F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Glass ceiling and how to improve

Posted (edited)

For over the years I have spent a lot of time in F1 games. Mostly time trials, I love to battle against my own times! Also in F1 2020.

For example at Zandvoort, after some practice and custom setups, I improved to a high 1.11. Now the 'problem'.. I see other players get faster times pretty easy.. but I am stuck against a glass ceiling and don't see options to improve.

What tips in setup, game settings, name it do you have that could help to improve?

I play on the basic XBox One using a controller. In races I struggle against AI-level 50.. way to low for the possibilities and also experience that I feel I should have.. Is there something wrong that could be fixed?

Edited by BlueSilhouette

Along with the assists, there are so many factors on the table here that your only chance of getting a bullseye tip here would be attaching a clip of a lap or two from you, mate. 

Could be literally any thing. From a worn down controller that needs to be recalibrated to register 100% input on the bumpers to your approach to upshifts on corner exit.  

In Time Trial, pause and go to Ghost Settings.

Turn on Rival Telemetry and you can see where they are braking/turning.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2020 at 11:42 PM, Nightfire1964 said:

What assists are you running

I only have set Traction control on Medium, other assists have been turned off.

At the moment I'm focussing on Spain. What I feel is that the controller is vibrating in - especially - the fast corners as I struggle for optimal grip. Pointing the left stick forward while turning reduces this effect for a little (but makes it also a lot harder to make smooth corners). By this effect the car loses a significant amount of precise time. It occurs on all circuits, the exact way depending on the track layout.

Any tips to reduce this?

PS. Controller seems to be calibrated as it should be, given the settings.

Edited by BlueSilhouette