Sign in to follow this  

New helmet models

Hello, I am writing because I have helmet suggestions to add new helmet models such as Stilo, Bell, Schuberth to the career so that everyone can choose their style. Not immediately, but one for each update as those old arai are already bored.

Edited by taikun22
correct the tex

yeah it would be nice to pick the brand of helmet but depends if they can get licences to use their helmets where people will be able to customise them i guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It would be a great flavor that would also attract a lot of attention. And I hope the creators will listen to us and do their best to add them.

Edited by taikun22
Correct

On 8/2/2020 at 5:51 PM, Nightfire1964 said:

yeah it would be nice to pick the brand of helmet but depends if they can get licences to use their helmets where people will be able to customise them i guess.

I often wondered why Codemasters would have to pay a company like Bell to use their helmets in the game, when it's free advertising for Bell.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?  🤣

On 8/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, DrDraken said:

I often wondered why Codemasters would have to pay a company like Bell to use their helmets in the game, when it's free advertising for Bell.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?  🤣

You're right:D

Like any business deal, there would have to be some sort of negotiations between the various parties. Although, in theory, it would provide advertising and a platform to companies, it wouldn't necessarily be that simple. Without knowing too much about this (I'm more commenting on my sales history pre-CM), all companies will have different demands, requirements, limitations etc

On 20.08.2020 at 15:28, BarryBL said:

Jak w przypadku każdej umowy biznesowej, musiałyby istnieć jakieś negocjacje między różnymi stronami. Chociaż teoretycznie zapewniłoby to reklamę i platformę dla firm, niekoniecznie byłoby to takie proste. Nie wiedząc zbyt wiele na ten temat (bardziej komentuję moją historię sprzedaży przed CM), wszystkie firmy będą miały różne wymagania, wymagania, ograniczenia itp.

I understand, but it would enrich the game and give so many companies a high level of advertising. Let's add that it is also F1. Company details will become more popular. So it would be nice if you give it a try. 🙂 

Yeah, other models would be really cool. But what bothers me is the actual designs of the helmet. Most look really silly if you compare them to real life drivers. Even the designs look silly compared to what racing drivers generally wear. The addition of sponsors and logo in MyTeam has been an improvement, but then the negative aspect of that is that they have the same colors as they have on the livery, which might look really ugly on your helmet design/color scheme.

Also, they got rid of some of the better models (IMO) they had in previous games such as 'Slashes', 'Racing Line', 'Chicane' and 'Wild Thing' (my fav). A few of the special additions are an improvement, but in general I find the helmets to be severly lacking compared to a lot of other features in the game. It would be cool to have personal sponsors in Career mode (same as in MyTeam) and add them to your helmet, as the helmets look very empty now compared to what you have in MyTeam. It would also be cool that when you play career mode for RB, you have a helmet design that includes the RB logo (or AlphaTauri, or Mercedes/Ferrari) logo on the helmet. Gives it a bit more of real feel.

And I like the idea of an online connection with your codemasters account, where you can design a helmet and link it in-game. Such as game-face in other games. That would be an awesome solution.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, B25 said:

Yeah, other models would be really cool. But what bothers me is the actual designs of the helmet. Most look really silly if you compare them to real life drivers. Even the designs look silly compared to what racing drivers generally wear. The addition of sponsors and logo in MyTeam has been an improvement, but then the negative aspect of that is that they have the same colors as they have on the livery, which might look really ugly on your helmet design/color scheme.

Also, they got rid of some of the better models (IMO) they had in previous games such as 'Slashes', 'Racing Line', 'Chicane' and 'Wild Thing' (my fav). A few of the special additions are an improvement, but in general I find the helmets to be severly lacking compared to a lot of other features in the game. It would be cool to have personal sponsors in Career mode (same as in MyTeam) and add them to your helmet, as the helmets look very empty now compared to what you have in MyTeam. It would also be cool that when you play career mode for RB, you have a helmet design that includes the RB logo (or AlphaTauri, or Mercedes/Ferrari) logo on the helmet. Gives it a bit more of real feel.

And I like the idea of an online connection with your codemasters account, where you can design a helmet and link it in-game. Such as game-face in other games. That would be an awesome solution.

Like the models it would be more realistic for the game and F1 and the teams. 😄