F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Codemaster have improving engine failture

Posted (edited)

Full race with a critical engine state. I still manage to finish the race. Looks like engine wear is not working.

I have dammage set on complet/full. 

Dont know the point of gating the rate of our engine wear if we dont have failure

Edited by ZixClon

The MGU-H just harvesting energy from the turbocharger, even if it has decayed to a point that it is not longer effective it's not going to cause an engine failure (unless it catches on fire or structurally fails).  You're actual Internal Combustion Unit (MCI for you) is still at 68% of predicted usable life. I ran my ICU to 90+% and it started smoking but didn't fail before the end of the race thankfully.

Posted (edited)

@JesseDeya is right on the money. The MGU-H is part of the ERS system, basically the electronic aspect of your PU that makes it an hybrid instead of a regular ICE.

Your performance definitely took a hit but even if it ceased all functionality you'd still run – and run fast.

MGU-H is not even exactly what people have in mind when they think of a electronic system running in parallel to aid the ICE. That would be the MGU-K, that delivers extra power directly to the crankshaft. The MGU-H purposes is mainly to (1) eliminate turbo lag by spinning the compressor turbine in-between closed and wide open throttle and (2) to harvest energy from the heat (thus the name) of the exhaust gases passing through the turbo and store it on the battery. Only the MGU-K has direct connection to the crankshaft.

The loss on performance will be more thoroughly felt when your ICE goes bye bye. I'd wager it was already present, but Singapore is not the most power hungry and overtakey of the tracks on the calendar and the component most responsible for power, the combustion engine, was still fairing relatively well. 

Edited by marioho
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Finaly my MGU is dead. Its seem its not 100% you get the failure. But 100,99% (101)

Its a bit sad that mecanical failure is not ebale in the game. Its making the carrier or my team boring. You can run the whol3 season without a single mecanical failure

10 minutes ago, ZixClon said:

Finaly my MGU is dead. Its seem its not 100% you get the failure. But 100,99% (101)

Its a bit sad that mecanical failure is not ebale in the game. Its making the carrier or my team boring. You can run the whol3 season without a single mecanical failure

I agree some kind of mechanical failure would be good to have although they'd have to be careful how it's done as you wouldn't want it too often and it will annoy people if they are having a good race and it happens. People will be calling it out as scripting like in Fifa.