F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Monza track ugly

Sorry to say, but to my eyes this years Monza track looks kind of ugly, I'm talking about the vegetation. I know it has been downgraded but the choice of trees, too much spruce trees, really bothers me and the track has a more Spa feeling to it than Italy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

Sorry to say, but to my eyes this years Monza track looks kind of ugly, I'm talking about the vegetation. I know it has been downgraded but the choice of trees, too much spruce trees, really bothers me and the track has a more Spa feeling to it than Italy.

Too busy paying attention to the track to notice the local Italian flora and fauna. 😉

Posted (edited)
I race in F1 2020 and i am fully focused on the racetrack while racing. When I want to look at vegetation, I play golf. What I want to say is that gameplay is much more important than graphics. Great graphics are useless if the gameplay is worthless.

Edited by ndrst
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

I know it's important to stop and smell the roses, but this might be the one exception.  😉

At the end of the day, when your playing a game where you tubers change your tyres and fix your engines, having nice looking trees are the least of the problems :classic_blink:

2 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

If you argue like that you could play a racing game from the 80s, great gameplay and ****** graphics.

Not quite. Having played racing games in the 80s I'd say their gameplay sucked by modern standards too :classic_smile:.

I can't say I was visually distressed by the look of Monza from the few laps I've done so far.

2 hours ago, KillingJoke197 said:

If you argue like that you could play a racing game from the 80s, great gameplay and ****** graphics.

Well, I think you're exaggerating a little now. A certain graphics standard should be expected in 2020 and beyond. However, it is not necessary to animate things that you would never notice while racing. Anyway, I think that only the people complain about the graphics who constantly fly their cars over the track limits and have everything else in mind instead of driving properly.

Yeah the gameplay doesn't hold up that well 🙂 The track is not super ugly, it is just that it could be better, and was better in the previous versions of the game.