F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

MyTeam: Potential for best car?

Just a curiosity that I'm hoping Codemasters can shed some light on...

In MyTeam I assume it's possible to make our car the best car overall, right?  If yes, and since we're starting with basically the worst car on the grid, I'm curious about the scaling of our R&D upgrades compared to the other teams.  All things being equal, after several seasons all teams would presumably have a completely maxed out car, but ours would have somehow surpassed all other teams along the way.  So does that mean our R&D upgrades are more powerful than the upgrades the other teams have?  Do the other teams simply not have as many upgrades available to them?  Or ...?

Unless my initial assumption is incorrect (would be good to know if that's the case!), then I understand it really doesn't matter how the other teams scale compared to us.  Nevertheless, I would be interested to know how it all works.

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

F1 2019 was my first entry in the series and I only went as far as the last third of a season 2 career mode calendar. But seems to me the games are not really pristine accomplishments of long term balance. I'll probably get to seasons 5+ on F1 2020 as I got the game early and will be able to see it for myself soon-ish, but I'd love to see experienced players insight on the topic. 

I'd wager as the game progresses regulation changes play a bigger role as The Great Leveller. Like the typhoon or the alien invasion in Sim City, toppling your careful R&D performance to a pile of bones and dust and affecting all teams unequally in order to keep the performance charts breathing. Meaning, a maxed out car potential won't really be that big of a factor as a team would not remain on that state for too long.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 2

A fully max'd my tesm car comes in at around 1100 on the performance chart

i believe each Engine manufacturer has a Tech tree. So all Ferrari based engine teams will have the same chart, and the same with the rest of the other teams. As someone said before, the Regulation take a big part into all of this. Now if you asked if all the teams progressed the same, i can't tell you that. Ive notice my Ai teams progressing differently than the YouTubers. Now with it being Myteam, other stuff comes into play. Teams may run into financial problems, reason why some teams will Flatline for 5 races. They may not be bring in alot of R&D Like the rest of us.