F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

1.07 patch - is this legit?

It doesn't take 10 races to understand ferrari can't win a gp. I shouldnt see a single ferrari on podium without a crash happening.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

44 minutes ago, Punition said:

It doesn't take 10 races to understand ferrari can't win a gp. I shouldnt see a single ferrari on podium without a crash happening.

Oh, I see. So let's treat an high performance sport as a simple arithmetic model with no margin for human error, force majeure, or cunning decisions for a moment.

You don't want to ever "see a single ferrari on podium". Then we bump their performance to what? How good is their car? What is their true pace?

•  3rd best to accommodate for Leclerc's 2nd place in Austria or 5th best to account for Vettel's 10th?
  • 6th best to accommodate for Leclerc's 11th place in Hungary or 3rd best to account for Vettel's 6th?
  • 3nd best to accommodate for Leclerc's 3rd place in Britain or 5th best to accomodate for Vettel's 10th?

That's poorly considering the unforeseen events with Hamilton, Bottas and Verstappen.

But then while we are at it, where does RBR stand in the mix? Because Max/Albon results have been DND/13, 3/4, 2/5 and 2/8.

Do you factor in the qualifying performance too or your only worry is not seeing red in the podium on race day?

Because then we'd have Ferrari 7th/11th + 10th/11th + 5th/6th + 4th/10th. All the while Red Bull... Ok, that's tiring. 

And there's that roller coaster of Pink Mercedes too.

Can we at least agree that Williams is 10th? Or should we pass the baton to Haas? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ha.. Haas's problems aren't the car, they're in the car.. 

A case of what you call the PICNICS, @marioho

Edited by amazingblaze
  • Haha 1

In my opinion the performance graph should be as follows with the gaps representing the R & D margin:

Mercedes

Red Bull

Racing point

McLaren

Ferrari

Renault 

AlphaTauri

Williams

Haas

Alfa Romeo

One thing everyone seems to agree on is Mercedes are miles ahead 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Racing Point aren't all that. They have decent speed in practice and qualifying but come the race they  fade away. They are below McLaren and Ferrari in the constructors after all and imagine it will stay that way. 

Massively underachieving at the moment. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

Racing Point aren't all that. They have decent speed in practice and qualifying but come the race they  fade away. They are below McLaren and Ferrari in the constructors after all and imagine it will stay that way. 

Massively underachieving at the moment. 

Maybe, but Checo is showing what the car can do, I mean Stroll wasn't even using ERS last race...

I feel like they can beat Red bull with Checo, but they are close. But McLaren are far off the pace of them imo

Edited by Art746

17 hours ago, naim786 said:

Performance update patch please

Yes please,update real car performance please,this is no real,example,Francia race Ferrari qualified first and second place,and other race redbull slow car !!!!!

Posted (edited)

I, actually, agree that Ferrari's engine should be docked severely in-game now that the real team's boss has said their cars won't be competitive untill '22, at the earliest.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
  • Agree 1

The point is not whether Ferrari performance needs to be nerfed. I bet there ain't a single head on Codemasters arguing they're just fine as 2nd best. The issue is by how much. And if this short albeit tiring discussion has shown anything is that us players deserve no seat nor say on the nitty-gritty developing side of things. 

I admit I'm being quite the downer here as the vast majority of users all over this forum keep the debate not only civil but also interesting – providing real data and all! It's just that this peevish presumptuous and overbearing attitude of "I should not see Team A on a podium never ever" or "John Doe should never get pole driving that car" followed by a demand for immediate "fix" that ticks me off. It is one thing to point out to a problem, another whole different can of worms to propose a solution with a minimal reasonable basis to it.

If you're so assured of how things are go on and bet your tuition money on Ferrar never breaking Top 6 on sunny race days with no unfavorable wind nor safety cars or whatever. Apparently elite sports are just that, lines on a performance chart right?

A performance update will most certainly come. As soon as Codemasters feel like having the data to back it up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marioho said:

You don't want to ever "see a single ferrari on podium". Then we bump their performance to what? How good is their car? What is their true pace?

