F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

1.07 patch - is this legit?

1 minute ago, smalls048 said:

Also helps if you have sim damage on

In what way? Are you saying this affects if the AI make driving mistakes?

@Ultra3142 I'm saying it would mean if the ai make mistakes it's more likely to be race-ending for them if they hit a barrier because of the mistake

• Like 1

Amazing info i see on PC? Me Xbox but yes you have tremendous skill . Virtual Racing is sometimes better then the Real F1 season and cars ! I have Vettel and Rikkonen have retired? But the AI Verstappen i saw that ! Very awesome. They need to add this to all platforms not just PC but thank you!!!

13 minutes ago, Honorofheroes81 said:

Amazing info i see on PC? Me Xbox but yes you have tremendous skill .

I play on PS4 but the video I posted wasn't me driving :classic_smile:.

I think AI behaviour is the same on all platforms. I've not read anything to suggest it is different anyway.

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, senna94f1 said:

F12020 on the ps4 is almost there, 

TRY NO ABS IN THE RAIN 

Using a T300 THRUSTMASTER WHEEL, its impossible, just locks up with the slightest of pressure on the brake pedal  

Unfortunately the brake pressure has never worked, 

All in all its  pretty good game, 

For those guys on pads , for us wheel Users the FFB IS so important, 

Its missing an axis, 

The ferrari sounds amazing, 

I am using a T300 with T3PA Pro pedals, I have not had this issue. Admitidly I am on the PC, not the PS4. But I would have to assume that you either have a dodgy set of pedals (which can happen), or you just havnt learnt to reduce the amount of brake used in the wet without ABS yet. Without seeing what you are doing exactly, its rather hard to offer any advice, other than to brake earlier with a little less pressure. Braking zones are obviously increased in the wet.

Also, which pedals to you have with your T300?

If you have the T3PA's or the T3PA Pro pedals, are you using the conical brake mod???

If you are using the conical brake mod, when you first connect your wheel to your PS4 (or after powering on your PS4 if you leave your wheel connected all the time), make sure to press all 3 pedals fully prior to racing. This is an important step on Logitech and Thrustmaster hardware, as its the process to calibrate the pedals. A process that needs to happen each time the wheel is plugged in and powered on for racing. This happens normally through the process of racing as well, but when using the conical brake mod with the T3PA (and pro) Pedals; it becomes much more important to at least make sure you have pressed the brake as far as it will go before racing. If you dont do this while using the conical brake mod, you may never fully calibrate your brake pedal; and it will register 100% in software long before you have actually moved the physical pedal to 100%, potentially causing more frequent lockups (especially in the wet). It may also give the impression that the brake pedal axis isnt working correctly.

Video below shows what happens in software on Thrustmaster pedals if they are not calibrated prior to racing.

Hope this helps you out.

• Like 1

@Ialyrn you probably know but just in case not the T300 wheels usually (always?) come with their own two pedal set so I think there's a good chance this is what @senna94f1 is using as he didn't mention anything else. I'm using these currently but haven't tried driving in the wet with ABS off yet to comment.

(I have some T3PA Pro pedals too now but haven't got the bits I need to attach these to my wheel stand Pro yet to try them out.)

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

@Ialyrn you probably know but just in case not the T300 wheels usually (always?) come with their own two pedal set so I think there's a good chance this is what @senna94f1 is using as he didn't mention anything else. I'm using these currently but haven't tried driving in the wet with ABS off yet to comment.

(I have some T3PA Pro pedals too now but haven't got the bits I need to attach these to my wheel stand Pro yet to try them out.)

It all depends what pedals you get in the box. There are a couple of versions that sell with the t3pa base pedals, such as the T300 rs-gt set, and the T300 ferrari integral racing wheel alcantara set. Both have the base t3pa's in the box. the t3pa pedals, much like the t3pa pro pedals, have the conical brake mod included.

Also, set the pedals up in gt style, so much nicer to use in my opinion.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Also, set the pedals up in gt style, so much nicer to use in my opinion.

I didn't realise when I ordered the Pro pedals but actually I can only use the 'GT Style' arrangement with my wheel stand pro. Or at least without coming up with my own mounting mod. Having a bit of a play it seemed like this orientation may be better, and it's good to see you prefer them this way :classic_smile:.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I didn't realise when I ordered the Pro pedals but actually I can only use the 'GT Style' arrangement with my wheel stand pro. Or at least without coming up with my own mounting mod. Having a bit of a play it seemed like this orientation may be better, and it's good to see you prefer them this way :classic_smile:.

Gt style (inverted) is how they are in my video by the way. Just want to make sure our wires dont get crossed again. The normal way is often referred to as F1 style.

2 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Gt style (inverted) is how they are in my video by the way. Just want to make sure our wires dont get crossed again. The normal way is often referred to as F1 style.

No wires crossed :classic_smile:.

For certain sims or racing games i use base ps4 and T300 with the double gte pedals, 

I did have the t3 pro pedals but sadly they are broken  

The GTE pedals are new,

I Also race on iracing and AC through steam,

But for F12020 and rest of the previous f1 titles and pcars1 and pcars2,  along with dirt rally 1 and 2 , i use my base ps4 using T300 thrustmaster wheel with GTE double pedals, 

The pedals work fine on every other game wether pc or ps4,  so its not the pedals  

Its either a F12020 pedal brake bug that carries on if full distance race starts wet ,

Then starts to dry .

I live stream every league race ,so its there for the whole world to see, 

The lockup from having no ABS in the wet carried over to when I the track dried up 

As I say. The slightest brake pedal pressure resulted in either delayed or instant brake lockup  

And as a experienced league som racer for many many many many ( i am old ) years. 

I know how to set brake pedals up 

Othe league members using fanatec CLS ELITE wheels with v3 pedals didn't have lockup , 

My point being is wether you adjust the brake pressure to 50% or 100% , it does not work, 

Yet do the same adjustments on pcars2 and it works  🤔 

So I've probably discovered a bugs.  I won't bother to  report bug simple because Barry and codemasters staff don't want people who say no thats wrong,  they want yes people to agree with them, 

Same was said for the kids who posted on social media about if you go on codemasters , just open a account and your virtually guaranteed a beta test slot, 

And the less I say about that completel utter rubbish 🗑  the better, 

• Agree 1

So.... 1.07 IS legit... Steam just updated.

Any patch notes?

2 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

Any patch notes?

Nothing yet.

4 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

Any patch notes?

Obviously the version update will go up when a new build is released. It's just that the update log shared wasn't legit 🙂 

• Agree 1

I have noticed only one change. They deleted the Ritz-Carlton logo on the halo of the Mercedes car.Imagen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ignars2 said:

I have noticed only one change. They deleted the Ritz-Carlton logo on the halo of the Mercedes car.Imagen

Now they're missing the purple and blue line :classic_tongue:

that is the biggest question..  guess they dont release it hopefully to catch cheaters out!  (FINGERS CROSSED)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Costa said:

Now they're missing the purple and blue line :classic_tongue:

Was wondering this the other day whilst watching the British GPs and wondered where the ritz logo was on the proper car. They do need to add the blue and purple now though, bet the texture artists must be pulling their hair out with all the changes every week. 

Edited by stephensmattlee

Some good stuff, can't believe they still haven't fixed the time trial leaderboards tho it's been weeks now.