Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Game stuck on black screen after podium celebration animations

1. After finishing a race and when the podium celebration animations are done, my game is stuck on a black screen and no amount of waiting fixes it. When I forcibly close the game and restart, my race progress is gone and I have to restart the whole race.

2. PC

3. 1.06

4. MyTeam Career Mode

5. Has happened twice for me already during MyTeam Races

6. Tried closing the game from task manager and restarting, race progress is lost

7. PS4 Controller

• Agree 1

I had the same problem, not often, but 1 or 2 times. No formation lap for me

Can you post a DXDiag please @TubofIceCream so we can see if there is any issues. Have you tried some of the basic troubleshooting (Verifying integrity of Steam files for example)

Here is my DXDiag and have performed a file verification, it found some files to reacquire however these may be because I installed custom liveries so I will try to check if the error reoccurs without the custom liveries.

DxDiag.txt

Same thing for me, yesterday I finished a race on the podium in My Team mode (50% race) and gave a black screen right after the podium, game crashed and I completely lost the progress of the race, I will have to restart ...

Posted (edited)

1. I just had the same problem happen to me. Completely black screen after the podium scene at the end of a
F1 race at Albert Park set to 100% distance 😭

2. PC (Windows 10) - Steam

3. 1.06

4. Career Mode (not my team)

5. Only happened to me once and I'm loath to spend another 90 minutes trying to replicate it but I thought I might post here as it seems to happen to others too.

6. Alt-tabbed out and back in to no avail, tried disconnecting and reconnecting from my WiFi network and finally closed the process, losing my race result. The windows task manager never said that the game was 'Not Responding', and simply right clicking and selecting "close window" on the F1 game icon on the task bar was enough to close the program. FWIW, I was running the game at 1920x1080 at 120Hz in fullscreen mode on a 4k TV. For reference, I had my desktop resolution on this TV screen set to 3840x2160 at 60Hz

7. Xbox One controller

All my game files successfully validated and my dxdiag text file is attached.

DxDiagSealClubb3r.txt

Edited by SealClubb3r

1. Black screen after race introduction. 
1a. Black screen before race start as cars are on the grid. 
Both so long have to restart the game/ and or lasting on average 30-32 seconds. 

If there was a loading icon or prompt, it wouldn’t be as bad, but sitting there wondering if the game is going to start is or do I have to manually restart it really is a pain after having paid 59$ for the download  

2. PS4
3. Version 1.06
4. Career and My Team modes. 
5. Replication numbers, seems during every race. 
6. No amount of controller button pressing helps. Have to restart at times using PS button. Other times after 30 seconds game will load to next screen. 
7. Game pad Dual Shock Controller. 
8. Time stamp 1:50