•  3rd best to accommodate for Leclerc's 2nd place in Austria or 5th best to account for Vettel's 10th?
  • 6th best to accommodate for Leclerc's 11th place in Hungary or 3rd best to account for Vettel's 6th?
  • 3nd best to accommodate for Leclerc's 3rd place in Britain or 5th best to accomodate for Vettel's 10th?

I'm pretty sure this game is not capable of calculating such things as a one driver hit the setup perfectly, made decent job in quali which allowed him already be AHEAD of his main rivals before the race was started and other driver was completely lost. Ferrari made a gamble, they brought much slimmer rear wing comparing to others to have a shot in quali and have a better starting position sacrificing their race pace. Silverstone is not an easy track to overtake on. 

Should Leglerc qualified lower, is he managed to be this higher up? By looking on how the race went, the answer is no, apart from force majeure what happened in the end.

Ok, we now see Ferrari's pace in race can be as good as top midfield teams ONLY under favorable conditions for Ferrari. That being said Ferrari has no way near "podium place" speed but feels pretty comfortable in between Panthers and McLarens.

1 hour ago, marioho said:

The point is not whether Ferrari performance needs to be nerfed. I bet there ain't a single head on Codemasters arguing they're just fine as 2nd best. The issue is by how much. And if this short albeit tiring discussion has shown anything is that us players deserve no seat nor say on the nitty-gritty developing side of things. 

I admit I'm being quite the downer here as the vast majority of users all over this forum keep the debate not only civil but also interesting – providing real data and all! It's just that this peevish presumptuous and overbearing attitude of "I should not see Team A on a podium never ever" or "John Doe should never get pole driving that car" followed by a demand for immediate "fix" that ticks me off. It is one thing to point out to a problem, another whole different can of worms to propose a solution with a minimal reasonable basis to it.

If you're so assured of how things are go on and bet your tuition money on Ferrar never breaking Top 6 on sunny race days with no unfavorable wind nor safety cars or whatever. Apparently elite sports are just that, lines on a performance chart right?

A performance update will most certainly come. As soon as Codemasters feel like having the data to back it up.

Most of teams are already made quite realistic performance-wise. It just needs a little fix for good.:classic_smile:

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

I'm pretty sure this game is not capable of calculating such things as a one driver hit the setup perfectly, made decent job in quali which allowed him already be AHEAD of his main rivals before the race was started and other driver was completely lost.

Which was pretty much my point. With so many factors at play, how can anyone claim that this or that team should never end above nth place? The way people lay their grievances out looks like they're having Vettel and Leclerc accomplishing back-to-back double podiums in the game and that is simply not the case. The sport has an inherent variability even after you correctly weigh both car and driver potential performances and that is somewhat replicated in the game, as it should be. Hence my jest:

Oh, I see. So let's treat an high performance sport as a simple arithmetic model with no margin for human error, force majeure, or cunning decisions for a moment.

Regarding race pace, Silverstone showed that Mercedes and Red Bull are clearly at the spearhead, but from there on it is a mix as per F1bythenumbers' analysis:

british_gp_race_top_10.thumb.png.7de0e4e27a6a8b31f33c1ca2e97d41cb.png

On Hungary Vettel and Leclerc had 6th and 10th fastest race pace with, again, only Mercedes and RBR having both cars clearly ahead. On Austria they were 5th and 8th fastest and that time only Mercedes was clearly ahead, having McLaren, RP and even a Alpha Tauri a car each in-between the Ferrari duo. 

Ferrari needs to and will be nerfed, I have no doubt nor qualms about it. Haha I don't even like Ferrari to begin with! It's just that people come in here complaining as if they had it all figured out already.

This years midfield is packed full of action. Ferrari is a midfield car. Where do they slot in? Hah, damn if anyone here knows. 

