to see a real F1 race on the track.

Whatever, I've read there is a 10 year contract for Hanoi to be on the F1 calendar so I wouldn't expect it to be disappearing any time soon :classic_smile:.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

I love the F2 and the sound of the F2 cars! 

I find it strange that Hockenheim is mentioned in the UDP data of the game..

See here:

Track

Melbourne

Paul Ricard

Shanghai

Sakhir (Bahrain)

Catalunya

Monaco

Montreal

Silverstone

Hockenheim

Hungaroring

Spa

Monza

Singapore

Suzuka

Abu Dhabi

Texas

Brazil

Austria

Sochi

Mexico

Baku (Azerbaijan)

Sakhir Short

Silverstone Short

Texas Short

Suzuka Short

Hanoi

Zandvoort

Edited by GioProductions
info

5 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

It’s not that bad, but you need to be patient when driving in Hanoi, especially if you are a pad player. Also, be careful with the kerbs, some can just spin you out, while others will be sending you flying.. 

Posted (edited)

Hated Hanoi at first, but did the full weekend during my team at 50% and eventually managed to figure out a setup to suit and got into a rhythm. After that it was quite fun and the race was a blast, even if AI Grosjean squeezed me into the wall in the DRS zone heading towards the hair pin ruining my front wing.

As a circuit it does lack character due to all the concrete and fencing, but I prefer it over Singapore.

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Like 2

Sector three of Hanoi is good with a decent rhythm. I was glad it rained as I kept with the AI around me. 

The roundabouts are a pain on a pad just got to be super patient. Don’t take the kerb on the left at the first roundabout as it slows you. 

The pit exit is atrocious and saw the AI crash in one another there. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HDR10 said:

I love Hanoi.

Used to hate Hanoi, but after I started playing some bgm from the Cyber Formula anime (Devil's Heaven) while I'm chasing down someone, that narrow but super-long straight became my favorite section lol.

It fits very well when you're trying so hard to narrowly gets beside them or defending their DRS+ERS boost before entering the hairpin, overflowing with adrenaline and emotions, especially when you have a slower car. 

Edited by DRTApophis

17 hours ago, Naxlr said:

baffles me the logic of dropping hockenheimring ring for this track and also the designer of this track needs to give his head a shake as he has royaly ****** up with this 1 

but the logic is pretty simple. before corona took over, hanoi was a f1 track and hockenheimring was out of f1.

4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

but the logic is pretty simple. before corona took over, hanoi was a f1 track and hockenheimring was out of f1.

Presumably @Naxlr was referring to the logic in the real world? Which presumably came down to a mix of money and wanting increase the spread of countries around the world hosting F1 races.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Presumably @Naxlr was referring to the logic in the real world? Which presumably came down to a mix of money and wanting increase the spread of countries around the world hosting F1 races.

but that would makes no sense.
We never saw real f1 cars on hanoi track, so nobody can tell how bad this track really is.

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

but that would makes no sense.
We never saw real f1 cars on hanoi track, so nobody can tell how bad this track really is.

Nor has @Naxlr raced on it apparently.

It's quite a fun track, sometimes it can be annoying, but the three times I raced there a full race weekend, I had a blast, setting up the overtakes and battling alround. I do have to concur with our friend about the vision of the track, so devoid of life with all the gray, specially in the rain (does it rain that much in Hanoi?)

54 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

does it rain that much in Hanoi?

In the real world? My bet was yes, and the top Google result suggests so at 144 days per year. 

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

In the real world? My bet was yes, and the top Google result suggests so at 144 days per year. 

It is very well depicted in the game then 😂, I had many sessions in the rain

On 7/31/2020 at 8:25 PM, philappleraily said:

That is what happens when you give one man the power to design circuits and the F1 is so political.

Totally agree with you.

Thanks CM (and COVID) to have the opportunity to have a 16 (or 10) calendar races. I can get rid of Hanoi, Singapore.

I hate singapore. I get so bored driving it, I can only do about 4 laps before I just don't feel like playing the game anymore.