Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Throttle keeps hanging G29

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Fast2U2 said:

Thanks for a quick reply.

it generates a low throttle signal but not on every occasion having the foot removed. It feels it happens mostly in the low gears (2-4). I will have a look at the deadline. I have to lower likely, or?

Increase the dead zone from the zero it's probably currently on. The idea of it is to ignore an initial bit of movement on the pedal, ignoring more the larger the set value. Whether it will help will depend on the cause but it might.

• Agree 1
On 8/24/2020 at 2:41 AM, Fast2U2 said:

Thanks for a quick reply.

it generates a low throttle signal but not on every occasion having the foot removed. It feels it happens mostly in the low gears (2-4). I will have a look at the deadline. I have to lower likely, or?

I have the G29 for PC and had this same problem last week. When I would give small throttle inputs, or take my foot off the throttle pedal suddenly, the throttle would flutter on it's own without any input. You say it doesn't happen in other games but it might be worthwhile to calibrate the g29 pedals outside of the game (if you're on pc). Setup game controllers from your windows control panel and see if you're getting ghost input outside of the game. If you are, it's likely a dirty potentiometer in the pedal hardware. I Frankensteined my pedals out of the box so I didn't care about warrantee, so I took my pedals apart and cleaned the potentiometer. There's a video on Youtube if you search for it. My pedals work like new now. Took about 30 minutes of careful dissection. If you're not very handy with tools, if you care about your warrantee, or are thinking about contacting logitech about the issue, definitely don't take your pedals apart.

Like others have said, if the issue is only persistent in this one game, you can turn up the deadzone on your throttle pedal in the game settings (that's what I did before I tried cleaning them) 

• Agree 1