F1 2020 | PODIUM PASS SERIES 2 NOW LIVE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
F1 2020 | CODEMASTERS PC FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP | LOOKING FOR DRIVERS Read more... ×

Save Replay

I have searched before posting, but came up with no results, suggesting that I am the one being dumb here. I cannot figure out how to save a career race replay. I have watched part of it after the actual race, but I cannot see a way of saving it for viewing later.

I know the 'highlights' are available in the theatre in main menu, but not sure about saving a full race replay. Don't rely on highlights either, they usually miss the best bits 

16 minutes ago, Rango said:

I know the 'highlights' are available in the theatre in main menu, but not sure about saving a full race replay. Don't rely on highlights either, they usually miss the best bits 

Seriously? Why would Codemasters want to prevent saving of a race? Again, I'm probably being dumb, but when I see someone posting their race coverage, after the fact, on youtube, how are they doing that?

They're likely recording it themselves using other software, it can't be done in game. 

Only the highlights packages, and only 5 can be saved in total. 

5 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

They're likely recording it themselves using other software, it can't be done in game. 

Only the highlights packages, and only 5 can be saved in total. 

Well, thanks for the response. The consolation is that it's not be being stupid. I would love to hear from someone at Codemasters to explain this extraordinary decision.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but full race replay saving is only available in offline (career, grand prix, etc.) modes. So the youtuber is just simply adding the saved replay on top of the in car video, using some editing software.

2 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but full race replay saving is only available in offline (career, grand prix, etc.) modes. So the youtuber is just simply adding the saved replay on top of the in car video, using some editing software.

Unless I'm missing something startlingly obvious you can only save the highlight package not the full race replay, in either online or offline. I've never seen this option available in any of the CM F1 games. 

And to be fair, the only game I've seen this available is GT Sport. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Unless I'm missing something startlingly obvious you can only save the highlight package not the full race replay, in either online or offline. I've never seen this option available in any of the CM F1 games. 

And to be fair, the only game I've seen this available is GT Sport. 

Thanks.

Off topic, but iRacing let's you save full race replays (either online or offline).

For the record, it was an offline career mode race (On PC) that I was trying to save.

I would still like to see an explanation from Codemasters, if the comments above are true. I mean it’s not as if there is a technological obstacle to a save or export

Posted (edited)

I use obs studio and record the replays after the race, i have to do the same in any codemasters racing title, as none of them have a replay save function. Is a pain in dr2.0, as i play in vr so cant record the repay at all.

Recording the game itself in a program like obs or using nvidia shadow play, is the only real option to save the replay for other uses.

The game will show the fill 100% race replay though, so at least there is that.

Edited by Ialyrn

On 8/4/2020 at 2:24 AM, Ialyrn said:

The game will show the fill 100% race replay though, so at least there is that.

Not good enough in 2020, imo - particularly if you’ve just raced for 1.5hrs, it’d be nice to be able to come back to review the replay at a later date.

On 8/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, DavC63s said:

I would still like to see an explanation from Codemasters...

I’ll be very surprised if you get one... And on the very remote chance that you do, odds are the explanation will be simply “by design” 🤨

1 hour ago, Guga_Cyr said:

Not good enough in 2020, imo - particularly if you’ve just raced for 1.5hrs, it’d be nice to be able to come back to review the replay at a later date.

I agree, there should be a save feature for replays. Having to resort to recording the replay in OBS immediately after a race, is not my ideal solution. But it is the only solution without the ability to save the replay.

1 hour ago, Guga_Cyr said:

I’ll be very surprised if you get one... And on the very remote chance that you do, odds are the explanation will be simply “by design”

I mean, that very clearly is the case; otherwise there would already be a save function. The annoying thing is, and this is the real kicker. The game will automatically save a highlight reel for races.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 1