Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Pit limiter bug

1.       On entering pits, with the limiter on and under the pit speed the speed pulses above the limiter speed if in 3rd gear. Works fine in 2nd gear. Also seem to get no acceleration at all unless in very low gears, seems very different behavior to last year but defo results in unfair 5s penalties when you have slowed and applied limiter. I have reproduced the fault on 3 track (Australia, Russia, Italy) video of Australia below showing full issue. 

2.       Xbox
3.       1.6
4.       All modes but shown in gp
5.       All tracks easy to do. Pit and apply pit limiter, slow down and move to 3rd gear, speed up to limit speed and see it pulse over repeatedly. If doesn't happen in 3rd gear up. 
6.       Shifting down another gear seems to fix it. 
7.       Pad
8.      https://xboxclips.co/crob203/f6fa33b8-e655-4f7f-8115-ee896c278895

Why on Earth do you enter the pits in third gear? The revs drop so low, the engine's close to idling, that's what causes those issues! Switch down to second gear, and everything should work nicely!

2 minutes ago, ostendorfjens said:

Why on Earth do you enter the pits in third gear? The revs drop so low, the engine's close to idling, that's what causes those issues! Switch down to second gear, and everything should work nicely!

Kind of missing the point there.... 

• Agree 1

I don't think so. I know what you're trying to say, but look at it this way: No Formula One driver would ever enter the pits in third gear! The revs just drop way too low! In real life, the cars would threaten to go into anti-stall if you drive along at these low speeds in such a high gear. That's exactly what's happening to you here. The car cannot go any slower in third gear, otherwise the anti-stall would kick in.

Stick with second gear, the problem is solved!

To make a long story short, I really don't think this is a bug, more of what would happen in real life!

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done!

1 hour ago, crob203 said:

1.       On entering pits, with the limiter on and under the pit speed the speed pulses above the limiter speed if in 3rd gear. Works fine in 2nd gear. Also seem to get no acceleration at all unless in very low gears, seems very different behavior to last year but defo results in unfair 5s penalties when you have slowed and applied limiter. I have reproduced the fault on 3 track (Australia, Russia, Italy) video of Australia below showing full issue. 

2.       Xbox
3.       1.6
4.       All modes but shown in gp
5.       All tracks easy to do. Pit and apply pit limiter, slow down and move to 3rd gear, speed up to limit speed and see it pulse over repeatedly. If doesn't happen in 3rd gear up. 
6.       Shifting down another gear seems to fix it. 
7.       Pad
8.      https://xboxclips.co/crob203/f6fa33b8-e655-4f7f-8115-ee896c278895

I've just watched the video and I don't think this is a bug. I believe the pit limiter is for after you've crossed the limit line to prevent you going back up over the speed limit, but the issue in the video is that you were going too fast when you got to the line where the speed limit starts.

Edited by Ultra3142

you've never driven a car with a manual transmission, have you? you need the right speed in every gear. this is not a bug, it's just close to reality

6 minutes ago, zombie82 said:

you've never driven a car with a manual transmission, have you? you need the right speed in every gear. this is not a bug, it's just close to reality

I'll try to ignore your irrelevant point about manual gears (been driving them for 19 years) as no road car has a pit limiter... And focus on ;if I had a car that had a feature that stopped it going over a certain speed and it went over that speed when the feature was on, that is a bug unless codies are going to come in here and say it's an anti stall feature for 2020 (it didn't do it last year). Gear should make no difference to this feature, as it is based on a control by wire closed loop feedback system (read basic digital control laws). I think the game has a minor issue but let's wait for the devs to input rather than throw in mostly uneducated and unproductive comments. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, crob203 said:

I'll try to ignore your irrelevant point about manual gears (been driving them for 19 years) as no road car has a pit limiter... And focus on ;if I had a car that had a feature that stopped it going over a certain speed and it went over that speed when the feature was on, that is a bug unless codies are going to come in here and say it's an anti stall feature for 2020 (it didn't do it last year). Gear should make no difference to this feature, as it is based on a control by wire closed loop feedback system (read basic digital control laws). I think the game has a minor issue but let's wait for the devs to input rather than throw in mostly uneducated and unproductive comments. 

Did you read my post?

You're right about this having nothing to do with the gear you're in though.

Given the fact that the stuff that's shown in the video is exactly what would happen under similar circumstances in real life, I'm certain that this is not a bug.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:03 PM, crob203 said:

You can't drive a F1 car in 3rd gear at 50 or 80kph. Those that say anti-stall would kick in are almost certainly correct.

10 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You can't drive a F1 car in 3rd gear at 50 or 80kph. Those that say anti-stall would kick in are almost certainly correct.

In the game you can actually move off from a dead stop in 8th gear though :classic_biggrin:. The 'issue' described by the OP has nothing to do with gears and personally I'm pretty confident that the pit limiter feature is behaving exactly as expected.

Edited by Ultra3142