Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unbelievably... I like it!

I've not posted on here for a long time so I doubt anyone remembers my comments about some of the previous Codemasters F1 games. I've always been a fan of the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix series (having driven racing games since Pitstop 2 on the Commodore 64 and ever racing game since) and I always seriously disliked Codemasters F1 efforts. I sort of liked F1 2014, and I actually I like this one for the same reasons. That's not to say that I think the game is in any way perfect, the missing practise sessions and inability to drive as myself, rather than as an official driver, is a bit of a downer, also it would be nice to have the safety car. But I've done a couple of races now and it's not been completely terrible. 

Let's hope this one is a good platform for building on to allow us to get a really good F1 game next year,

Hughesy said:
Glad I'm not the only one enjoying it for what it is.
Indeed there's definitely room for improvement here I don't deny that but it is a good solid foundation in which to build on I just hope that CM doas I think people are a little disappointed about things disappearing and tbh I am too. But it is definitely a solid start for a next gen effort. They just need to show they're willing to build on it.

Honestly the core of the game (Ex, AI)  is pretty awesome which makes these game breaking glitches really annoying. 

Since my initial post I have noticed a few thing wrong. Like me getting called into the pits on the same lap as my team mate in a dry race and having to stack and lose places. I've also noticed a lot of object pop-in on the PC version, which doesn't seem to affect the PS4 version.

In the Ps4 version I experience a problem in slow corners where I'll sudden;y lose all power and struggle to accelerate out (I'm guessing it must be some sort of turbo lag) but I don't suffer from this on the PC version with the XBox 360 controller.

But these are just small issues and aren't spoiling the game too much. I'm sure they'll be patched eventually.

So far i've only tried Time Trials and noticed my times are saved for 3 of the circuits where i can see the leaderboard results. On all the other circuits the leaderboard doesn't show anyones times including mine. I got an achvmt for a clean lap on every circuit yet cannot see my time saved on leaderboard!?? Besides this i absolutely like the way the cars handle, so much better than previous titles. All the better on accelerator with the controller, feels smooth with fine adjustments not possible before.

Another little issue I encountered was in my last race. I was in 2nd place, just completed my 2nd pit stop, I was in clear space, next nearest car was 10 seconds behind, and the car suddenly felt like I'd been clipped from behind and veered to the right.

After the patch I have to say that this game has got potential, but it needs to be unlocked by further patches. The handling is a step forward, but FFB needs to be improved. The whole fuel-management - at least if you're doing 100%-races - is brilliant.  But then again, there's the blur-effect and FPS-drop which ruins the immersion. 

If CM can work off their bollocks to fix the problems, this could be their best attempt so far. 

I've not posted on here for a long time so I doubt anyone remembers my comments about some of the previous Codemasters F1 games. I've always been a fan of the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix series (having driven racing games since Pitstop 2 on the Commodore 64 and ever racing game since) and I always seriously disliked Codemasters F1 efforts. I sort of liked F1 2014, and I actually I like this one for the same reasons. That's not to say that I think the game is in any way perfect, the missing practise sessions and inability to drive as myself, rather than as an official driver, is a bit of a downer, also it would be nice to have the safety car. But I've done a couple of races now and it's not been completely terrible. 

Let's hope this one is a good platform for building on to allow us to get a really good F1 game next year,
That is exactly my problem. It is always "Next year is the year"

It is like listening to a bunch of Liverpool fans.

After the patch I have to say that this game has got potential, but it needs to be unlocked by further patches. The handling is a step forward, but FFB needs to be improved. The whole fuel-management - at least if you're doing 100%-races - is brilliant.  But then again, there's the blur-effect and FPS-drop which ruins the immersion. 

If CM can work off their bollocks to fix the problems, this could be their best attempt so far. 
Looking at the reviews on Steam it may also be their last if all the negative reviews result in refunds... I hope not, because the racing actually isn't bad! It's definitely much better than previously. I think the biggest mistake they've made is all the lost features. At the very least they could have given us a championship mode where we can drive as ourselves and all the practise sessions without having to dive right into pro championship mode.

Well I hope not, because I do think they're finally getting to the point where they're making good F1 games (let's not forget that Geoff Crammond and Microprose took 5 years per game to develop the Grand Prix series), they just to add in more features.

Codies were already on thin ice with the sim racing community with Grid 2, and Grid Autosport wasn't so hotly received either...

Let's hope the negative comments don't equal poor sales.