F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Curiosity has the better of me

Ok, don’t take this the wrong way, it’s a simple question.

I have a perfectly running game on my pc, I get that PS & Xbox will be different. How do people have a pc problem? How do you get a problem but not me? I have played since early release and not had one bug? I’m just curious not saying that anyone is making stuff up. I even got put coins etc straight away?? 

Well it's simply that many bugs are caused by loads of different things interfering with each other. Such as even having an old USB gamepad driver could probably cause a crash. Then sometimes you have bugs in which you have to have specific settings with specific actions in order to have that issue happen.

The pitcoins were an Xbox and PS4 (America) only issue to some extent at least. You can check the thread here.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well it's simply that many bugs are caused by loads of different things interfering with each other. Such as even having an old USB gamepad driver could probably cause a crash. Then sometimes you have bugs in which you have to have specific settings with specific actions in order to have that issue happen.

The pitcoins were an Xbox and PS4 (America) only issue to some extent at least. You can check the thread here.

Random question but wondered how much having the report codes helped with identifying bugs? I know in F1 2019 the codes were left viewable in the retail game from the pause screen but aren’t in F1 2020.  Just curiosity more than anything else. 

1 hour ago, Maffoom007 said:

Ok, don’t take this the wrong way, it’s a simple question.

I have a perfectly running game on my pc, I get that PS & Xbox will be different. How do people have a pc problem? How do you get a problem but not me? I have played since early release and not had one bug? I’m just curious not saying that anyone is making stuff up. I even got put coins etc straight away?? 

You must be using that fancy PC version 2.0. 

PCs have a lot of different parts in them from chip sets, ram speed, video cards etc. So it was normal to have issues for some and not others as it was impossible to predict all the permutations.

xbox and PS for me is more confusing sice they are more standardized in their components (although controllers differ)

11 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

You must be using that fancy PC version 2.0. 

Look I don’t have anything fancy, but I also don’t play online. I brought it from steam directly so maybe this is why?

4 hours ago, Aef251 said:

PCs have a lot of different parts in them from chip sets, ram speed, video cards etc. So it was normal to have issues for some and not others as it was impossible to predict all the permutations.

And don't forget: The drivers of the steering wheel should be up to date. I have been looking for a solution for micro stutter (Lags) in F1 2019 for a long time, and only when I accidentally increased the force feedback did I realize that my steering wheel was the problem all the time. I had no problems with the steering, but the force feedback messed something up. After I updated the driver the lags were gone.