Jump to content Jump to content

Cars over-sparking - Career mode

I'm probably going to raise this as a bug as I have done for 2018/2019 but has anyone else noticed that cars that are upgraded in the career mode (season 2ish onwards), spark almost constantly around the track?

The cause previously and very likely this time is that the downforce upgrades push the car lower down with the in-game physics but the upgrades don't compensate springs or ride height automatically, as I guess a team would do in real life.

It means that to reduce the bottoming out you have to increase ride height to ridiculous levels whereas the AI doesn't need to do this because their cars aren't simulated in the same way. Plus the sound gets really annoying.

• Like 2

Had this after some of the chassis upgrades. I think it's 'aesthetic' so the car isn't 'actually' bottoming out but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that, I've only just got to grips with set ups. It's really annoying and it was an issue in last years' game too. Even at maximum ride height, I still 'bottom' out so it's definitely a bug.

Edited by Peachrocks
  • Agree 1

I'm on my second season in My Team. I've always seen sparks but never in excess. And to this point the AI has as much of a sparking ride as me, according to the highlights and replays.

Are you running often those Time Trial setups with soft suspensions on the 1-2 levels? 

Same issue here, when on second season of My Team Career with Aero Upgrade about 2/3 complete. No matter what wing setting and height setting, bottom scrapes in almost 90% of all the straights...its a bummer having to feel scraping. Also kills enjoyment of replays and highlights.

Edited by Christiankirk81
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • 3 months later...

Sparking as a visual thing, I don't really see it is a problem. The far more serious side of the car bottoming out is when it does so in a high speed corner such as Eau Rouge, Yas Marina T3 or Bahrain T12, leading to a total loss of control. I have noticed that there are minimum levels of rear ride height for avoiding such incidents, and these do increase a 1 or 2 points during the career (although certainly not to the point where you need it at max level). Personally I don't mind the car changing in this way, it keeps practice fresh and interesting as I tweak my setups from season to season. It is worth noting that having to use a higher ride height does slightly negate an advantage that the user has over the AI to run much lower ride heights.

3 hours ago, pacers101 said:

Sparking as a visual thing, I don't really see it is a problem. The far more serious side of the car bottoming out is when it does so in a high speed corner such as Eau Rouge, Yas Marina T3 or Bahrain T12, leading to a total loss of control. I have noticed that there are minimum levels of rear ride height for avoiding such incidents, and these do increase a 1 or 2 points during the career (although certainly not to the point where you need it at max level). Personally I don't mind the car changing in this way, it keeps practice fresh and interesting as I tweak my setups from season to season. It is worth noting that having to use a higher ride height does slightly negate an advantage that the user has over the AI to run much lower ride heights.

Isn't ONLY visual effects on the sparks mate.. if you run with an very very low ride height car you will loose top speed in the straights ( more or less 10kph) and you will loose the control of the car in fast corners when you touch the kerbs.. helps if you make an stiffness car and if you put higher ride height values.. in my case I am at 6th season of MyTeam Career mode and I know at the beginning i was able to run with an setting more lower.. but when you start upgrading your car you have to tweak a little your car setups aswell to get the max potential 

• Agree 1