F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Replacing ICE issue.

Hi,

Can someone tell  me if this is a bug or did I just miss something? My ICE was getting close to failure in practice 2 and so I did two of the team requirements and had two laps of life left in the ICE. So I clicked on the icon for the second one and it showed a time to completion of the work. The work was completed two minutes before end of the practice 2 so I didn't go out again. However, when I started practice 3 it was still showing me as using ICE 1 with 2 laps of life left and the number 2 ICE was showing as pending. Seriously, ***? Possible for them to fit it between sessions, let alone it still not be done by the next day.

Thanks if you can point out if I did something wrong, or if it is a bug as right now I can't go out at all in practice 3 or my engine will just blow up.

• Thanks 1

You have to do at least 1 install lap otherwise it wont switch to a new ICE. 

Posted (edited)

By design and it's that way to emulate FIA rules.

There's a transponder in place that beeps the marshals whenever a car leaves the garage. The FIA only considers a part installed on a car once it leaves the garage with it. That's why you'll have the Pending tag on your screen for as long as you take to go out on a run with it, even though that given part is already fitted in place for a while now.

Edit: In a nutshell, don't worry, it is there.

Edited by marioho
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Glad it is just that. I didn't want to go out and blow up before finding out. Confused me due to it showing the near dead engine still fitted.

That said, the whole engine thing is a bit odd in team mode. You buy a manufacturer engine and then have to build faculties and upgrade the engine yourself. Still adds to the game content I guess. 🙂

You will find the engine manufacturer themselves provide upgrades as well, without cost, although that will also add additional upgrade options in the R&D tree. 

19 hours ago, amazingblaze said:

You will find the engine manufacturer themselves provide upgrades as well, without cost, although that will also add additional upgrade options in the R&D tree. 

Renault did such a good job handing me upgrades, I decided to stick with them for season 2 and even added some yellow accents to my paint scheme, making them my official engine supplier lol.

• Haha 1