F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Career Practice Programs

This has been bugging me for a while now and I can't find a good answer.  

I've been having problems with the career mode practice programs for a while.  At first I thought it was because I had my difficulty set too high, so I lowered it.  I completed the practice programs successfully but when qualifying and the race came around, Williams easily made it to the qualifying shootout and was able to get a podium in the first weekend. 

So my question is this:  Are lower tier teams supposed to have difficulty completing the practice programs or am I the Allen Iverson of F1?

Posted (edited)

What your team, Williams?

Edited by EduCalza

As far as I understand it, no you are not supposed to be getting max points from your practice programs at the start. 

This seems to be why people are finding season 2 onwards too easy and complaining the progress is too fast tbh. 

but, give people targets to hit and they are gonna make that their new obsession, it is the way lol. 

We all could do with a little clarifying here. Seems to be that in principle some programmes should be easier to purple as you develop your car while others should scale so that purpling would keep being the same level of challenge.

Tyre Wear programme compares your performance against that that is expected from an ordinary AI course of the track. Thus it should be an easier target to got once you get your tyre wear upgrades under the Chassis department.

Qualifying Pace however should scale so that purpling it requires the same top driving quality from you, since your target is the grid position expected for your team given your position on the Performance chart. I see little reason for it becoming easier on later seasons as any and all progress on the R&D side are factored in the performance assessment.

The oddball here is the Track Acclimatization programme. Your score is based on two factors only, Speed when crossing the gate and positioning of your car when doing so. The speed must fall in the expected window for that point in the track and is a real thing, there is this sort of data easily available on Google for every track. The positioning of your car assesses the direction of your nose and your latitudinal position all relatively to the gate. And there are three gates per turn, one for corner entry, one for the apex and one for corner exit. So does the purpling of the programme become easier as you progress? Could be but I don't think it should. However faster your R&D may make the car (speed factor), you still need to drive with the same ability to hit the gates with the right positioning to get a perfect score.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, marioho said:

We all could do with a little clarifying here. Seems to be that in principle some programmes should be easier to purple as you develop your car while others should scale so that purpling would keep being the same level of challenge.

Tyre Wear programme compares your performance against that that is expected from an ordinary AI course of the track. Thus it should be an easier target to got once you get your tyre wear upgrades under the Chassis department.

Qualifying Pace however should scale so that purpling it requires the same top driving quality from you, since your target is the grid position expected for your team given your position on the Performance chart. I see little reason for it becoming easier on later seasons as any and all progress on the R&D side are factored in the performance assessment.

The oddball here is the Track Acclimatization programme. Your score is based on two factors only, Speed when crossing the gate and positioning of your car when doing so. The speed must fall in the expected window for that point in the track and is a real thing, there is this sort of data easily available on Google for every track. The positioning of your car assesses the direction of your nose and your latitudinal position all relatively to the gate. And there are three gates per turn, one for corner entry, one for the apex and one for corner exit. So does the purpling of the programme become easier as you progress? Could be but I don't think it should. However faster your R&D may make the car (speed factor), you still need to drive with the same ability to hit the gates with the right positioning to get a perfect score.

Track acclimation becomes much easier as your car improves, because your grip improves so you can brake later, and get on the throttle sooner.