Forum Championship League | ITALIAN GP 29/01/2021 Read more... ×

1.07 patch - is this legit?

Yes safety car not working? No figure 8s during Formation lap for AI drivers? Pit strategy suggestions by Jeff the engineer? No choice just when next box lap is . Hopefully more stuff added to The Podium pass ? To easy to get to 30  doing all the stuff on game ! 

11 minutes ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

No figure 8s during Formation lap

Actually they do figure Ss on the formation lap.

Except Verstappen, he does figure 8s, into the barrier.

Edited by JesseDeya
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

Actually they do figure Ss on the formation lap.

Except Verstappen, he does figure 8s, into the barrier.

He will be a champion . His talent is immense and so young? But still young 

Edited by Honorofheroes81
So foolish driving
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

No argument here!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

You're right. The only question is: With which team ? I think as long as Hamilton and Mercedes are married, nobody else becomes world champion except Hamilton.

I am also afraid that in the next 10 years no other driver will become world champion who is not sitting in a Mercedes. This team is just so much better than everyone else. The dominance is getting bigger and bigger instead of getting smaller.
  • Agree 1

I have a feeling we will see Mad Max at Ferrari in around 2023 (after all, they have precedents with Schumi and Vettel for the win at any expense attitude). I don't see him having the patience to join them earlier whilst they rebuild, and he won't go to Mercedes whilst LH is there. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, ndrst said:

You're right. The only question is: With which team ? I think as long as Hamilton and Mercedes are married, nobody else becomes world champion except Hamilton.

I am also afraid that in the next 10 years no other driver will become world champion who is not sitting in a Mercedes. This team is just so much better than everyone else. The dominance is getting bigger and bigger instead of getting smaller.

I thought the same of Ferrari and Schumacher in the early naughties when they had six wins on the trot, but Renault came along and made it interesting again. The same will happen to Mercedes, and you won't have to wait 10 years.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

I thought the same of Ferrari and Schumacher in the early naughties when they had six wins on the trot, but Renault came along and made it interesting again. The same will happen to Mercedes, and you won't have to wait 10 years.

Maybe. Maybe not. The best engineers in motorsport work together every day at Mercedes to make the car better and better. The team also has the best structure and, as an overall package, also achieves the highest efficiency. There is not the slightest sign that this could change in the near future.

Mercedes will become world champion for the seventh time in a row this season, and the probability is very low that another team could become world champion in 2021 because the possibilities are very limited technically to catch up until 2022 for the other teams. What will happen if the best team with the best engineers builds a car for the new rules in 2022 ? In the end the
probability is high they will bring the next super car onto the track in 2022, which is then 2 seconds faster per lap than all other cars. The world has changed in all areas. The world has changed enormously in the past 20 years. Formula 1 is no longer what it was when Schumacher was still driving for Ferrari.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ndrst said:

Maybe. Maybe not. The best engineers in motorsport work together every day at Mercedes to make the car better and better. The team also has the best structure and, as an overall package, also achieves the highest efficiency. There is not the slightest sign that this could change in the near future.

All of which could be said of Ferrari from 99 to 04. **** happens.

3 minutes ago, ndrst said:

Mercedes will become world champion for the seventh time in a row this season, and the probability is very low that another team could become world champion in 2021 because the possibilities are very limited technically to catch up until 2022 for the other teams.

Assuming that is true, that is two years. What exactly is your basis for assuming Mercedes, or any team, could assume that level of competitiveness for the next 10 years?

4 minutes ago, ndrst said:

In the end the probability is high they will bring the next super car onto the track in 2022, which is then 2 seconds faster per lap than all other cars. The world has changed in all areas. The world has changed enormously in the past 20 years. Formula 1 is no longer what it was when Schumacher was still driving for Ferrari.

My poor boy, are you new to this sport?

@JesseDeya. I think we should continue this discussion after the winter tests in 2022. So far, there are no signs that Mercedes' dominance could be broken in the foreseeable future. In any case, I don't think looking into the history of Formula 1 to be able to predict the future is expedient.

All responses are what makes debate awesome and needed! Hamilton is just the most consistent driver! Botas jumps ship so he doesn't have to be #2 in Hamilton's shadow? You put Lewis on Any team? He would be just as good, just not as consistent.  The shake up for next year ,hopefully its lights the fire in everyone changing teams ? Next update add Nico Hackenberg to free agents i say 🎮

6 hours ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

Actually, next year each team will have a car made to this year's specs with certain upgrades. Thus, there's a chance, albeit likely somewhat small, that it'll be competitve next year.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ndrst said:

@JesseDeya. I think we should continue this discussion after the winter tests in 2022. So far, there are no signs that Mercedes' dominance could be broken in the foreseeable future. In any case, I don't think looking into the history of Formula 1 to be able to predict the future is expedient.

I couldn't disagree more. The history of F1 teams rising and falling is incredibly informative, "those who ignore the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them". Mercedes do not have have a secret sauce that no other team can replicate, that's not how engineering works. People thought Adrian Newey was the secret to success for a while, turns out he was but one ingredient in the recipe - take out some of the other ingredients and the whole dish fails.

