Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Safety Car

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Regarding Safety car, I have played around 31 races so far in my team career mod and I have never gotten more than a VSC. I do not know if Im unlucky or something is wrong.

I do enjoy the game quite alot but I feel I would like it abit more with some more safety cars that can change races around.

Ofc I've selected Safety Car on in the settings, my other settings are :

Simulation Damage

50% Race

95 in Difficulty 

 

Thank you in advance 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless there's been dramatic crashes or cars stuck on the circuit you won't see much of the SC. It is interesting and surprising you and others have struggled seeing SC/VSC. Your chances of seeing it should be higher at circuits like Azerbaijan and Monaco. There are some bug reports about it not deploying when you think it should. If you've got some video of incidents you think need a SC add a report to one of the bug posts 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I see..

I've seen quite some big but maybe as you say not big enough. It just seems from speculations that some other people are having SC for less. But I might be wrong here.

 

Does Simulation Damage effect AI or just player cars btw? and does Difficulty reduc AI mistakes? If you or anybody else know 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Suvqt said:

Hmm, I see..

I've seen quite some big but maybe as you say not big enough. It just seems from speculations that some other people are having SC for less. But I might be wrong here.

 

Does Simulation Damage effect AI or just player cars btw? and does Difficulty reduc AI mistakes? If you or anybody else know 🙂 

 

It is unfortunately something that hasn't been consistent in the last few years. People have had different experiences with SCs even when using the same settings. Some are even seeing too much of it at the moment. 

Simulation damage does affect AI. Not too sure with the difficulty. Higher difficulty means faster AI, whether it increases chances of mistakes is something I've personally seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thank you for answer, I guess i just need to keep playing and see what happends 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Suvqt said:

Ok, thank you for answer, I guess i just need to keep playing and see what happends 🙂

Or just pray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I done some praying, and I do not think it's working 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, me too, 

Two races in my channel and not SC or VSC so far.

I give up, I'm playing even not SC/VSC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but playing F1 without SC Is not really F1, thats what Im missing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on my second season and i never seen SC or VSC. Don't know what to do. Should i reinstall the game or something? I'm playing on simulation damage, %25 race and 90 AI level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not talking about praying for a SC, I was talking about praying for CM fixing this feature after let’s say 5 years of waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue, I saw someone mention that they didn’t happen on Simulation Damage but a switch to full damage worked. I switched from Sim to Full and Voila, the first time a car got stuck on track—> safety car! Did a whole season on sim damage, no SC. Now on full damage SC comes out when it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on my 3rd season of my team and have only had 2 Safety Cars in 3 seasons. I have had a few races where drivers have stopped in dangerous locations around the track and no SC or VSC was deployed. SC has always been an issue with the F1 games, they either come out at way to often or not at all, pretty unrelaistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange. I had two SCs in my first two MyTeam races but have not even had a VSC or many retirements since then.

I hope it's not because I started a second MyTeam save to try and do the Podium Pass challenges, because I'll be kicking myself if that has somehow affected the code in a way that means the SC doesn't come out in my actual MyTeam save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safety Car doesn't work well offline because almost every retirement is a "safe" retirement (near marshall posts). AI doesn't really crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wahz said:

I had the same issue, I saw someone mention that they didn’t happen on Simulation Damage but a switch to full damage worked. I switched from Sim to Full and Voila, the first time a car got stuck on track—> safety car! Did a whole season on sim damage, no SC. Now on full damage SC comes out when it should.

Sounds interesting, might actually try it out to see if it changes something

 

Since Im soon at Singapore I hope to see it work there 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Suvqt said:

Hi,

Regarding Safety car, I have played around 31 races so far in my team career mod and I have never gotten more than a VSC. I do not know if Im unlucky or something is wrong.

I do enjoy the game quite alot but I feel I would like it abit more with some more safety cars that can change races around.

Ofc I've selected Safety Car on in the settings, my other settings are :

Simulation Damage

50% Race

95 in Difficulty 

 

Thank you in advance 

That's odd, SC had been deploying fairly consistently for my MyTeam playthrough, almost at least one (sometimes 2) every race (Not just VSC), I run simulation damage (no mod), 50% race length and 103%-106% AI.

Edited by DRTApophis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There had been a topic like this a while ago.

My experience hasn't changed since them. Some SCs sprinkled here and there, a few VSC for good measure. Simulation damage, 100 AI, PS4, always updated game. Can't complain. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've not had the SC or a VSC at all in myteam career and I am up to Belgium. (PS4 V1.06). 

Edited to add, also simulation damage and SC is switched on. 

Edited by rocojuanclarkus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing with full damage, 50% length, and i got one safety car in 3 races on average. But mostly i am the cause ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the safety car absent in this game? I play 100 percent distance in career mode and my setting is set to on, but 10 races in nothing, no VSC or SC, on PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I raced at Singapore yesterday, and I was hoping to see the SC but sadly not.

I have yet not tried to lower damage from Simulation to Full to see if that changes anything.

 

I did however have 2 VSC which is an improvment 

Edited by Suvqt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 races in, 50% on sim damage, have yet to see a single SC or VSC. it's clearly bugged for some while it's working fine for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×