F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Singapore? F1 needs to replace!

Monaco is amazingly hard, still technical, dangerous and all ways full of action. To master it, and win it- is some prize and something to be proud of. Singapore? Man, that’s a shiti track, I do not enjoy it and I feel no real motivation and challenge. Hate it.. wish it would be replaced soon.....

• Disagree 2

In Monaco You can’t let down your concentration even for a millisecond..you’ve got to be “on it” for the entire race- that’s why. I do agree that a race that have an abundance of overtaking opportunities is thrilling, but usually less technical and a bit less demanding. Of course that is my subjective opinion..

singapore are my favourite track, and i hate monaco and azerbaijan hahahaha

Some like orange juice, others prefer an apple one.

I hate Singapore with a fervency. But I play on a pad, so the margin for error I have is way narrower and the damage said errors cause are arguably more detrimental than if I were playing on a proper wheel. So your mileage may vary.

Even on the real thing, we have drivers with absurd pace on qualifying or when on clear air, but that are quite poor on fighting for positions on race day. And we have drivers that are the contrary, not that quick on quali but great on race. Like Stroll, who has a rep for being quite good on the race starts and the first couple laps – at least way better than he is on qualifying.

What I'm getting at is that different circuits favor different sets of skills. Monaco and I'd wager Singapore are sadistically ruthless to mistakes, therefore conducive for quick 1-lap and consistent drivers. 

Singapore is one of my favourite tracks.   

The game does give you the option to complete a shorter, edited career mode or just simulate the race. 

The developers are not going to remove one track because it is not liked.

I can't stand Baku or COTA but I always race them in my career because that's all part of the immersion. 

I imagine there are real F1 racers who have tracks they do not look forward to.