F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Item shop is a huge disappointment

8 hours ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

I won't buy any pitcoins because custom racenet liveries are perfect.

I'm sure they are, if you have it on PC..... 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2020 at 3:59 AM, hippoSURF said:

The ember fade livery is/was part of the daily items which seem to rotate through whereas the fibre optic livery was a weekly items. The weekly items font seem to be on a rotation. They appear to be one shot items. It seems probable that if you missed out on it that you may have actually missed out on it entirely

I really hope not, I'm sure I've seen weekly items duplicate. 

I wonder if @BarryBL can confirm... I hope I haven't missed out on one of the more realistic and lifelike liveries altogether just because of their Xbox pitcoin issue

Edited by Rango

90% of the itens are ridiculous and hideous, like someone else said, it looks like it was designed for children, how hard can it be to design something that actually looks like it belongs in a F1 grid ?

• Agree 5

On 8/16/2020 at 4:02 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Whenever I see this thread bumped back up the Unread Content list with new posts I can't help but think Codemasters must be delighted by people being so desperate to pay them money that they're frustrated at the shop options :classic_smile:.

I think it's less about people being desperate to spend the money or use the pitcoins that they already have than it is about being offered something that they think is worthwhile for the money/pitcoins that Codemasters expects/wants them to spend. I'm sure that Codemasters aren't delighted with the fact that people are unhappy with the content that is included in the item shop thus potentially missing out on portions of the added revenue that they were expecting to draw. But you do you, dude.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, hippoSURF said:

I think it's less about people being desperate to spend the money or use the pitcoins that they already have than it is about being offered something that they think is worthwhile for the money/pitcoins that Codemasters expects/wants them to spend. I'm sure that Codemasters aren't delighted with the fact that people are unhappy with the content that is included in the item shop thus potentially missing out on portions of the added revenue that they were expecting to draw. But you do you, dude.

I don't even look in the shop. People doing so shows interest in spending money, and my reading of this thread is very much that people would be willing to for the right items.

(For info. I'm saving all pitcoins I get from levelling up for the next VIP pass, which will cost 10,000 pitcoins.)

Edited by Ultra3142

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't even look in the shop. People doing so shows interest in spending money, and my reading of this thread is very much that people would be willing to for the right items.

(For info. I'm saving all pitcoins I get from levelling up for the next VIP pass, which will cost 10,000 pitcoins.)

That's fine and I'm sure that there are people who are satisfied with the content that is included but it isn't desperation to spend them that causes people to complain it's wanting something worthwhile to spend them on if they choose to spend them. Codemasters can't be satisfied with hearing that the people who are interested in purchasing things don't find the options worth purchasing. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, hippoSURF said:

That's fine and I'm sure that there are people who are satisfied with the content that is included but it isn't desperation to spend them that causes people to complain it's wanting something worthwhile to spend them on if they choose to spend them. Codemasters can't be satisfied with hearing that the people who are interested in purchasing things don't find the options worth purchasing. 

It is, as the thread title says, always a disappointment. 

I posted elsewhere but the helmet you get from the Keep fighting DLC is gorgeous, detailed and fits in with the other drivers helmets very well. 

To know they can do it but to load Item Shop and find the same half and half or plain designs and some that just are graphically poor to look at is more frustrating now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2020 at 7:05 AM, KNT2011 said:

It is, as the thread title says, always a disappointment. 

I posted elsewhere but the helmet you get from the Keep fighting DLC is gorgeous, detailed and fits in with the other drivers helmets very well. 

To know they can do it but to load Item Shop and find the same half and half or plain designs and some that just are graphically poor to look at is more frustrating now. 

That's because the Keep Fighting stuff is paid for, so extra effort goes into the design probably. More or less everything else feels 'phoned in' 

Edited by Rango

And once again, Ember fade livery is back but still no sign of Fibre Optic 😩

7 hours ago, Rango said:

That's because the Keep Fighting stuff is paid for, so extra effort does into the design probably. More or less everything else feels 'phoned in' 

I would pay some for a DLC pack with various helmets of that quality. 

IF only someone wanted my money... :classic_huh:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I may be willing to help you out there :classic_smile:.

18 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

I would pay some for a DLC pack with various helmets of that quality. 

Hmm, can't even get the free livery I want out of them right now, certainly not going to be giving them any more money.. 

A lot of the options for helmet and livery designs vary between poor and awful. There are some good ones. Just give us some designs plainer than the extravagant offerings on show.

Also as has been said, the lack of what you can do to decals, colurs and so on is very disappointing. GT Sport has it great. I'd like to think this stuff would be added in a future update but it's Codemasters.

There's a brilliant helmet as the weekly item this week. Unsure whether to save for the next pit pass next week (which I assume will be 9000 coins) or get it and then save for the pass with the coin unlocks. Think you miss out on VIP items if they come before the level at which you get VIP though?

10 minutes ago, Joethe155 said:

There's a brilliant helmet as the weekly item this week. Unsure whether to save for the next pit pass next week (which I assume will be 9000 coins) or get it and then save for the pass with the coin unlocks. Think you miss out on VIP items if they come before the level at which you get VIP though?

I might be wrong but I think Barry said the next pass will be 10,000 pitcoins.

21 minutes ago, Joethe155 said:

Yes, you're right, it will be 9000 pitcoins for Season 2:

1 hour ago, Joethe155 said:

I wouldn't call it a brilliant helmet, it's definitely the best thing that has come from the helmet selection thus far(not high praise) but the fact that only one colour is changeable is a letdown. Not really worth the coins for IMO

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, hippoSURF said:

I wouldn't call it a brilliant helmet, it's definitely the best thing that has come from the helmet selection thus far(not high praise) but the fact that only one colour is changeable is a letdown. Not really worth the coins for IMO

Looks bloody horrible to me :classic_laugh: but each to their own I'm glad there's something on there people like. 

It's far more detailed than the usual helmets which makes a big difference. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Joethe155 said:

Thinking about this, if you did buy the helmet you'd risk losing the chance to get the coin unlocks you refer to. It depends whether the Podium Pass automatically switches to Season 2 or if you can delay the chance until you've reached the rank you need to. Although how the ranks would work if it went straight to Season 2 I'm not sure so maybe you'd be OK. On the last point in bold I think you'd be OK. People who got pre-order pitcoins late were certainly told that in the current season all VIP customisations associated with their current rank would be received at the point the VIP section was purchased.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1

Yeah not sure. Would be good if they were clear on it but then that's how they get people.

21 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Looks bloody horrible to me :classic_laugh: but each to their own I'm glad there's something on there people like. 

It's far more detailed than the usual helmets which makes a big difference. 

it has some personality that's all I'm saying it's not something I'm going to spend coins on but it is a step in a positive direction

Posted (edited)

Codemasters just trolling me now. Been waiting for this livery for ages! 

save_4.png

Edited by Rango
  • Agree 1