Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Logitech G29 forgetting Logitech Ghub settings when switching between game modes (F1 2020 PC)

1. The settings for wheel rotation, spring centering etc that are set in Logitech Ghub for the Logitech G29 are "forgotten" by the game when quitting to the main menu, restarting a session, switching game modes etc. The only way that I can get the settings to work is if I quit Ghub and launch it again just before I leave the garage or start the race. I only have one Ghub profile which I set at 360 deg rotation. When the issue occurs, it reverts to 900 rotation. I don't have any profile with 900 deg rotation for my wheel as the default profile I use is the persistant profile

2. PC

3. 1.06 (Latest version of the game available on Steam on 4/8, although was present in earlier versions)

4. All modes

5. I have been able to replicate the issue at will. For example, if I am on the grid at the beginning of the race, I can quit Ghub and then launch again, and the Ghub settings (my settings are 360 deg rotation, 66 sensitivity, 10 spring centring, I have this for default and persistant profile for all games) will be reflected in the game. If I quit to the main menu, move onto the next race, or restart the session, the setting will revert back to the original ghub settings (which isn't my profile) ie. 900 deg rotation. I have not had one case where the game keeps my 360 deg settings between game modes

6. Have reinstalled logitech g-hub but could easily replicate the issue by methods mentioned above. I have also tried creating a profile specific for the game but the same issue occurs

7. N/A

8. See attached

Also noticed something this evening which may be a coincidence. I put my laptop to the TV via HDMI. When the wheel is giving me the force feedback I require, there is a small microstutter, not enough to prevent me from getting in decent lap times (for my level) but noticeable. Sometimes, this microstutter stops and the image is really smooth (like it would be for a ps4), but the handling immediately becomes harder, having to put much more wheel lock in to get round a corner. I had this about 5 times during a race I did this evening in My team and without fail would struggle massively the moment I get a good smooth image. I'm wondering if it could mean that the computer isn't providing the signal to the G29 or vice versa but only speculating.

DxDiag.txt

13 hours ago, jameswallace said:

1. The settings for wheel rotation, spring centering etc that are set in Logitech Ghub for the Logitech G29 are "forgotten" by the game when quitting to the main menu, restarting a session, switching game modes etc. The only way that I can get the settings to work is if I quit Ghub and launch it again just before I leave the garage or start the race. I only have one Ghub profile which I set at 360 deg rotation. When the issue occurs, it reverts to 900 rotation. I don't have any profile with 900 deg rotation for my wheel as the default profile I use is the persistant profile

2. PC

3. 1.06 (Latest version of the game available on Steam on 4/8, although was present in earlier versions)

4. All modes

5. I have been able to replicate the issue at will. For example, if I am on the grid at the beginning of the race, I can quit Ghub and then launch again, and the Ghub settings (my settings are 360 deg rotation, 66 sensitivity, 10 spring centring, I have this for default and persistant profile for all games) will be reflected in the game. If I quit to the main menu, move onto the next race, or restart the session, the setting will revert back to the original ghub settings (which isn't my profile) ie. 900 deg rotation. I have not had one case where the game keeps my 360 deg settings between game modes

6. Have reinstalled logitech g-hub but could easily replicate the issue by methods mentioned above. I have also tried creating a profile specific for the game but the same issue occurs

7. N/A

8. See attached

Also noticed something this evening which may be a coincidence. I put my laptop to the TV via HDMI. When the wheel is giving me the force feedback I require, there is a small microstutter, not enough to prevent me from getting in decent lap times (for my level) but noticeable. Sometimes, this microstutter stops and the image is really smooth (like it would be for a ps4), but the handling immediately becomes harder, having to put much more wheel lock in to get round a corner. I had this about 5 times during a race I did this evening in My team and without fail would struggle massively the moment I get a good smooth image. I'm wondering if it could mean that the computer isn't providing the signal to the G29 or vice versa but only speculating.

