Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Stuck in gear, tyres lock and wheel spin.

Please see below my issues I had today @ Barcelona. Not sure if this is a bug or your idea of mechanical failure, but it happened twice. Details below & video. @BarryBL

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. I had 2 of the same issue in my recent my team race at Barcelona - I go down to 2nd gear and then try to then go up the gears but my car tyres lock, I get wheel spin and I can't go up gears. So odd.

2.       Platform - Playstation 4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.06
4.       Game-mode? - My Team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. - 
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - I quickly went up the gears, slowly, but surely the car regains power. It happened again, later in the race, by which time I decided to retire as I was now plum last.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) - Logitech Driving Force G29 wheel and pedals
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. - video is 28 seconds - happens right away. 

3 hours ago, adamgbr44 said:

Please see below my issues I had today @ Barcelona. Not sure if this is a bug or your idea of mechanical failure, but it happened twice. Details below & video. @BarryBL

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. I had 2 of the same issue in my recent my team race at Barcelona - I go down to 2nd gear and then try to then go up the gears but my car tyres lock, I get wheel spin and I can't go up gears. So odd.

2.       Platform - Playstation 4
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.06
4.       Game-mode? - My Team
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. - 
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - I quickly went up the gears, slowly, but surely the car regains power. It happened again, later in the race, by which time I decided to retire as I was now plum last.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) - Logitech Driving Force G29 wheel and pedals
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. - video is 28 seconds - happens right away. 

It also happened on multiplayer online - I don't think its just me? Car loses power in 8th gear and decreases in speed also... I can barely reach 130kph at times... so annoying

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Did the car status graphic show any damage? My guess is it would have...

No, that’s what was odd - No damage on any components - tyres lost about 3% extra wear. Its happened twice. I even lose power on the straights in 8th gear (speed decreases)

2 hours ago, adamgbr44 said:

No, that’s what was odd - No damage on any components - tyres lost about 3% extra wear. Its happened twice. I even lose power on the straights in 8th gear (speed decreases)

Which sounds like the engine may have been overheating but as above it should be shown in the car graphic. Were you running rich fuel mix much? Or following another car fairly closely?

It's possible the bug here is with car faults not being indicated correctly.

12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Which sounds like the engine may have been overheating but as above it should be shown in the car graphic. Were you running rich fuel mix much? Or following another car fairly closely?

It's possible the bug here is with car faults not being indicated correctly.

I was -1.3l of fuel & was in Lean mix - I was defending position - so odd. Let’s see if it happens again in future races. Never happened in previous games before so assumed it was a bug. I have also seen people complain of loss of power and can’t exceed 125kph on a straight.

Well, If it’s a in-game feature, then, well, I’ll have to deal with it! Mechanical failure then. 😂