F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

[F2 2020 Season] Will we be able to drive as our own character or have to play as one of the official drivers in the F2 2020 update when added to the game?

Curious question. I know currently in F1 2020 if you choose to complete the F2 races in the introduction to the main career mode you can compete as your own character/avatar which then carries over to the F1 season.  

Was wondering when the F2 2020 season is added to the game in a later patch will we be able to play the current championship as our own character or will we have to play as one of the official drivers like in last years game? 

Many thanks

I'd find it unlikely they'll make it part of the career. 

As with last year, F2 2019 will formulate the start of the career if you choose, F2 2020 will be a separate championship or grand prix mode available to play standalone. 

I'd be shocked if this is any different when it's added. 

Though I do hope any additional drivers added will be made available in My Team. 

37 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I'd find it unlikely they'll make it part of the career. 

As with last year, F2 2019 will formulate the start of the career if you choose, F2 2020 will be a separate championship or grand prix mode available to play standalone. 

I'd be shocked if this is any different when it's added. 

Though I do hope any additional drivers added will be made available in My Team. 

Yeh I think you’re right. Definitely won’t be implemented into the career mode and will be a separate mode under Championship.  Would still be nice to be able to compete as our own character though but am assuming it’ll be like last years game and only playable as one of the current drivers. 

Would love it if they could implement some of the reserve drivers into the game and perhaps have them able to be transferable in the career mode like having Hulkenberg pop up unexpectedly to replace a driver somewhere.  Will probably stay as the current lineup of F1 and F2 drivers with how they’re implemented though