DxDiag.txt

Try verifying the Steam files, deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml and relaunching.

I had a 'fail' to launch error in-game which was only solved by reinstalling the Fanatec Driver, so maybe as you do this use Geek uninstall to remove GHub (if you had LGS, install and then uninstall with Geek?). Pretty much in my case the update to 1.05 and 1.06 altered the DOR to 900 when the wheel was Auto. I could reset that, but it was annoying (I'm now awaiting the next patch to see if a wheel tune is affected in any way.)

Your machine is pretty much updated, just a query on the Elan Touchpad and unsure of which Bluetooth driver you have

There's an ATI crash in the dxdiag, you could try DDU (drivers seem correct 20.5.1 and 446.14).

Other than that and checking which port you use the G29 in; the port on the left side may be USB 2.0 (referred to as sleep and charge port) but the port on the right next to the USB C is USB 3.0, and eliminate any USB hubs (passive or powered) for troubleshooting purposes.

Good luck. You could file a report on Logitech support if you really want to see what no useful help looks like!

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Try verifying the Steam files, deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml and relaunching.

I had a 'fail' to launch error in-game which was only solved by reinstalling the Fanatec Driver, so maybe as you do this use Geek uninstall to remove GHub (if you had LGS, install and then uninstall with Geek?). Pretty much in my case the update to 1.05 and 1.06 altered the DOR to 900 when the wheel was Auto. I could reset that, but it was annoying (I'm now awaiting the next patch to see if a wheel tune is affected in any way.)

Your machine is pretty much updated, just a query on the Elan Touchpad and unsure of which Bluetooth driver you have

There's an ATI crash in the dxdiag, you could try DDU (drivers seem correct 20.5.1 and 446.14).

Other than that and checking which port you use the G29 in; the port on the left side may be USB 2.0 (referred to as sleep and charge port) but the port on the right next to the USB C is USB 3.0, and eliminate any USB hubs (passive or powered) for troubleshooting purposes.

Good luck. You could file a report on Logitech support if you really want to see what no useful help looks like!

Thanks Stevie, will try this out this evening. Where is that hardware_settings_config.xml file located? I tried to find it yesterday as I saw it mentioned elsewhere but couldn't find it.

To clear up a few loose ends, I have downloaded the drivers from HP this afternoon so Elan Touchpad is on 22.2.18.2 and Bluetooth drivers are Realtek RTL8xxx Bluetooth Driver 1.8.1027.3000 and Intel Bluetooth Driver 21.80.3. I am using the USB port on the left hand side (which doesn't have the charging symbol, so I assume this is USB 3.0) and I don't have any USB hubs. Will try your ghub suggestion for the uninstall and never used LGS software as it was superseeded by Ghub before I started using the wheel.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jameswallace said:

Thanks Stevie, will try this out this evening. Where is that hardware_settings_config.xml file located? I tried to find it yesterday as I saw it mentioned elsewhere but couldn't find it.

To clear up a few loose ends, I have downloaded the drivers from HP this afternoon so Elan Touchpad is on 22.2.18.2 and Bluetooth drivers are Realtek RTL8xxx Bluetooth Driver 1.8.1027.3000 and Intel Bluetooth Driver 21.80.3. I am using the USB port on the left hand side (which doesn't have the charging symbol, so I assume this is USB 3.0) and I don't have any USB hubs. Will try your ghub suggestion for the uninstall and never used LGS software as it was superseeded by Ghub before I started using the wheel.

The file is located in C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\Documents\My Games\F1 2020\hardware_settings

Posted (edited)

@jameswallace

I have the exact problem, my friend has the exact problem - both using G29's. Really keen to see if you found a solution, its really frustrating.

My issue is slightly different, when I go into the game initially it is at 900, if I go back to to the ghub software and change back to 360 and go back into the game it works. Once ingame it stays at 360 until I go out of the game. If I then go back into the game it's 900 again, and have to repeat the process.