• Thanks 1

We must take into account when reading peoples arguments that there is, and has been for a long time, a strong anti-Ferrari contingent among F1 fans. For a number of reasons better belonging to a different conversation, but when I read some arguments on here, you can see the red mist has descended and this wonderful opportunity to kick Ferrari down to a midfield team is one they can't let pass. 

There is also the other side, and that is Ferrari's strong political influence within the sport. Are CM really going to move arguably the biggest and most famous team in motorsport down to around or below Racing Point? Racing who? And not have them with the big teams challenging as the brand and stature well demands? It's an interesting question, and I'm curious what CM will do and what pressures may be on them and the risks of damaging the relationships they have no doubt built with F1 management and the teams. 

F1 is a very sensitive world after all. 

There's also the gaming side of it, people are so desperate for a patch that will see less competition for race wins? Sure, it might end up being realistic, but if you're not picking Hamilton or Bottas, what are you racing to achieve?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Wouldn’t it be great if we could have the opportunity to fine tune the car performance in GP and career?

This reminds me of when CM introduced the scale from 0 to 110% for AI performance. They could maybe do it for car performance.

This will end sterile conversation about it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

There is also the other side, and that is Ferrari's strong political influence within the sport. Are CM really going to move arguably the biggest and most famous team in motorsport down to around or below Racing Point? Racing who?

So what about not less famous team - Williams, should it be dead last for so many years? Racing who? Haas and Alfa?

Edited by sergey_blackbird
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

So what about not less famous team - Williams, should it be dead last so many years? Racing who? Haas and Alfa?

I am a Williams fan. For many years. I have supported them, followed them, wished for all the good things in the world, they are my team in F1. 

And so it's with no flippancy that I say that it is not the same, my friend. The level of influence, financial backing, and global branding, are not even remotely comparable. So no I don't see Williams being able to apply pressure to have their standing in the official video game bumped up, something Ferrari may very well be able to do should they wish, should they see it as part of their brand identity. We will see as it unfolds! 

Once the game is up to standard I'll be looking to take Williams to the top in career, probably the best they can hope for at present :classic_laugh:

Edited by KNT2011
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

If Ferrari demands not to be nerfed than that would be complete ********. We are the most important F1 team and want always to have the fastest car in the game. 

The game is supposed to be a simulation of this years championship. If it fails why bother using the F1 licence at all.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KillingJoke197 said:

The game is supposed to be a simulation of this year's scheduled championship.

Fixed because you forgot a very important word and added an unecessary bit. CM have explained multiple times, including—most recently—an announcement by Barry, that new tracks can't be added due to time and licensing constraints.

Way back when, I was a Ferrari fan because of Schumacher. However, I'm a Merc fan now because of Hamilton. Yes, that may make it seem like I'm piling onto the "nerf Ferrari" bandwagon, but I came from NASCAR, where following drivers is much more common than following teams because there are everything from single-car, driver-owned teams to multi-car giants (Ganassi, Hendrick, etc.) there.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

On 8/4/2020 at 3:24 PM, marioho said:

We even have a goddamn rear view mirror!

That mirror was worth the price of the game alone for me.

No longer am i unexpectedly punted out by a Grosjean or K Mag appearing as if by magic.

I can now see their incoming missile and adopt the brace position prior to their mandatory aggressive and overly optimistic manouvre.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

I, actually, agree that Ferrari's engine should be docked severely in-game now that the real team's boss has said their cars won't be competitive untill '22, at the earliest.

If we are going for that level of realism then perhaps the game should be programmed that during every practice session, Vettel will lock up and ruin every set of fresh tyres or run wide and spoil pretty much every decent lap he does.

I still haven't quite got my head around how he managed to lock up at Copse at the weekend.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:37 AM, grizzles777 said:

Game desperately needs a performance update were not playing f1 2019

Don't know about this they people game but the redbull sister team are 4th fastest which I can't rember them been that quick in 19 apart from that and rp been a bit slower in game than real life mine is like real season for rest of teams apart from them 2 . On s 3 3 rd race