Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 PC Steam edition - No seperate wheel and Pedals useable?

Ive got rudder pedals I tend to use for the pedals as they have the same function and a wheel. However the game doesn't seem to be able to map these separately and just uses the same axis for both. So turn right is the same axis as brake. Please say this is me being stupid and not how this game was programmed?

I have the same issue on PC.

I use a Logitech wheel for steering, and Saitek rudder pedal toe brakes for accelerator and brake, but the game doesn't seem to be able to distinguish between one controller and the other.

Initially when attempting to set up my "Input Device" in the Driving Controls menu, I tried to use one of the 4 instances of "DirectInput Default". I assume each of those refers to one of my input devices. With any of the "DirectInput Default" options selected, I can no longer select accelerate/brake/steer etc, or move in the menu at all.

Therefore I have to select "Custom". I can assign Accelerate, Brake and Steer left, but when I select Steer right, it assigns "Axis X+" to Steer right, and un-assigns "Axis X+" from Brake. In other words, the game cannot tell the difference between my steering wheel Axis X and and my rudder pedal Axis X.

Every other game I have can distinguish between controllers, including Codemasters' own F1 2012, F1 2011, and F1 2010.

Would appreciate any help with this so that I can use the same setup that I use for every other game I have.

Thanks.

I have the same issue aswell, but with conflicts between my G27 and the SRW-S1 mounted on it. Worked fine in the previous titles and it works in all other racing sims. Hope there will be a fix, because it is unplayable for me right now

Same issue for me. Separate pedals (CST pedals) and wheel (Fanatec CSW v1). Works fine for all other racing games (iRacing, CARS, F12013)
@Codemasters : please fix this asap cause the game can not be played

have the same issues also but my car always turns right and cant correct it at all also wheel is far to sensitive. I have Saitek pro flight yoke and rudder peddle. Game works fine in the 2014 version I have. Another issue is I cant exit out of any session im in I have to abort the game. example if im in pro mode I cant exit out back to main screen I have to abort game altogether.

need help game is un playable

have the same issues also but my car always turns right and cant correct it at all also wheel is far to sensitive. I have Saitek pro flight yoke and rudder peddle. Game works fine in the 2014 version I have. Another issue is I cant exit out of any session im in I have to abort the game. example if im in pro mode I cant exit out back to main screen I have to abort game altogether.

Due to the game trying to read all devices as one you will have to unplug everything from your computer apart from the one device you are going to map and use (naturally not a choice for using two devices) otherwise the game will try to use all devices as it thinks they are all one, so you will end up hard throttle on, or hard brake or as you say hard left or hard right as the system cannot make sense of all the inputs. Hoping someone from Codemasters gets back to us soon to say they are aware and the issue will be corrected or it wont be corrected so those of us who can return the game can return, get a refund and revert back to 2014 which works great out of the box.

Try mapping the pause button to a key on your wheel or keyboard. You can exit from the pause menu. Not at all intuitive for PC users, since ESC works everywhere else except for leaving a session.

Thank you to all who have noted this issue here. I have all the above stated issues and it is especially frustrating because this was not an issue on the past F1 games from CM. I don't understand how and why they went backwards here. 
The control configuration is also not intuitive.
The advanced settings are grayed out for me so that's also a BIG issue.
Unless someone from CM comments here and commits to fixing these issue, I suggest we all return the game.
I work for a software company and if we released software like this, we would be out of business really fast.
CM: PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF OUR ISSUE. 

I asked Steam for a refund. Accepted. I will not buy F1 2015 unless I am sure that this bug is fixed.
Too bad cause this game looks fine, but I cannot accept this kind of problem which is unacceptable
I suggest to all of you guys to act like me : refund until bug is fixed.

I asked Steam for a refund. Accepted. I will not buy F1 2015 unless I am sure that this bug is fixed.
Too bad cause this game looks fine, but I cannot accept this kind of problem which is unacceptable
I suggest to all of you guys to act like me : refund until bug is fixed.

Its a damn shame but you are absolutly right. If condemasters cant bother to even inform fixing the controller section then im not prepared to wait and just asked for a refund as well.

Hi all.

Has anybody get any news on all the problem we have listed. just like you all I got game Friday and have not played yet as its unplayable with my wheel and peddles and graphics are pants. Its nothing like ive seen on TV

I'm going to let the game sit for 14 days and keep an eye on these forums, but then I'll probably return it. The number of open defects here is just too large to fix in that period of time, so I'll focus on the big ones: no ffb, this separate usb devices issue, load cell, broken multiplayer.

I'm tired of this new model where they feel it is acceptable to release a game in some minimally viable state, and then fund the rest of the development with the money from us poor saps who expected to get the product we paid for. This is clearly not an issue of lack of testing, as most of these problems would be impossible to miss even by the most junior qa staff; someone made the decision to push the release and then wait for the screams to prioritize the rest of the known incomplete development work.

@tegulizard13 : I'll do the same by checking the forums for few weeks. If bug is fixed then I will re-buy the game (had a refund from Steam already)

Here is the fix.... http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/9026/how-to-set-up-your-logitech-steering-wheel-in-f1-2015

I tried to get a refund but didn't because I "played" more than 2 hours (just over 3 hours). They just ignored that I told them all that time was spent just trying to get the separate USB devices issue resolved. 

ALL: please return it before it's too late and wait to see if they fix things.

My opinion is that to you or me 2015 is not much different than 2014 but as the engine is new, built it up from scratch it will take time to solve issues and the new engine will last codemasters a few years, getting better with every new release (I hope). In past years usually lauch was around Nov time so they made it availble earlier with over 1.5K posts about issues if constructive it will help to make the game better. because of game sales it will help fund finishing the game. i agree its not very playable especially on line and i agree they have along way to to get it right... sooner rather than later!!!
i played F1 2013 last night due to my frustration ... it was a blast!

that is NOT a fix. Its a solution to a logitech issue. We need a fix for multiple controllers being read as the individual units they are and not one unit.
My Pedals are Saitek and my Wheel is Thrustmaster.

Still waiting for at least acknowledge from codemasters on the issue,.....

,...btw i too work in a dev studio and the idea that this can get released and then support issues be ignored is an absolute joke and why so many are turning to indie studios to produce finished products.

Lewbob said:
that is NOT a fix. Its a solution to a logitech issue. We need a fix for multiple controllers being read as the individual units they are and not one unit.

We've said in multiple threads hat we're aware of this issue. We're working on getting a fix out ASAP. 

Thanks, finally. Given that this was the first threads on it I thought it might be one of those answered.

@LiteralZero : thanks for this answer. I'm looking forward for this bug to being fixed. When fixed then I'll buy the game thru Steam again.

Lewbob said:

We've said in multiple threads hat we're aware of this issue. We're working on getting a fix out ASAP. 
LiteralZero: You sound frustrated about the complaints here. I work for a large software and hardware company and believe me, I've seen my share of complaints BUT, the only reason we continue to grow is because we believe that the customer is always right. The product should have been delayed until it was ready but since it wasn't, you are living with the fallout. I suggest you don't take it personally and that you have compassion on your customers who have spent their hard-earned money in your company. No response is necessary. It's good to know the issue is being addressed. Thanks!