Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best codies F1 game (includes sales data)

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=F1

F1 2010 by far sold the largest amount and was the best received... Won that years BAFTA for best sports game too. 

Since then we've always had new features given with one hand and others taken away at the same time. 

2014 was a low point for 'new features'... Although this year is stripped right back to a feature set that would match that of F1 97 on the PS1! 

Hey at least F1 97 still has features (Tear off strips, Telemetry, random failures, Official TV layouts, setups that work, up to date car performance up to the last race of the season, split screen a dedicated arcade mode, monsoon tyres that worked at monsoon tracks such Suzuka, lapped cars that obeyed blue flags accurately (Pulling off the racing line before you arrive), correct timings, AI that follow the same ruleset as the players) and atmosphere that Codies F1 would dream of portraying.

Personally I'm torn between 10 and 12. 2010 has the best overall experience but for me 2012 has the best AI.

I think 2010 is the best. If it had unique steering wheels and a couple of other small things from 2011, 2012 and 2013, it'd be not too far from perfect. I really liked the "Be the driver" aspect, I wish they'd gone further down that route. 
I think 2012 is second, then 2011 and then 2013. I liked 2013 though, I think the lack of career mode improvements were disappointing, I played it the least of the lot. But the classics were good.

It's a difficult choice for me between 3 different ones.

Keep in mind I never played any of them online to any extensive amount of time(rFactor 1/2 etc. is the place for that)

- 2010: First F1 game in years on PC. Had charm, a great career mode (7 seasons, including press conference) and some interesting aspects, like the motorhome as a menu. Worst thing was the absolute wank kerb physics, spinning you just by looking at them sometimes - yet I feel they were dumbed down way too much in subsequent versions, i.e. the sausage kerbs/orange anti-cuts became way too low and easy to ride, even though these were not the problem we complained about.

- 2012: Much more realistic handling than either of its predecessors, a great TCam view and still had a cool career mode, but seriously lacking compared to 2010. AI was quite decent as well.

- 2015: Best handling yet, great visuals, and you were able to customise cockpit cam a lot. AI though are absolute Maldonado's - yes, all of them, not just the one - and Pro mode has a huge flaw in that you had to pause and go to race director every time you wanted to know how many laps were left in the race, not even a simple ask the engineer option(yes, they say it sometimes on some of the engineer options, but this is very hit and miss). Biggest glaring flaw - no career mode.

Out of the 3, overall I pick 2012. From a purely driving/physics perspective, it would be 2015.

In terms of handling, graphics and multiplayer my vote goes to F1 2015.

In terms of contents, my vote goes to F1 2013.