F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Safety car and race strategy

Is the safety car absent in this game? I play 100 percent distance in career mode and my setting is set to on, but 10 races in nothing, no VSC or SC, please fix, and the suggested new strategy in race is bugged, eg. If weather is changing engineer still suggests dry compound and also the alternate strategy is 0 stops?! This is on PC 

I also didn’t see SC on my team, only VSC, I play 50% away, in Bahrain I started on P1 and the game didn’t choose me to start with hard tires and put medium after the pit stop forcing me to do 2 pits stops due to wear of the tires.

Pretty random, eh? Like IRL? I've just finished a 16 race season on My Team, seen both VSCs and SCS, running 25% races. So, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Who'd a thunk it. 

3 minutes ago, amazingblaze said:

Pretty random, eh? Like IRL? I've just finished a 16 race season on My Team, seen both VSCs and SCS, running 25% races. So, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Who'd a thunk it. 

I think we need Safety Car Driver Simulator from Codies

12 hours ago, naim786 said:

Is the safety car absent in this game? I play 100 percent distance in career mode and my setting is set to on, but 10 races in nothing, no VSC or SC, please fix, and the suggested new strategy in race is bugged, eg. If weather is changing engineer still suggests dry compound and also the alternate strategy is 0 stops?! This is on PC 

Did you restart you're career?

I think the damage settings must be high to make the Sc appear. Try

I suffered with that in F1 2019. But in 2020 I'm having 50% SC in races, but there are no accidents, just abandoning the race due to mechanical failures.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, naim786 said:

The new strategy issue has been recognised as a issue by codemasters so hopefully be fixed soon not sure about safety car but I know some people never see it and others like me see it a lot ( lando’s driving seems to be so different in game to real life lol).