Jump to content Jump to content

Improve Pit times

CaptainRudyard

They removed the option to manage that.  I think it would be interesting to make a kind of mini game when entering the pits, where you would have to press a sequence of 3 or 4 buttons that appear on the screen quickly, and the more you get it right, the faster the change is made.  Just an idea to make it more dynamic and less random.

1 minute ago, caiocrq said:

They removed the option to manage that.  I think it would be interesting to make a kind of mini game when entering the pits, where you would have to press a sequence of 3 or 4 buttons that appear on the screen quickly, and the more you get it right, the faster the change is made.  Just an idea to make it more dynamic and less random.

They had this on F1 06. Different buttons for each tire and then release etc.

If you forgot you turned it on it could really knack you up :classic_laugh:

Interesting. I've never had a pitstop over 3 seconds if there was no traffic issues. Mine are almost always 2.3. I think the time comes from having the right RPM and being sharp with reaction after the stop. I do have a habit of using "Box this lap" when pitting, but I don't have any idea if it makes the stop any faster.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in button-pressing mini-games, but if there was a skill element to be attached, why not simply allow the drivers to manually drive and stop at the pit crew.

I think it was attached to the driver-team contract on F1 2019? It was one of the perks you could negotiate with your team. I'm not that far in the F1 2020 career mode so I don't know if it's still present, but I guess it was removed.

As it is looks like we don't have any input or say on the overall pitstop duration margins. Would be nice to have it implemented in the Facilities system. Maybe a crew department that you could invest in to have shorter repair and pit stop times? Haha they could start with an open face helmet and as you spec up the facility they could get slick livery and equipment upgrades to end up looking like those mad mechanics:

RED BULL Racing Formula One Team / Pit Crew Helmet on Behance in ...

The Best Looking Crew in the Pitlane : formula1

Edit: and there should be a Pit Crew spec 3.5 where you could hire this absolute unit of a Huge Jackman:

12f4atlu89c51.jpg

And to have the option to dress your crew specially for your home GP like this:

Archived