Edited by BuzzHornet

2 hours ago, BuzzHornet said:

@jameswallace

I have the exact problem, my friend has the exact problem - both using G29's. Really keen to see if you found a solution, its really frustrating.

My issue is slightly different, when I go into the game initially it is at 900, if I go back to to the ghub software and change back to 360 and go back into the game it works. Once ingame it stays at 360 until I go out of the game. If I then go back into the game it's 900 again, and have to repeat the process.

I think so....more of a workaround actually and the new update to logitech ghub has actually helped enourmously (and surprisingly). I'll write some steps here and can provide some screenshots later if it helps:

1. I have created a F1_2020_Dx12 profile in the Ghub with my preferred settings. I also have the same settings in my desktop default as well because it helps with step 3 when the game isn't launched

2. Before each game launch, as suggested my StevieJay, delete the 2 files in C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\Documents\My Games\F1 2020\hardware_settings

3. Again, before the game is launched, connect the G29 and open up the Ghub. Navigate to the screen where the rotation and sensitivity can be adjusted, in the new ghub software, it will show you the angle of the wheel on the right hand side of the screen. Rotate the wheel. If it doesn't doesn't physically stop when you have put the wheel to 180 degrees in either direction (if you have 360 rotation) , then quit Ghub (I do this either through task manager or the taskbar) and then relaunch it. Repeat this step until the wheel physically stops at your preferred setting and is showing the same value on the steering angle graphic (this is why a ghub update is actually useful for a change). I have never had to repeat this step more than twice in the past.

4. Once you are happy the wheel is only giving you the rotation you want, keep the ghub open and launch the game.

5. I would try in time trial mode first. I have had one instance where the steering wheel was off centre to begin with, but crashing into a wall seemed to force the motor to reset, but 9/10 times it giving me the settings I want. It also seems to work for me now switching between settings so I am suspecting clearing the hardware files and getting ghub with the correct settings before launching is doing the right thing

6. I can also share with you my wheel FFB settings, i have copied some settings over from 2019 game on the ps4 and it feels really sweet to drive now

Hope this helps and more than happy to provide any video/screenshots for anything that isn't clear

2 hours ago, jameswallace said:

I think so....more of a workaround actually and the new update to logitech ghub has actually helped enourmously (and surprisingly). I'll write some steps here and can provide some screenshots later if it helps:

1. I have created a F1_2020_Dx12 profile in the Ghub with my preferred settings. I also have the same settings in my desktop default as well because it helps with step 3 when the game isn't launched

2. Before each game launch, as suggested my StevieJay, delete the 2 files in C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\Documents\My Games\F1 2020\hardware_settings

3. Again, before the game is launched, connect the G29 and open up the Ghub. Navigate to the screen where the rotation and sensitivity can be adjusted, in the new ghub software, it will show you the angle of the wheel on the right hand side of the screen. Rotate the wheel. If it doesn't doesn't physically stop when you have put the wheel to 180 degrees in either direction (if you have 360 rotation) , then quit Ghub (I do this either through task manager or the taskbar) and then relaunch it. Repeat this step until the wheel physically stops at your preferred setting and is showing the same value on the steering angle graphic (this is why a ghub update is actually useful for a change). I have never had to repeat this step more than twice in the past.

4. Once you are happy the wheel is only giving you the rotation you want, keep the ghub open and launch the game.

5. I would try in time trial mode first. I have had one instance where the steering wheel was off centre to begin with, but crashing into a wall seemed to force the motor to reset, but 9/10 times it giving me the settings I want. It also seems to work for me now switching between settings so I am suspecting clearing the hardware files and getting ghub with the correct settings before launching is doing the right thing

6. I can also share with you my wheel FFB settings, i have copied some settings over from 2019 game on the ps4 and it feels really sweet to drive now

Hope this helps and more than happy to provide any video/screenshots for anything that isn't clear

Thanks mate appreciate it, its clunky but if it works than great. I will give it a try and let you know.