Jump to content Jump to content

Ai photo finish not right

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

I just finished a 50% Grand Prix at Silverstone where I finished 1st, behind me Bottas and Hamilton where battling throughout the last few corners with Hamilton getting 2nd with a 0.005 difference but when looking at the replay Bottas actually finished ahead of Hamilton.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

Xbox One X 1.06

3.       Game-mode?

Grand Prix

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

Not really as it doesn't happen often the Ai finishes that close to each other, even Ai - player doesn't happen much either.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

Only had this happen once for now.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

None.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Xbox One S Controller.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Yes. I know they are dark but that's because I take screenshots on my Xbox, then open the companion app on my laptop, take a screenshot and cut it. Don't know how to change that, still think it's visible enough though.

2020-08-02 (1).png

2020-08-02 (2).png

2020-08-02.png

In this game the timekeeping is not triggered exact at the front of the car as you can notice when you are looking at the time on your wheel (cocpit camera) during a repetition. So maybe Hamilton got a little gap when the middle of the cars were passing the line (this is where usually the timekeeping is triggered).

But you are right and of course in reality Bottas would have gotten 2nd place. But i´m afraid that this is not technically possible to convert 100% in this game.

9 minutes ago, Davidj7077 said:

In this game the timekeeping is not triggered exact at the front of the car as you can notice when you are looking at the time on your wheel (cocpit camera) during a repetition. So maybe Hamilton got a little gap when the middle of the cars were passing the line (this is where usually the timekeeping is triggered).

But you are right and of course in reality Bottas would have gotten 2nd place. But i´m afraid that this is not technically possible to convert 100% in this game.

I understand what you're saying but as you can see Bottas is further ahead of Hamilton on the finish line than a little before that on the other screenshot as he had more speed coming out of the corner and Bottas was just fully ahead crossing the line like you said in the middle of the car I just don't have proof of that.

I think the issue is probably that you finished before them. I believe once you finish the rest of the results are simulated, similar to qualifying. Maybe because this is so close, the simulation assumed that Hamilton would finish second.

25 minutes ago, SASColfer said:

I think the issue is probably that you finished before them. I believe once you finish the rest of the results are simulated, similar to qualifying. Maybe because this is so close, the simulation assumed that Hamilton would finish second.

Could be but shouldn't be in my opinion.

Archived