Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PS4 1.08] stuck in the loading screen Time Trial

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Each time I enter the Time Trial mode for the second time, the game keeps loading forever and doesn't go on.
"Second time" means if I play Time Trial, then go back to the Main Screen and enter Time Trial again.
But also if I play Career mode, then go back to the Main Screen and enter Time Trial.

EDIT: it looks more random than I previously thought

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

It may be "each time", not sure if I ever was successfull "the second time", I will continue checking and eventually update the topic.

EDIT: I would say it happens 1 out of 3 times more or less

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I must close F1 2020 and relaunch

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29, don't know it it may affect the issue

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

None, simply loading screen in Time Trial.

Thank you, kind regards.

Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
upd patch number

Can you grab a video of this happening please @Nuvolarix. Does it only happen with regards to TT

I have exactly the same issue. Only it happens also the first time when I want to start TT. 

I have attached a video of the issue.

PS4, V1.06, T300RS pro, FERRARI F1 rim

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Meelty said:

I have exactly the same issue. Only it happens also the first time when I want to start TT. 

I have attached a video of the issue.

PS4, V1.06, T300RS pro, FERRARI F1 rim

Yeah, exactly like this and yes, it looks more random than I previously thought. I have edited the main post with the related info.

Sorry for being late but I’m just back home. However I guess my video is not necessary anymore, Meelty’s one is exactly like mine, thank you!

PS: @BarryBL yes only TT so far

Edited by Nuvolarix
Further info

However, here my "loading bug" of the day: 1 full minute (after 30-40 seconds before I started to record), no way. Usually it takes 7-8 seconds...

Greetings,
Nuv

Posted (edited)

It can be a hit-or-miss thing, so it may take a while to replicate. I know this because I only do TT and have only had this happen five times at most on Xbox One, usually, with several successful loads in between.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Are people still experiencing this regularly post 1.08. If so, can users who have not added their reports add those and videos, along with the report code. This is found in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code at the bottom left.

34 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Are people still experiencing this regularly post 1.08. If so, can users who have not added their reports add those and videos, along with the report code. This is found in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code at the bottom left.

I'm in holydays right now, I will check 1.08 as soon as I get home, probably not before than the second week of September.
In the meanwhile if someone else with the same bug is around, please have a look at BarryBL post, thank you.

Nuv

• Like 1

Hi @BarryBL, I'm still (yesterday) experiencing this after the 1.08 update. I'm gonna try to upload a clip again with the report code when it happens again.

This is what happened last time: I was playing TT at Austria and then switch to a different circuit (France). The loading screen came up and i was stuck.

Thanks @Meelty, can you add it in MP4 format please. Just tried to replicate on PC and was unsuccessful. Is this PS4 exclusive?. I'll try on Xbox (don't have a PS4 at home) and see what happens.

EDIT: Unable to replicate on Xbox. Flirted with the problem, was just a slightly longer load time, if I'm being picky.

Posted (edited)

Hi @BarryBL,

Unfortunately, the problem has reappeared. Here is my contribution:

report code: GXKJ-HGVK-JVCS-PCEC

youtube link to the video of problem (file was too big to upload here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqnmMvsMj8

I have edited the clip so you haven’t have to watch the full 15 minutes. I started at Austria. Did a few laps and changed to Britain. Did a few laps and changed to France. Did again a few laps and changed to Canada to get stuck at the loading screen. It seems like it happens when I spend more then 15 minutes in TT.

PS. Forgive my bad driving. Normally I use a steering wheel but in order to make a quick video I used a controller for the first time.

Edited by Meelty

Hi @BarryBL,

And today it happened again... 

YT link:

https://youtu.be/syisV3YGR4s

I think it has something to do with the online services. As you can see in the video: first, came the big screen with “communicating online services”. 
after the big screen the TT leaderboards wouldn’t load (another issue that still exists). And last but not least TT wouldn’t load at all. Can’t wait to hear from you.

Report code: CTAH-VSBH-RBCS-PCEC

The problem still exists. Waiting for solution...

• Agree 1

@BarryBLpatch 1.08 tested and issue still there with PS4, I did exactly the following:

1) started Time Trial session in France --> success;
2) after having achieved a decent lap, more or less after 1 hour of play, I ended the session;
3) I started again the Time Trial session, always in France --> success;
4) I loaded my setting and started a lap and my bestlap ghost wasn't there, only the default ghost again (I often experience this, perhaps something related to the issue?);
5) I ended the session again;
6) I started Time Trial session for the 3rd time, always in France --> failed, stuck in the loading screen!

(just to continue my typical behaviour)
7) I force the app to close from the PS4 main menu;
8 ) I restart F1 2020;
9) I start Time Trial (France) again --> success;
10) my bestlap ghost is back!

Report code: GKXG-PHBK-MBPR-AASC

Regards,
Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix

How often it happens, I would say 1 out of 3 as max.

I experienced once again few minutes ago: just played some TT again (loading my car setup), did some laps, improved my best time a little bit, back to the main menu. Then started TT again --> stuck in loading screen!

Nuv

Hi @BarryBL,
Since last week I bought a new router and upgraded my internet. Since then, I have had much more stable internet in general and therefore no more problems in TimeTrial or F1 2020 the game. I know that this should not be the solution to this problem but in any case it is clearly a connectivity issue. I just wanted to let you know. Take care!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Meelty said:

Hi @BarryBL,
Since last week I bought a new router and upgraded my internet. Since then, I have had much more stable internet in general and therefore no more problems in TimeTrial or F1 2020 the game. I know that this should not be the solution to this problem but in any case it is clearly a connectivity issue. I just wanted to let you know. Take care!

@Meelty have you got NAT type 1?

Thank you,

Nuv