• Agree 1

Now this discussion has most definitely digressed from the original post, but this one I don’t mind.

The thing with history and looking back… As long as you do this with a method in mind, that’s fantastic and very insightful. However if you just slap examples from the past on the conversation without any inquiry on the causal links, that’s as reasonable as putting everything up to God’s will.

It’s all trite platitudes. A team had its dominance crumble or crushed in whatever year? A team had its  superiority unassailed for n years in whatever period? There are always underlying reasons for what happened, and given that the event has long passed we have even more of an obligation to back these arguments up.

Mercedes is no recipient of divine favors. The team has a track record of stellar management – both in human and financial resources – and long term planning in the modern era. The Schumacher stint from 2010-2012 had the German legend fronting the team’s backstage venture both for (1) his prowess in aiding the development of a winning car with his renowned feedback ability and (2) his acumen in team building in the garage and up high in the ladder, not for any serious championship contention. From the outset he was there to lay the foundations for the team. Rosberg himself attributes to “warrior” Schumi much of his improvement on the psychological aspect of the sport – go give his Beyond The Grid podcast appearance a listen, it’s great!

That’s just an example, though. I’m not here to overblow Michael’s role on Mercedes. Actually my point strength relies precisely on his role not being the most important one: if Schumacher was that important to building the Silver Arrows dynasty and the board already had that commitment to the long game, just imagine what the likes of Ross Brawn and Paddy Lowe did.

Ever since the 2014 reg changes sniff was up in the air Mercedes had their sights locked on R&D for the new era. The chassis and engine development went as back as 2011-2012 with the bringing of Geoff Willis just to overseer the project in 2011. Aldo Costa’s episode on Beyond The Grid is another great listen! They basically had two projects concurrently running at the time – and, naturally, the funds to do so. 

Just to print the LinkedIn and CV of the names associated with those foundational years would require a ream of paper. Ross Brawn, Paddy Lowe, Lauda, Aldo Costa…

There is no simple or ethereal “history repeating itself”. History is a narrative book, not a bullet-point reference list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, creweutah said:

*** does this thread have to do with 1.07 patch?

Game progression, compared to The Real Life Progression? You play the Game? You see how the order is at each Finnished race is! Depending on difficulty settings in Myteam or career? Mercedes is always winning the constructors championship! Except in my gameplay so far? Botas is better then Hamilton 🤷‍♂️ ! Season 2 of myteam i am on , adjusting and fixes are needed! Like the F1 season? I see Verstappen as the next champ? Maybe not this year but the Kid had it all? 

F12020 on the ps4 is almost there, 

TRY NO ABS IN THE RAIN 

Using a T300 THRUSTMASTER WHEEL, its impossible, just locks up with the slightest of pressure on the brake pedal  

Unfortunately the brake pressure has never worked, 

All in all its  pretty good game, 

For those guys on pads , for us wheel Users the FFB IS so important, 

Its missing an axis, 

The ferrari sounds amazing, 

On 8/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, Aef251 said:

When playing career or My team, I’m not sure it matters if the starting performance is correct. It all changes so fast.

And in Grand Prix, I’m not sure if I would be in a rush to open tha gap between Merc and the rest of the field.

All I want is a stable game that works for all accounts and no longer has the wheel/camera bug. Performance and cosmetics are very low priority in my world.

Will it be like that in a performance update that Mercedes will have this huge gap between them and Red Bull if the season continues like this? It makes the game dull but I can imagine people wanting that gap because of realism? 

• Agree 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, creweutah said:

*** does this thread have to do with 1.07 patch?

Game progression, compared to The Real Life Progression? You play the Game? You see how the order is at each Finnished race is! Depending on difficulty settings in Myteam or career? Mercedes is always winning the constructors championship! Except in my gameplay so far? Botas is better then Hamilton 🤷‍♂️ ! Season 2 of myteam i am on , adjusting and fixes are needed! Like the F1 season? I see Verstappen as the next champ? Maybe not this year but the Kid had it all? 

On 8/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, sergey_blackbird said:

What bullet hole, can I ask?

The one to the right hand side of the short serated windscreen (don't know what it's actually called!) in the current version. 

• Thanks 1

Whatever they did for ERS ? Everything went kaput at Singapore today as i played! Usually practice programs are passable? But i would set a fast enough pace to Finnish best at the end of practice session? But lap times did not qualify as passable! Corner cutting also gotten crazy ! Hitting the corner edging corners and got warnings ! Season 2 here i only to 50% of race. Time for a full race no time for that! They need to add where AI drivers wreck not just mechanical problems! Trying to win a race ,With Ferrari, Mercedes, Austin Martin breathing down your back ! No relief 👍

IMG_20200807_133145.jpg

1 minute ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

!They need to add where AI drivers wreck not just mechanical

This happens already, although it seems more common at higher AI settings. Watch this for example:

• Thanks 1