F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Qualifying pace questions

do you think its dumb that they changed how the Qualifying program works? I don't really like the One lap and you're done, the old games you could have a max 3 laps and you could keep going. I kinda prefer that way. This new way, if you fail to make Purple, it ends it. So that means i have to waste tyre life to get to the pits to restart the Program, and then the outlap to get it started. Your thoughts? Don't mind the new way just a pain at times. 

Also, anyone think the Qualifying program at CERTAIN tracks are set to hard. Me and my Ai will be about the same and on some tracks it'll show that im like 2.5 seconds slower. Does that mean me and my Ai are not maximizing the car or what i thought and its set too high at some tracks. Season 1 i could Purple most of them, with green being the exception. Season 2 is where ive been getting the "below 2 seconds for the program". Qualifying me and My teammate will be about .500 seconds apart with jim ahead or behind and in the race its like any other race and the cars are where they should be at. Thoughts on this one 

(Ps sorry for the long post)

• Agree 2

I do think this programme needs looking at i set everything at the "correct" level and end up where i should based on performance but usually on quali programmes i can be a whole second off the expected time.  Its a common issue im running into at most tracks rest of the programmes are fine and the results are manageable.

This isn't about demanding an easy way to get purple on the programme even hitting green seems far too tough.

6 minutes ago, TheCroc84 said:

I do think this programme needs looking at i set everything at the "correct" level and end up where i should based on performance but usually on quali programmes i can be a whole second off the expected time.  Its a common issue im running into at most tracks rest of the programmes are fine and the results are manageable.

This isn't about demanding an easy way to get purple on the programme even hitting green seems far too tough.

Varies circuit to circuit, Silverstone I passed it comfortably, where as Budapest I missed out by a couple tenths. They need to bring the difficulty a lot closer for some of the tracks,

Jeff:  We've looked at the times that we estimate our CLOSEST RIVALS will set during qualifying.

Me:  Ok, gotta match Williams.  Puts in the fastest lap I can possibly do.

Jeff:  That time wasn't fast enough (or, if I'm lucky, I'll get Green).

Me:  Looks at the timing boards, sees my time is #2, only 0.1 seconds slower than LEWIS HAMILTON.

:classic_wacko:

• Haha 2