F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Safety Car

I play on 105% difficulty and I do 50% races. I am at Monaco in my first season in my team, and I have had a total of 3 safety car deployments. Two of them have had quite a big impact on my races. The first one came out on China after 2 laps when Ocon’s engine blew up on the back straight. The other two came at Spain. The first one at Spain came out on lap 13 because Raikkonen’s engine exploded in front of me in between turn 8-9. I was on Medium tyres, and I pitted for hard tyres. The last safety car in Spain came out on lap 20 when Ricciardo’s engine also exploded at the start of the third sector, and I pitted for Mediums in spite running in P9 and having a chance to jump a couple of cars since they still had to do an extra stop. I played it safe, and the safety cars in Spain were critical to the race outcome, which I finished in P9. 

So far, I only had safety cars. No VSC so far.

20 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

I play on 105% difficulty and I do 50% races. I am at Monaco in my first season in my team, and I have had a total of 3 safety car deployments. Two of them have had quite a big impact on my races. The first one came out on China after 2 laps when Ocon’s engine blew up on the back straight. The other two came at Spain. The first one at Spain came out on lap 13 because Raikkonen’s engine exploded in front of me in between turn 8-9. I was on Medium tyres, and I pitted for hard tyres. The last safety car in Spain came out on lap 20 when Ricciardo’s engine also exploded at the start of the third sector, and I pitted for Mediums in spite running in P9 and having a chance to jump a couple of cars since they still had to do an extra stop. I played it safe, and the safety cars in Spain were critical to the race outcome, which I finished in P9. 

So far, I only had safety cars. No VSC so far.

Seems like we have 2 seperate experiences. 

I was at Soschi racing and Verstappens crashed with Ricciardo, Ricciardo when into the wall and Verstappen ended upp semi on the track, this was still just a VSC which i found odd.. 

I get a safety car every race in my team just completed cota in season two. That makes it over 40 sc now this needs to be fixed. When some people don’t every get a sc when others get one all the time 

i dn't have any prolem with sc.
In 22 races in myteam i had sc on 12 tracks, mexico and singapore twice.

The thing is that I drive quite aggressively (on fun purpose), and most of the sc phases are triggered by me.
I guess if you drive carefully, you won't get a lot of sc.

20 races in MyTeam, 50% distance and sim damage, I got exactly two mechanical retirements each race and literally every one of them triggers the SC. Sometimes I just get bored of it and as soon as the SC message pops up I hit flashback and voila, no SC. I see not a single VSC yet. It's weird that others have completely the opposite experience, but something is broken in the SC mechanics that's for sure.

This is so strange, Im now into my third season in My team, and I got 0 SC cars in the first too. 

Still haven't played yet in Season 3, but I'm very tired of VSC I do prefer SC or nothing at all.

Message to everyone related to SC bug.

It seems you meet the SC every race or never.

The only way to fix this issue is posting a video with the official bug report in the correct section of this forum, either to show a SC is needed in a particular circumstance or to show that the SC was out for no good reason.

I know it’s very demanding to all of us but comparing bug report and far more important here videos, we could then prove that for the same situation you have 2 different scenarios, and that the SC feature is inconsistent.

If we don’t do that, unfortunately, we can continue talking about it but this issue won’t be fixed.

Thank you to all who posted a bug video.

5 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

Message to everyone related to SC bug.

It seems you meet the SC every race or never.

The only way to fix this issue is posting a video with the official bug report in the correct section of this forum, either to show a SC is needed in a particular circumstance or to show that the SC was out for no good reason.

I know it’s very demanding to all of us but comparing bug report and far more important here videos, we could then prove that for the same situation you have 2 different scenarios, and that the SC feature is inconsistent.

If we don’t do that, unfortunately, we can continue talking about it but this issue won’t be fixed.

Thank you to all who posted a bug video.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/52-bug-reporting-please-follow-rules-and-complete-reports/

1 hour ago, Suvqt said:

This is so strange, Im now into my third season in My team, and I got 0 SC cars in the first too. 

Still haven't played yet in Season 3, but I'm very tired of VSC I do prefer SC or nothing at all.

Literally hate VSC with a passion.

Jeff may as well come over my radio and say "Hello moron, here is another chance to screw your race over by ignoring the delta once again".... 

On 8/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, Balazsryche said:

20 races in MyTeam, 50% distance and sim damage, I got exactly two mechanical retirements each race and literally every one of them triggers the SC. Sometimes I just get bored of it and as soon as the SC message pops up I hit flashback and voila, no SC. I see not a single VSC yet. It's weird that others have completely the opposite experience, but something is broken in the SC mechanics that's for sure.

I've been experiencing the exact same behaviour myself. Up until a point, the safety cars were nothing out of the ordinary (I remember getting a VSC at Australia, for example), but since a certain point, I've noticed that every single race has the exact same AI retirement pattern (first car always retires at about the halfway point, second one either doesn't retire or retires a few laps from the end), with the first retirement always causing a SC, which however can be reverted by using a flashback. The second retirement always causes a SC too, but can NOT be reverted by a flashback/mid session save - no matter how many are used, the SC always comes out no matter what.

This has started making the races very uninspiring to drive, as I already know how the race will eventually develop. It's a shame I've only noticed now, as I would've been recording all of this and would have made a bug report by now...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, typhlo0o said:

would have made a bug report by now...

Thanks for your feedback. A video is essential to see where the cars are stopped when they retired.

This is the only way to prove that something is wrong. Cars stopped on dangerous locations never provoke a safety car for some users while cars stopping very safely will always provoke a SC period.

2 years ago, I had no SC, last year in f1 2019 I had SC and this year again no SC.

if everyone posts a video, we can compare spots where cars are stopped and if a SC was necessary (or not).

It is unbelievable and unacceptable that the same problems are repeated or worsened every year.  It is not possible that I am suffering from this again.  With me it was after the last update (1.7) that the Safety Car disappeared!  Before, the amount of Safety Car was acceptable and I had fun, although the VSC never happened.  That is, there was already an error in not happening VSC, and now they get worse by having nothing else.  It is a shame, the game is all broken, I was already very disappointed with the error of the sound of the engine that they corrected in half, if they even corrected.  I don't know why I left MyTeam when they said that to correct the sound I would have to end the current season to choose the engine again.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, typhlo0o said:

I've been experiencing the exact same behaviour myself. Up until a point, the safety cars were nothing out of the ordinary (I remember getting a VSC at Australia, for example), but since a certain point, I've noticed that every single race has the exact same AI retirement pattern (first car always retires at about the halfway point, second one either doesn't retire or retires a few laps from the end), with the first retirement always causing a SC, which however can be reverted by using a flashback. The second retirement always causes a SC too, but can NOT be reverted by a flashback/mid session save - no matter how many are used, the SC always comes out no matter what.

This has started making the races very uninspiring to drive, as I already know how the race will eventually develop. It's a shame I've only noticed now, as I would've been recording all of this and would have made a bug report by now...

Thank you for confirming this issue, I think your post would be fine as a bug report as it is in this form, no more details needed. I'm considering turning off SC because as you said one can already know what will happen and each race feels the same. I wonder what's causing this behaviour to us and the opposite for others. I'm not expecting a quick fix for this, they had 10 years to develop SC properly, but a workaround would be helpful.