Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Intermittent Audio Issues - laggy, cut in/out, etc.

Recommended Posts

I also have sound cut out mid race and recently have 5 to 10 fps on 1 account and full speed on another. Just for multiplayer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that this issue comes back if my PC has been on/used for a while. Last night I had no issues but just now, the issue was back. If I reboot, all is well. The only things I've done since then that I can think of is use MS Edge (Chromium), open Plex, open Media Player Classic and open qBittorrent. One of those processes (likely Plex or Media Player Classic) is doing something to the Audio/Video and only a reboot clears it.

Interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FstLaneUkraine said:

It seems that this issue comes back if my PC has been on/used for a while. Last night I had no issues but just now, the issue was back. If I reboot, all is well. The only things I've done since then that I can think of is use MS Edge (Chromium), open Plex, open Media Player Classic and open qBittorrent. One of those processes (likely Plex or Media Player Classic) is doing something to the Audio/Video and only a reboot clears it.

Interesting...

Disable the 'Turn On Fast Start Up' option in the Power Settings. It's not needed when running SSD. Hybrid shutdown is an issue for many device drivers, sad but true. MS oblivious or blame-shifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Disable the 'Turn On Fast Start Up' option in the Power Settings. It's not needed when running SSD. Hybrid shutdown is an issue for many device drivers, sad but true. MS oblivious or blame-shifting.

Okay, done. Lets give this a whirl.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, marioho said:

That's something I find from time to time too and I'm not on PC.

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

The audio gets jittery or is cut out for an instant during gameplay or highlights. Never noticed it outside of the track. It affects the engine sound and the audio from Jeff. 

2. Platform

PS4 base model

3. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

1.06 but it happened with all versions so far

4. Game-mode?

All that I've tried – My Team and Career. Haven't noticed the issue outside of the track though.

5. What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

This issue was present on PS4 F1 2019. Never sweated it because although it is annoying, it's not that present to me I always brushed it off as being a performance hiccup on old hardware – like base PS4.

6. What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.

Sometimes I do a flashback if the issue prevented me from understanding Jeff or if it was so distracting that I fumbled on the track. Sometimes it will still be present on the reloaded flashback state, sometimes it will not be there anymore. Can't assert with certainty but I think if I wait it out a moment before resuming the flashback the audio will be ok.

7.What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

PS4 dualshock controller.

8. Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I'll go through my saved highlights and see if I notice a faulty one. 

It's no point adding your issue to this post since it's a PC issue and you are on PS4. Please make a new post adding your issue with the detailed bugform you used here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

It's no point adding your issue to this post since it's a PC issue and you are on PS4. Please make a new post adding your issue with the detailed bugform you used here.

Guess the topic's title could use some editing then, heh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the OP, that should tell you enough. Your issue might be similar but cause will be different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Just read the OP, that should tell you enough. Your issue might be similar but cause will be different. 

Sorry mate, I'm not holding a grudge. Just chiming in with an user point of view. And you nail it right on the head here: issue might be similar but cause will be different.

I'm a player. I pop the game in, have some fun, and consider reporting any issue that may have plagued the session. I'm privy only to the issue, not the cause.

If anyone comes in and sees a Intermittent Audio Issues - laggy, cut in/out, etc. thread on the forum, what reason they have to think it is exclusive to PC or console when the issue description sounds exactly the same? And the video could as well be recorded from my session because that's the issue I have right there.

Now if the title had the [PC], that's different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×